[Blues-l] PLAYLIST: Cha Cha Cha In Blue, CKUT FM 90, 3 Montreal 20220306

John Detcheverry ckutblue@colba.net
Sun Mar 6 18:58:30 EST 2022

Tonight on Cha Cha Cha In Blue we're still in lockdown and this is my
96th show recorded at home! Let's start by congratulating this year's
JUNO AWARD nominees Colin James, Colin Linden, Miss Emily, Sue Foley,
and Steve Marriner. This week's new releases are from The Harpoonist &
The Axe Murderer, Bob Stroger & The Headcutters, and Sugaray Rayford. In
the "history" part of the show I've got Lucille Bogan, Tommy Douglas,
T-Bone Walker, LaVern Baker, Tampa Red, Arbee Stidham, Lowell Fulson,
King Biscuit Boy, Little Charlie Baty, Miche Love, and Selwyn Birchwood.
We'll close with a tune from Angel Forrest in advance of her three shows
this week. Tune in to CKUT FM90,3 (Montreal) or http://www.ckut.ca
(everywhere else) from 9-11 PM. OUR FUNDRAISER HAS ENDED BUT DON'T LET
THAT STOP YOUR GENEROSITY! CHECK OUT OUR MERCH! CKUT HOODIES $40!!!
TURNTABLE SLIPMATS $15!!!  COOL TEES $20!!!
https://www.ckut.ca/en/content/store

running blues radio show
CKUT FM 90,3 Get the 20220306 show from the archives at http://www.ckut.ca

Artist/Album/Song/Label or Distributor
*INTRO*
ID - Harry Manx

*CONGRATULATIONS TO THE 2022 JUNO AWARD NOMINEES*
Colin James/Open Road/Open Road/Stony Plain Records
Colin Linden/bLOW/bLOW/Highway 20 Records
Miss Emily/Miss Emily Live At The Isabel/Blue Is Still Blue/Indie
Sue Foley/Pinky's Blues/Okie Dokie Stomp/Stony Plain Records
Steve Marriner/Hope Dies Last/Honey Bee/Stony Plain Records

*FEATURED NEW RELEASES*
The Harpoonist & The Axe Murderer/Live At The King Eddy/Do Whatcha/Indie
PSA 05 Who's Vibe is It Anyway - March Mtl Sessions
ID - Giles Robson
The Harpoonist & The Axe Murderer/Live At The King Eddy/Love Me 'fore Ya
Leave Me/Indie
Bob Stroger & The Headcutters/That's My Name/What Goes On In the
Dark/Delmark Records
Bob Stroger & The Headcutters/That's My Name/Outskirts of Town/Delmark
Records
Sugaray Rayford/In Too Deep/Invisible Soldier/Forty Below Records
PSA 31 Vaccination Protects eng
ID - Victor Wainwright
Sugaray Rayford/In Too Deep/Golden Lady of the Canyon/Forty Below Records

*COMMEMORATING BIRTHS, DEATHS, & OTHER NOTABLE EVENTS*
Lucille Bogan/Roots 'N' Blues: The Retrospective 1925-1950/Skin Game
Blues/Columbia Records
Tommy Douglas/Kansas City Blues 1944-49/Leaving Town Blues/Capitol Records
T-Bone Walker/The Imperial Blues Years/Love Is Just a Gamble/Not Now Music
LaVern Baker/Atlantic Blues: Vocalists/Gimme A Pigfoot/Atlantic Records
AD TRACK 50 caribbean food factory General Ad
ID - Anthony Gomes
Tampa Red/Saga Blues: Chicago Slide Guitar Masters/Love Her With a
Feeling/Saga Sarl
Arbee Stidham/Chess Blues 1947-1952/Mr. Commissioner/Chess Records
AD TRACK 06 Sigur Ros  On Sale NOW
ID - Jeff Dale
Lowell Fulson with Jeff Dale & The Blue Wave Band/Lowell Fulson
Live!/You're Gonna Miss Me/Indie
King Biscuit Boy/Badly Bent - The Best Of King Biscuit Boy/You Done Tore
Your Play House Down/Daffodil Records
Little Charlie & Organ Grinder Swing/Skronky Tonk/Skronky Tonk/EllerSoul
Records
Miche Love/Miche Love/Bad Day/Indie
Selwyn Birchwood/Living In A Burning House/I Got Drunk, Laid And
Stoned/Alligator Records

*APPEARING LIVE* MONDAY, MARCH 7, FRIDAY MARCH 11, AND SATURDAY MARCH 12
Angel Forrest/Hell Bent With Grace/Ain't No Doubt/Indie
https://www.facebook.com/events/365123082286779/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/206487609520108/user/100001643315003/
https://theatrelacbrome.ca/event/hell-bent-with-grace/
-----------------------------
OUR FUNDRAISER HAS ENDED BUT DON'T LET THAT STOP YOUR GENEROSITY! PLEASE
SUPPORT BLUES RADIO AND TRUE DIVERSITY IN PROGRAMMING!
http://funding.ckut.ca/ "Men, Let your wallets flop out! And, Women,
open your purses!" Go to http://ckut.ca/donate and when you see "CHOOSE
A SHOW TO DONATE TO" please scroll down to "Cha Cha Cha In Blue"! And
check out our merch! CKUT HOODIES $40!!! TURNTABLE SLIPMATS $15!!!  COOL
TEES $20!!! https://www.ckut.ca/en/content/store Contact me at
mailto:ckutblue@colba.net <mailto:ckutblue@colba.net>

--
John Detcheverry