[Blues-l] PLAYLIST: Cha Cha Cha In Blue, CKUT FM 90, 3 Montreal 20220515

John Detcheverry ckutblue@colba.net
Sun May 15 19:37:54 EDT 2022

Tonight on Cha Cha Cha In Blue we're still in lockdown and this is my
106th show recorded at home! The 2022 FUNDING DRIVE is over but IT'S
NEVER TOO LATE TO DONATE!  GO TO http://ckut.ca/donate Let's open with
new singles from Jim Dan Dee, Blaze Project, Norine Braun, Ray
Bonneville, Matt Gibb, and JP Leblanc. Then we'll talk with Kevin Harvey
of The Durham County Poets and listen to a couple of songs from their
new album "Out Of The Woods" In the "history" part of the show I've got
Bessie Smith, Wee Bea Booze, Lightnin' Hopkins, Katie Webster & Ashton
Savoy, Clarence Samuels, Ray Charles, Joe Williams, Big Joe Turner,
Lafayette “Thing” Thomas, Johnny "Guitar" Watson, Big John Greer, Albert
King, and Dave Specter. We'll close with another tune from Durham County
Poets in advance of their Saturday launch at Petit Campus. Tune in to
CKUT FM90,3 (Montreal) or http://www.ckut.ca (everywhere else) from 9-11
PM. PLEASE DONATE GENEROUSLY! PLEASE SUPPORT BLUES RADIO AND TRUE
DIVERSITY IN PROGRAMMING!  CHECK OUT OUR MERCH! CKUT HOODIES $40!!!
TURNTABLE SLIPMATS $15!!! COOL TEES $20!!!
https://www.ckut.ca/en/content/store

running blues radio show
CKUT FM 90,3 Get the 20220515 show from the archives at http://www.ckut.ca

Artist/Album/Song/Label or Distributor
*INTRO*
ID - Harry Manx

*NEW BLUES(Y) SINGLES!*
Jim Dan Dee/Real Blues/Bleed Me Dry/Indie
Blaze Project/Enjoy This Moment/Sweet Little Misery/Indie
Norine Braun/Songs For Trees/Bulldozed Blues/Indie
Ray Bonneville/On The Blind Side/On The Blind Side/Indie
Matt Gibb/All The Way/At The Crossroad/Indie
JP Leblanc/Acadjan Girl – Single/Acadjan Girl/Indie

*DURHAM COUNTY POETS LAUNCH THEIR NEW CD!*
Kevin Harvey Interview
Durham County Poets/Out Of The Woods/Back At The Groove Shack/Indie
AD TRACK 05 BlueGrass Camp
ID - Kevin Harvey - Durham County Poets
Durham County Poets/Out Of The Woods/Love's Got A Hold On Me feat. Karen
Morand/Indie
*
**COMMEMORATING BIRTHS, DEATHS, & OTHER NOTABLE EVENTS*
Bessie Smith/Blues Masters Vol. 11: Classic Blues Women/Nobody Knows You
When You're Down And Out/Rhino Records
Wee Bea Booze/Don't You Feel My Leg/Easy Riding Blues/Delmark Records
Lightnin' Hopkins/Hootin' the Blues/Ain't It Crazy/Prestige
Katie Webster & Ashton Savoy/Louisiana Swamp Blues/Baby Baby/Flyright
Records
Clarence Samuels/Chess Blues 1947-1952/Lollypop Mama/Chess Records
Ray Charles/The Best Of/It Should've Been Me/World Star Collection
AD TRACK 06 Black Rose Book
ID - Victor Wainwright
Joe Williams/Every Day: Best Of The Verve Years/Everyday I Have The
Blues/Verve Records
Big Joe Turner/Shouting The Blues/Midnight Is Here Again/Specialty Records
Lafayette “Thing” Thomas/Screaming and Crying/Jumpin' In the Heart of
Town/Fantastic Voyage
Johnny "Guitar" Watson/1952-1955/Gettin' Drunk/Classics
Big John Greer/Mickey Baker & More Friends/Come Back, Uncle John/
FD 33 - Stretch - Never Too Late
ID - Blind Lemon Pledge
Albert King/The Ultimate Collection/You Threw Your Love On Me Too
Strong/Rhino Records
Dave Specter/Six String Soul: 30 Years On Delmark/Ridin' High
(Instrumental)/Delmark Records
*
**APPEARING LIVE* SATURDAY, MAY 21 at Petit Campus 57 Prince-Arthur Est
Montreal, QC
Durham County Poets/Out Of The Woods/Mean Old Dog/Indie
https://www.facebook.com/events/1577064172674161/
-----------------------------
HAVE YOU DONATED YET PLEASE BE GENEROUS! PLEASE SUPPORT BLUES RADIO AND
TRUE DIVERSITY IN PROGRAMMING! http://funding.ckut.ca/ "Men, Let your
wallets flop out! And, Women, open your purses!" Go to
http://ckut.ca/donate and when you see "CHOOSE A SHOW TO DONATE TO"
please scroll down to "Cha Cha Cha In Blue"! And check out our merch!
CKUT HOODIES $40!!! TURNTABLE SLIPMATS $15!!!  COOL TEES $20!!!
https://www.ckut.ca/en/content/store Contact me at
mailto:ckutblue@colba.net <mailto:ckutblue@colba.net>

--
John Detcheverry