[Blues-l] PLAYLIST: Cha Cha Cha In Blue, CKUT FM 90, 3 Montreal 20220626

John Detcheverry ckutblue@colba.net
Sun Jun 26 19:25:57 EDT 2022

Tonight on Cha Cha Cha In Blue we're still in lockdown and this is my
112th show recorded at home! Let's start with part 1 of a jazz fest
preview with Angelique Francis, They Call Me Rico, Justin Saladino Band,
Annika Chambers, The TWO, Mike Munson, Ben Racine Band, and Cécile
Doo-Kingué. Annika Chambers & Paul Deslauriers have joined forces both
personally & musically but I don't have a recording of them together
yet. The Mike Munson song features Jimmy "Duck" Holmes (who is on the
bill the same evening) on vocals and Libby Rae Watson on SAW!!! Then
we've got new singles from Jay Douglas and PG Naylor and the featured
new release this week is Supersonic Blues Machine. In the "history" part
of the show I've got Elizabeth Johnson, Little Buddy Doyle, Peter
Cleighton, Willie Dixon, Georgie Fame (with Boz Scaggs & Robben Ford),
Albert King, and Lowell George. We'll close with Endrick & The
Sandwiches who will release the vinyl edition of "Sunny Soul" on
Saturday afternoon at le180g Coffee shop. Tune in to CKUT 90,3 FM
(Montreal) or http://www.ckut.ca (everywhere else) from 9-11 PM. The
2022 FUNDING DRIVE is over but IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO DONATE! GO TO
http://ckut.ca/donate PLEASE SUPPORT BLUES RADIO AND TRUE DIVERSITY IN
PROGRAMMING! CHECK OUT OUR MERCH! CKUT HOODIES $40!!! TURNTABLE SLIPMATS
$15!!!  COOL TEES $20!!! https://www.ckut.ca/en/content/store

running blues radio show
CKUT FM 90,3 Get the 20220626 show from the archives at http://www.ckut.ca

Artist/Album/Song/Label or Distributor
*INTRO*
ID - Harry Manx
*
**FESTIVAL! FESTIVAL!* https://www.montrealjazzfest.com/
Angelique Francis/Long River/Out Your Mind/Indie
They Call Me Rico/Sweet Exile/Needle In A Haystack/Voxtone Records
Justin Saladino Band/JSB Live/Bad Habit/Indie
Annika Chambers/Kiss My Sass/Stay/VizzTone Label Group
The TWO/Crossed Souls/Raw Man/Indie
Mike Munson/Rose Hill/Broke & Hungry feat. Jimmy "Duck" Holmes & Libby
Rae Watson/Blue Front Records
AD TRACK 14 Dear Jackie  CKUT Radio Spot
ID - Dawn Tyler Watson
Ben Racine Band/A Grand New Brew/Let It All Hang out (Featuring Dawn
Tyler Watson)/Indie
Cécile Doo-Kingué/Anybody Listening: Dialogues, Pt. 2/Pure
Entertainment/cdk musik

*NEW & BLUE*
Jay Douglas/Confessions/I'm in Love With You/Megacity Music
AD TRACK 05 uptown reggae night
ID - Guy King
PG Naylor/Better Left Unsaid - single/Better Left Unsaid/Foghorn Records
Supersonic Blues Machine/Voodoo Nation/8 Ball Lucy Feat. Sonny
Landreth/Mascot Label Group-Provogue
Supersonic Blues Machine/Voodoo Nation/Devil At The Doorstep Feat. Eric
Gales/Mascot Label Group-Provogue
*
**COMMEMORATING BIRTHS, DEATHS, & OTHER NOTABLE EVENTS*
Elizabeth Johnson/Roots N' Blues: The Retrospective/Empty Bed Blues Part
I/Columbia Records
Little Buddy Doyle/Roots N' Blues: The Retrospective/Slick Capers
Blues/Columbia Records
Peter Cleighton/Roots N' Blues: The Retrospective/Black Snake
Blues/Columbia Records
PSA 23 TREE CANADA PSA Luke voice
ID – Reverend Freakchild
Willie Dixon/The Original Wang Dang Doodle/Weak Brain, Narrow Mind/Chess
Records
Georgie Fame/Cool Cat Blues/It Should Have Been Me/Bonsai Music
Albert King/The Ultimate Collection/Blues Power [Live]/Rhino Records
Lowell George/Thanks I'll Eat It Here/Easy Money/Warner

*APPEARING LIVE* SATURDAY, JULY 2 AT 1:30 PM @ le180g · Coffee shop 5866
ave. de Lorimier Montreal, QC
Endrick & The Sandwiches/Sunny Soul/Doing Well (Sunny Soul)/Indie
https://www.facebook.com/events/565427568342645/
-----------------------------
HAVE YOU DONATED YET PLEASE BE GENEROUS! PLEASE SUPPORT BLUES RADIO AND
TRUE DIVERSITY IN PROGRAMMING! http://funding.ckut.ca/ "Men, Let your
wallets flop out! And, Women, open your purses!" Go to
http://ckut.ca/donate and when you see "CHOOSE A SHOW TO DONATE TO"
please scroll down to "Cha Cha Cha In Blue"! And check out our merch!
CKUT HOODIES $40!!! TURNTABLE SLIPMATS $15!!!  COOL TEES $20!!!
https://www.ckut.ca/en/content/store Contact me at
mailto:ckutblue@colba.net <mailto:ckutblue@colba.net>

-- John Detcheverry mailto:ckutblue@colba.net
<mailto:ckutblue@colba.net> Cha Cha Cha In Blue, CKUT FM 90,3 Montreal