[Blues-l] PLAYLIST: Cha Cha Cha In Blue, CKUT FM 90, 3 Montreal 20220501

John Detcheverry ckutblue@colba.net
Sun May 1 19:09:05 EDT 2022

Tonight on Cha Cha Cha In Blue we're still in lockdown and this is my
104th show recorded at home! The 2022 FUNDING DRIVE is over but IT'S
NEVER TOO LATE TO DONATE!  GO TO http://ckut.ca/donate Let's start with
some recent music from Kenny 'Blues Boss' Wayne, Ethan Askey, Steven
Troch, The Actual Goners, and Popa Chubby. This week's featured new
releases are from The Hogtown Allstars, Gary Cain, and the Markey Blue
Ric Latina Project. In the "history" part of the show I've got Big Bill
Broonzy, Blind Willie McTell, Blue Lu Barker, Big Maybelle, Muddy
Waters, Little Walter, Carey Bell, Homesick James, James Brown, The Paul
Butterfield Blues Band, and Chris Antonik. We'll close with a tune from
Ben Racine Band in advance of their Saturday appearance at L'AQUARIUM
CAFÉ BAR. Tune in to CKUT FM90,3 (Montreal) or http://www.ckut.ca
(everywhere else) from 9-11 PM. PLEASE DONATE GENEROUSLY! PLEASE SUPPORT
BLUES RADIO AND TRUE DIVERSITY IN PROGRAMMING!  CHECK OUT OUR MERCH!
CKUT HOODIES $40!!! TURNTABLE SLIPMATS $15!!! COOL TEES $20!!!
https://www.ckut.ca/en/content/store

running blues radio show
CKUT FM 90,3 Get the 20220501 show from the archives at http://www.ckut.ca

Artist/Album/Song/Label or Distributor
INTRO
ID - Harry Manx

NEWISH AND BLUISH ...
Kenny 'Blues Boss' Wayne/Blues From Chicago To Paris/Somebody Tell That
Woman/Stony Plain Records
Ethan Askey/Walk When You Wanna Run/Tuvimos/Indie
Steven Troch/The Call/Ghetto Gap/Indie
The Actual Goners/Lost Highway/Would You Take An IOU/Indie
ID – Popa Chubby
Popa Chubby/Emotional Gangster/I'm The Dog/Dixie Frog Music

FEATURED NEW RELEASES
The Hogtown Allstars/Hog Wild/Mr. Lucky/Stony Plain Records
AD TRACK 28 fimav 2022 pangea de futura
ID - Brad Wilson
The Hogtown Allstars/Hog Wild/Angel In My Bed/Stony Plain Records
Gary Cain/Next Stop/Billionaires In Space/Indie
Gary Cain/Next Stop/Kitchen Sink/Indie
Markey Blue Ric Latina Project/Jumpin' The Broom/Bad For Real/SoulOSound
Records
AD TRACK 34 KAROL G On Sale Now
ID - Sunday Wilde
Markey Blue Ric Latina Project/Jumpin' The Broom/Lowdown Voodoo
Woman/SoulOSound Records

COMMEMORATING BIRTHS, DEATHS, & OTHER NOTABLE EVENTS
Big Bill Broonzy/The Blues, In The Beginning/Key To The Highway/Legacy
Entertainment
Blind Willie McTell/Atlantic Blues: Guitar/Broke Down Engine/Atlantic
Records
Blue Lu Barker/Don't You Feel My Leg/That Made Him Mad/Delmark Records
Big Maybelle/Blues Masters Vol. 13: New York City Blues/I'm Getting
'Long Alright/Rhino Records
FD 33 - Stretch - Never Too Late
ID - John Weeks Band
Muddy Waters/The Chess Box/Baby Please Don't Go/Chess Records
Little Walter/The No.1 Blues Collection/Boom Boom Out Go the
Lights/Stardust Entertainment
Carey Bell/Deep Down/Easy/Alligator Records
Homesick James/Chicago Blues Of The 1960's/Crossroads/Paula Records
PSA 26 Anti Racism Strategy
AD TRACK One Stop Caribbean cuisine
ID - Blind Lemon Pledge
James Brown/Messing With the Blues/Like It Is, Like It Was (The
Blues)/Universal Records
ID - Lil' Ed & The Blues Imperials_Stay Right Here
The Paul Butterfield Blues Band/The Resurrection of Pigboy
Crabshaw/Tollin' Bells/Elektra-Asylum Records
Chris Antonik/Monarch/The Monarch and the Wrecking Ball/Indie

APPEARING LIVE SATURDAY, MAY 7 at L'AQUARIUM CAFÉ BAR 2923 Masson
Montréal, Qc
Ben Racine Band/Live À Montréal/Grand New Brew/Indie
https://www.facebook.com/events/636761110752554/
-----------------------------
HAVE YOU DONATED YET PLEASE BE GENEROUS! PLEASE SUPPORT BLUES RADIO AND
TRUE DIVERSITY IN PROGRAMMING! http://funding.ckut.ca/ "Men, Let your
wallets flop out! And, Women, open your purses!" Go to
http://ckut.ca/donate and when you see "CHOOSE A SHOW TO DONATE TO"
please scroll down to "Cha Cha Cha In Blue"! And check out our merch!
CKUT HOODIES $40!!! TURNTABLE SLIPMATS $15!!!  COOL TEES $20!!!
https://www.ckut.ca/en/content/store Contact me at
mailto:ckutblue@colba.net <mailto:ckutblue@colba.net>

--
John Detcheverry