[Blues-l] PLAYLIST: Cha Cha Cha In Blue, CKUT FM 90, 3 Montreal 20220320

John Detcheverry ckutblue@colba.net
Sun Mar 20 19:04:49 EDT 2022

Tonight on Cha Cha Cha In Blue we're still in lockdown and this is my
98th show recorded at home! It's my first show of the 2022 FUNDING DRIVE
and the theme this year is "CKUT 'Til Infinity". The opening set is
appropriately themed money songs from Buddy Guy, Victor Wainwright,
Gatemouth Brown & Roy Clark, Babs Gonzales, John Lee Hooker, Buddy Guy,
and Mitch Woods. This week's new releases are from Angel Forrest, D.
Columbus, and Popa Chubby. In the "history" part of the show I've got
T-Bone Walker, Sister Rosetta Tharpe, Rufus Thomas, Albert King, Bharath
and His Rhythm Four, Jimmie Vaughan, and Marcia Ball. We'll close with a
tune from Fuel Junkie in advance of their Thursday show at Upstairs.
Tune in to CKUT FM90,3 (Montreal) or http://www.ckut.ca (everywhere
else) from 9-11 PM. OUR FUNDING DRIVE CONTINUES UNTIL MARCH 27! PLEASE
BE GENEROUS! PLEASE SUPPORT BLUES RADIO AND TRUE DIVERSITY IN
PROGRAMMING!  CHECK OUT OUR MERCH! CKUT HOODIES $40!!! TURNTABLE
SLIPMATS $15!!!  COOL TEES $20!!! https://www.ckut.ca/en/content/store

running blues radio show
CKUT FM 90,3 Get the 20220320 show from the archives at http://www.ckut.ca

Artist/Album/Song/Label or Distributor
*INTRO*
ID - Harry Manx

*PLEASE GIVE GENEROUSLY! GO TO http://ckut.ca/donate*
Buddy Guy/The Complete Vanguard Recordings/Money (That's What I
Want)/Vanguard Records
Victor Wainwright & The Train/Victor Wainwright & The Train/Money/Ruf
Records
Gatemouth Brown & Roy Clark/Makin' Music/Busted/MCA Records
Babs Gonzales/Shuckin' And Jivin'/House Rent Party/Charly R&B
John Lee Hooker/The No.1 Blues Collection/House Rent Boogie/Stardust
Entertainment
Buddy Guy/Damn Right I Got The Blues/Too Broke To Spend The
Night/Silvertone Records
FD 2022 Ad - Moskos
ID - Mitch Woods
Mitch Woods & His Rocket 88's/Blind Pig Sampler - Prime
Chops/Broke/Blind Pig Records
*
**FEATURED NEW RELEASES*
Angel Forrest/Angel's 11 vol. II/Glitter & Glow (feat. Dawn Tyler
Watson)/Ad Litteram
AD TRACK 07 Salon Acoustique La Chapelle
ID - Angel Forrest
Angel Forrest/Angel's 11 vol. II/Please, Please, Please (feat. Jonas
Tomalty)/Ad Litteram
D. Columbus/Eleven Dollar Bill/Eleven Dollar Bill/Ad Litteram
PSA FD 2022 Ad - Tia and Spence
D. Columbus/Eleven Dollar Bill/To Love Somebody/Ad Litteram
Popa Chubby/Emotional Gangster/Why You Wanna Make War (French
Version)/Dixiefrog Records
PSA FD -  donnez donnez
ID - Popa Chubby
Popa Chubby/Emotional Gangster/Fly Away/Dixiefrog Records
*
**COMMEMORATING BIRTHS, DEATHS, & OTHER NOTABLE EVENTS*
T-Bone Walker/The Imperial Blues Years/Railroad Station Blues/Not Now Music
Sister Rosetta Tharpe/Up Above My Head - Very Best Of/Strange Things
Happening Every Day/Not Now Music
Rufus Thomas/The Sun Records Anthology/Save That Money/Not Now Music
Albert King/King Of The Blues Guitar/Overall Junction/Atlantic Records
PSA 31 Vaccination Protects eng
ID - Tab Benoit
Bharath and his rhythm four/Tsunami/Tsunami/Regal Radio Records
Jimmie Vaughan/Out There/Astral Projection Blues/Sony Music
Marcia Ball/Alligator Records: 50 Years Of Genuine Houserockin'
Music/Party Town/Alligator Records
*
**APPEARING LIVE* THURSDAY, MARCH 24 AT UPSTAIRS’ 1254 MacKay Montreal
Qc 514.931.6808 http://upstairsjazz.com/
Fuel Junkie/All Out/High Stress, Low Money/Indie
https://www.facebook.com/events/288665993340561/
-----------------------------
OUR FUNDING DRIVE RUNS MARCH 17 - MARCH 27! PLEASE BE GENEROUS! PLEASE
SUPPORT BLUES RADIO AND TRUE DIVERSITY IN PROGRAMMING!
http://funding.ckut.ca/ "Men, Let your wallets flop out! And, Women,
open your purses!" Go to http://ckut.ca/donate and when you see "CHOOSE
A SHOW TO DONATE TO" please scroll down to "Cha Cha Cha In Blue"! And
check out our merch! CKUT HOODIES $40!!! TURNTABLE SLIPMATS $15!!!  COOL
TEES $20!!! https://www.ckut.ca/en/content/store Contact me at
mailto:ckutblue@colba.net <mailto:ckutblue@colba.net>

-- John Detcheverry mailto:ckutblue@colba.net
<mailto:ckutblue@colba.net> Cha Cha Cha In Blue, CKUT FM 90,3 Montreal