[Blues-l] PLAYLIST: Cha Cha Cha In Blue, CKUT FM 90, 3 Montreal 20220619

John Detcheverry ckutblue@colba.net
Sun Jun 19 19:11:47 EDT 2022

Tonight on Cha Cha Cha In Blue we're still in lockdown and this is my
111th show recorded at home! The 2022 FUNDING DRIVE is over but *IT'S
NEVER TOO LATE TO DONATE!*  GO TO http://ckut.ca/donate A veritable
confluence of events informs tonight's show with Father's Day,
Juneteenth, and Blues Summit 10 all converging on this day. First up we
salute Father's Day with songs from Lonnie Brooks with Ronnie Baker
Brooks, Shemekia Copeland, Big Bill Morganfield, Alec Fraser Jr., Kerry
Kearney, Sterling Blues Band, and The Harpoonist & The Axe Murderer. Our
Juneteenth set celebrates past heroes while reminding us that we still
have a long way to go and features songs by Chicago Beau, Eric Bibb,
Dave Specter with Billy Branch, and Annika Chambers & Derrick Procell.
Blues Summit 10 took place this weekend and the grand finale is the
Maple Blues Awards Monday night. Here are the nominees for recording of
the year: Colin Linden, Jack De Keyzer, Samantha Martin & Delta Sugar,
Sue Foley, and Steve Marriner. In the "history" part of the show I've
got Robert Johnson, Bessie Smith, Frankie 'Half-Pint' Jaxon, Pee Wee
Crayton, Jerry “Boogie” McCain, Howlin' Wolf, Lazy Lester, Muddy Waters,
and Albert King.  We'll close with the Ria Reece Band who moved to the
Maritimes but return for a duo show Saturday at L'Aquarium Café Bar.
Tune in to CKUT 90,3 FM (Montreal) or http://www.ckut.ca (everywhere
else) from 9-11 PM. PLEASE DONATE GENEROUSLY! PLEASE SUPPORT BLUES RADIO
AND TRUE DIVERSITY IN PROGRAMMING!  CHECK OUT OUR MERCH! CKUT HOODIES
$40!!! TURNTABLE SLIPMATS $15!!! COOL TEES $20!!!
https://www.ckut.ca/en/content/store

running blues radio show
CKUT FM 90,3 Get the 20220619 show from the archives at http://www.ckut.ca

Artist/Album/Song/Label or Distributor
*INTRO*
ID - Harry Manx

*HAPPY FATHER'S DAY, YOU MF's*. Oh Relax. It's how you got to be a father.
Lonnie Brooks (with Ronnie Baker Brooks)/Satisfaction Guaranteed/Like
Father, Like Son/Alligator Records
PSA - Shemekia Copeland/Gator Bites/Father's Day/Alligator Records
Shemekia Copeland/Deluxe Edition/Beat Up Guitar/Alligator Records
Big Bill Morganfield/Blues With A Mood/Son Of The Blues/Black Shuck Records
PSA 26 ARMY FETE June 24
ID - Tab Benoit
PSA - Lonnie Brooks/Gator Bites/Father's Day/Alligator Records
Alec Fraser Jr./On The Wings Of The Wind/My Fathers Ashes/Indie
Kerry Kearney/Tales From The Psychedelta/Fatherless Boy/Highlander Records
Sterling Blues Band/Sterling Blues Band/My Daddy Sang The Blues/Moondog
Records
The Harpoonist & The Axe Murderer/Live At The King Eddy/Father's Son/Indie

*CELEBRATING JUNETEENTH*
Chicago Beau/My Ancestors/Be Careful How You Vote/GBW DIY Records
Eric Bibb/Blues People/Remember The Ones feat. Linda Tillery/Stony Plain
Records
Dave Specter with Billy Branch & Brother John Kattke/Six String Soul: 30
Years On Delmark/Ballad of George Floyd/Delmark Records
Annika Chambers & Derrick Procell/Black Man's Justice - Single/Black
Man's Justice/Catfood Records

*AND THE MAPLE BLUES AWARD NOMINEES ARE ...*
Colin Linden/bLOW/bLOW/Highway 20 Records
Jack De Keyzer/Tribute/If My Baby Left Me/Blue Star Records
Samantha Martin & Delta Sugar/The Reckless One/I've Got A Feeling/Gypsy
Soul Records
Music and Antifascism, CKUT co presentation
ID - Sue Foley
Sue Foley/Pinky's Blues/Pinky's Blues/Stony Plain Records
Steve Marriner/Hope Dies Last/Coal Mine/Stony Plain Records

*COMMEMORATING BIRTHS, DEATHS, & OTHER NOTABLE EVENTS*
Robert Johnson/The Complete Recordings/From Four Until Late/Columbia Records
Bessie Smith/The Complete Recordings, Volume 1/Nobody In Town Can Bake A
Sweet Jelly Roll Like Mine/Columbia Records
Frankie 'Half-Pint' Jaxon/    Frankie 'Half-Pint' Jaxon Vol. 2
1929-1937/The Mortgage Blues - Parts 1 & 2/Document Records
AD TRACK 50 caribbean food factory General Ad
ID - Mississippi Heat
Pee Wee Crayton/Pee Wee's Blues: The Complete Aladdin And Imperial
Recordings/Blues Before Dawn/Capitol Records
Jerry “Boogie” McCain/Rockin' Harmonica Blues Men/I'm a Ding Dong
Daddy/Wolf Records
Howlin' Wolf/The Chess Box/Who's Been Talking?/Chess Records
Lazy Lester/Louisiana Swamp Blues/I'm A Lover Not A Fighter/Flyright Records
Muddy Waters/The Chess Box/Making Friends/Chess Records
Albert King/The Ultimate Collection/Breaking Up Somebody's Home/Rhino
Records

APPEARING LIVE SATURDAY JUNE 25 @ L'AQUARIUM CAFÉ BAR 2923 Masson
Montréal, Qc
Ria Reece Band/Searching - Single/Searching/Disco Fairy Records
https://www.facebook.com/events/735563997471930/
-----------------------------
HAVE YOU DONATED YET PLEASE BE GENEROUS! PLEASE SUPPORT BLUES RADIO AND
TRUE DIVERSITY IN PROGRAMMING! http://funding.ckut.ca/ "Men, Let your
wallets flop out! And, Women, open your purses!" Go to
http://ckut.ca/donate and when you see "CHOOSE A SHOW TO DONATE TO"
please scroll down to "Cha Cha Cha In Blue"! And check out our merch!
CKUT HOODIES $40!!! TURNTABLE SLIPMATS $15!!!  COOL TEES $20!!!
https://www.ckut.ca/en/content/store Contact me at
mailto:ckutblue@colba.net <mailto:ckutblue@colba.net>

--
John Detcheverry