[Blues-l] PLAYLIST: Cha Cha Cha In Blue, CKUT FM 90, 3 Montreal 20220313

John Detcheverry ckutblue@colba.net
Sun Mar 13 19:19:12 EDT 2022

Tonight on Cha Cha Cha In Blue we're still in lockdown and this is my
97th show recorded at home! Let's start with a couple of new singles
from the Starlite Campbell Band, and The Black Keys and a second listen
to a few new cd's from Bernard Allison, Mike Nagoda, and Waterstreet
Blues Band. This week's new releases are from Gunn Blues Band, The Weber
Brothers, and Duke Robillard. In the "history" part of the show I've got
Peetie Wheatstraw, Josh White, Tampa Red, Louis Jordan, Sunnyland Slim,
Lightnin' Slim, Nat "King" Cole, T-Bone Walker, Hollywood Fats, Terence
Trent D'Arby, and Alain Bashung. We'll close with a tune from Shane
Murphy in advance of his Saturday show at Brutopia. Tune in to CKUT
FM90,3 (Montreal) or http://www.ckut.ca (everywhere else) from 9-11 PM.
WE WILL BE HOLDING OUR FUNDING DRIVE MARCH 17 - MARCH 27! PLEASE BE
GENEROUS! PLEASE SUPPORT BLUES RADIO AND TRUE DIVERSITY IN PROGRAMMING!
Go to http://ckut.ca/donate and when you see "CHOOSE A SHOW TO DONATE
TO" please scroll down to "Cha Cha Cha In Blue"! CHECK OUT OUR MERCH!
CKUT HOODIES $40!!! TURNTABLE SLIPMATS $15!!!  COOL TEES $20!!!
https://www.ckut.ca/en/content/store

running blues radio show
CKUT FM 90,3 Get the 20220313 show from the archives at http://www.ckut.ca

Artist/Album/Song/Label or Distributor
*INTRO*
ID - Harry Manx

*NEW & NEARLY NEW BLUES*
Bernard Allison/Highs & Lows/My Way Or The Highway (feat. Colin
James)/Ruf Records
Mike Nagoda/Outside The Box/Conquistador/Indie
Waterstreet Blues Band/Talkin About/Temptation/Indie
Starlite Campbell Band/The Language of Curiosity/The Language of
Curiosity/Supertone Records
The Black Keys/Dropout Boogie/Wild Child/Nonesuch Records

*FEATURED NEW RELEASES*
Gunn/Hand In The Fire/I Just Wanna Know/WOA Records
AD TRACK FD Movie Trailer
ID - Guy King
Gunn/Hand In The Fire/Wrong With My Heart/WOA Records
The Weber Brothers/Acüsta/60 Years of Rock and Roll/Indie
The Weber Brothers/Acüsta/Worn Out Records/Indie
Duke Robillard with Sue Foley and Mike Flanigin/They Called It Rhythm
and Blues/No Good Lover/Stony Plain Records
PSA 29 COVID Rapid Test Feb March
ID - Duke Robillard
Duke Robillard/They Called It Rhythm and Blues/Someday After
Awhile/Stony Plain Records

*COMMEMORATING BIRTHS, DEATHS, & OTHER NOTABLE EVENTS*
Peetie Wheatstraw/Roots 'N' Blues: The Retrospective 1925-1950/Police
Station Blues/Columbia Records
Josh White/Roots 'N' Blues: The Retrospective 1925-1950/Sissy
Man/Columbia Records
Tampa Red/Complete Recorded Works Vol. 7/Keep On Dealin' (Play Your
Hand)/Document Records
Louis Jordan & His Tympany Five/G. I. Jive/G. I. Jive/Charly Records
Sunnyland Slim/Chess Blues 1947-1952/Johnson Machine Gun/Chess Records
Lightnin' Slim/Sound Of The Swamp: The Best Of Excello Records, Vol
1/Bad Luck Blues/Rhino Records
AD TRACK 05 Who_se Vibe is It Anyway – March
ID - Reverend Freakchild
Nat "King" Cole/Straighten Up And Fly Right/Route 66/Intersound Inc.
T-Bone Walker/The Imperial Blues Years/Too Lazy/Not Now Music
Hollywood Fats Band/Blues by the Pound, Vol. 1 (Live)/Okie Dokie Stomp
(Live)/Topcat Records LLC
PSA 35 Kids Vaccination english march 7 - 31
ID - Victor Wainwright
Terence Trent D'Arby/Introducing the Hardline According to Terence Trent
D'Arby/Who's Lovin' You/Columbia Records
Alain Bashung/Osez Joséphine/Osez Joséphine/Polygram

*APPEARING LIVE* SATURDAY, MARCH 19 AT BRUTOPIA https://www.brutopia.net/
Shane Murphy/Lafayette Blues - single/Lafayette Blues/Indie
-----------------------------
  WE WILL BE HOLDING OUR FUNDING DRIVE MARCH 17 - MARCH 27! PLEASE BE
GENEROUS! PLEASE SUPPORT BLUES RADIO AND TRUE DIVERSITY IN PROGRAMMING!
http://funding.ckut.ca/ "Men, Let your wallets flop out! And, Women,
open your purses!" Go to http://ckut.ca/donate and when you see "CHOOSE
A SHOW TO DONATE TO" please scroll down to "Cha Cha Cha In Blue"! And
check out our merch! CKUT HOODIES $40!!! TURNTABLE SLIPMATS $15!!!  COOL
TEES $20!!! https://www.ckut.ca/en/content/store Contact me at
mailto:ckutblue@colba.net <mailto:ckutblue@colba.net>

--
John Detcheverry