[Blues-l] PLAYLIST: Cha Cha Cha In Blue, CKUT FM 90, 3 Montreal 20220327

John Detcheverry ckutblue@colba.net
Sun Mar 27 19:31:16 EDT 2022

Tonight on Cha Cha Cha In Blue we're still in lockdown and this is my
99th show recorded at home! It's the last show of the 2022 FUNDING DRIVE
and the theme this year is "CKUT 'Til Infinity". The opening set is new
singles from Kirk Nelson & Jambalaya West, Brad "Guitar"  Wilson, Delta
Generators, and the Boogie Beasts.  Then a couple of money themed new
tunes from Ethan Askey and Fonky Donkey. This week's new releases are
from Albert Castiglia and Hurricane Ruth. In the "history" part of the
show I've got Bumble Bee Slim, Alberta Hunter, Ma Rainey, Sammy Lewis,
Jerry McCain, Little Willie John, Sonny Boy Williamson, Little Junior
Parker, Lowell Fulson, Sue Foley, Pat Loiselle, and Popa Chubby. We'll
close with a tune from Matt Rock Band in advance of their weekend shows
at BISTRO À JOJO. Tune in to CKUT FM90,3 (Montreal) or
http://www.ckut.ca (everywhere else) from 9-11 PM. OUR FUNDING DRIVE
ENDS TONIGHT! PLEASE BE GENEROUS! PLEASE SUPPORT BLUES RADIO AND TRUE
DIVERSITY IN PROGRAMMING!  CHECK OUT OUR MERCH! CKUT HOODIES $40!!!
TURNTABLE SLIPMATS $15!!!  COOL TEES $20!!!
https://www.ckut.ca/en/content/store

running blues radio show
CKUT FM 90,3 Get the 20220327 show from the archives at http://www.ckut.ca

Artist/Album/Song/Label or Distributor
*INTRO*
ID - Harry Manx

*NEW BLUES SINGLES!*
Kirk Nelson & Jambalaya West/I Don't Drink No More - single/ I Don't
Drink No More/Indie
Brad "Guitar"  Wilson/I'm Feeling Blue/Rock Me Baby/Cali Bee Music
Delta Generators/The Lost Year Part 1/Inside Your Blue/Indie
Boogie Beasts/Blues From Jupiter/Grinnin' In Your Face/Naked
AD TRACK 44 FR Promo - Carnal Female Funk
ID - Brad Wilson
Brad "Guitar"  Wilson/I'm Feeling Blue/Someday After a While/Cali Bee Music
Kirk Nelson & Jambalaya West/Real Sharp Cookie - single/Real Sharp
Cookie/Indie

*HAVE YOU DONATED AT* www.ckut.ca <http://www.ckut.ca> ? *WE NEED YOUR
DONATIONS!*
Ethan Askey/Walk When You Wanna Run/Til the Money Runs Out/ Indie
Fonky Donkey/Donkeyland/Too Broke To Pay My Dues/Indie

*FEATURED NEW RELEASES*
Albert Castiglia/I Got Love/I Got Love/Gulf Coast Records
FD 2022 Ad - Tia and Spence
ID - Layla Zoe
Albert Castiglia/I Got Love/Take My Name/Gulf Coast Records
Hurricane Ruth/Hurricane Ruth Live At 3rd & Lindsley/Roll Little
Sister/Hurricane Ruth Records
Hurricane Ruth/Hurricane Ruth Live At 3rd & Lindsley/Faith In
Me/Hurricane Ruth Records
*
**COMMEMORATING BIRTHS, DEATHS, & OTHER NOTABLE EVENTS*
Bumble Bee Slim/Bumble Bee Slim Vol. 6 1936/New Policy Dream
Blues/Document Records
Alberta Hunter & Alex Hill/The Ultimate Dirty Blues Collection/Send Me a
Man/Grammercy Europe
Ma Rainey/Blues Masters Vol. 11: Classic Blues Women/Daddy Goodbye
Blues/Rhino Records
FD - time to give (no date)
ID - Blind Lemon Pledge
Sammy Lewis & The Willie Johnson Combo/The Sun Records Anthology/I Feel
So Worried/Not Now Music
Jerry McCain/Rockin' Harmonica Blues Men/I'm a Ding Dong Daddy/Wolf Records
Little Willie John/28 Big Ones/Fever/King Records
Sonny Boy Williamson/Vol.1 Don't Start Me To Talkin'/Your Funeral And My
Trial/Roots
Little Junior's Blue Flames/The Sun Records Anthology/Feelin' Good/Not
Now Music
Lowell Fulson/One More Blues/Thanks A Lot For The Offer/Black & Blue Records
FD Movie Trailer
ID - Sue Foley
Sue Foley/Pinky's Blues/Hurricane Girl/Stony Plain Records
Pat Loiselle/Sonny Boy Gumbo’s Blues/Tough Times/Indie
Popa Chubby/Emotional Gangster/I'm The Dog/Dixie Frog Music

*APPEARING LIVE* FRI & SAT APR 1 & 2 AT BISTRO À JOJO 1627 St-Denis,
Montreal, Qc
Matt Rock Band/Le Rock&Roll M'a Choisit - single/Le Rock&Roll M'a
Choisit/Indie
https://www.bistroajojo.com/calendrier
-----------------------------
OUR FUNDING DRIVE ENDS TONIGHT! PLEASE BE GENEROUS! PLEASE SUPPORT BLUES
RADIO AND TRUE DIVERSITY IN PROGRAMMING! http://funding.ckut.ca/ "Men,
Let your wallets flop out! And, Women, open your purses!" Go to
http://ckut.ca/donate and when you see "CHOOSE A SHOW TO DONATE TO"
please scroll down to "Cha Cha Cha In Blue"! And check out our merch!
CKUT HOODIES $40!!! TURNTABLE SLIPMATS $15!!!  COOL TEES $20!!!
https://www.ckut.ca/en/content/store Contact me at
mailto:ckutblue@colba.net <mailto:ckutblue@colba.net>

-- John Detcheverry mailto:ckutblue@colba.net
<mailto:ckutblue@colba.net> Cha Cha Cha In Blue, CKUT FM 90,3 Montreal