[Blues-l] PLAYLIST: Cha Cha Cha In Blue, CKUT FM 90, 3 Montreal 20220612

John Detcheverry ckutblue@colba.net
Sun Jun 12 18:50:52 EDT 2022

Tonight on Cha Cha Cha In Blue we're still in lockdown and this is my
110th show recorded at home! The 2022 FUNDING DRIVE is over but IT'S
NEVER TOO LATE TO DONATE!  GO TO http://ckut.ca/donate Let's get started
with a few singles from upcoming new albums from Janiva Magness, Steve
Strongman, Harrison Kennedy, and Eric Johnson. This week's featured new
releases are from Lyle Odjick And The Northern Steam, Eva Carboni, Kenny
Neal, and The Groove Krewe. In the "history" part of the show I've got
The Nite-Owls, Bessie Smith, Eddie Lang & Lonnie Johnson, Lillie Mae
Kirkman, Grace Brim, Lafayette "Thing" Thomas, Jeannie & Jimmy Cheatham,
Wes Montgomery, John Campbell, and Barrence Whitfield. We'll close with
a tune from Paolo Stante in advance of his appearance Friday at
Brutopia. Tune in to CKUT 90,3 FM (Montreal) or http://www.ckut.ca
(everywhere else) from 9-11 PM. PLEASE DONATE GENEROUSLY! PLEASE SUPPORT
BLUES RADIO AND TRUE DIVERSITY IN PROGRAMMING!  CHECK OUT OUR MERCH!
CKUT HOODIES $40!!! TURNTABLE SLIPMATS $15!!!  COOL TEES $20!!!
https://www.ckut.ca/en/content/store

running blues radio show
CKUT FM 90,3 Get the 20220612 show from the archives at http://www.ckut.ca
<http://www.ckut.ca>
Artist/Album/Song/Label or Distributor
*INTRO*
ID - Harry Manx

*NEW BLUES SINGLES FROM UPCOMING RELEASES*
Janiva Magness/Hard to Kill/Strong as Steel/Fathead Records
Steve Strongman/The Strongman Blues Remedy Vol. 1/I Like To Ride feat.
Harrison Kennedy/Stony Plain Records
Harrison Kennedy/Thanks For Tomorrow/All I Need feat. Ruthie
Foster/Electro-Fi Records
Eric Johnson/Yesterday Meets Today/Move On Over/Blue Élan Records

*FEATURED NEW RELEASES*
Lyle Odjick And The Northern Steam/Through The Rain/Leaving Trunk/Tone
King Records
AD TRACK 13 FAYBEE St Jean  BBQ Fri June 24
ID - Reverend Peyton
Lyle Odjick And The Northern Steam/Through The Rain/I Wanna Hold
You/Tone King Records
Eva Carboni/Smoke and Mirrors/Building a Wall/Mad Ears Productions
Eva Carboni/Smoke and Mirrors/Smoke and Mirrors/Mad Ears Productions
Kenny Neal/Straight From The Heart/Mount Up on the Wings of the King
feat. Christone "Kingfish" Ingram/Ruf Records
PSA Music and Antifascism, July 7, La Sala Rossa
ID - Ghost Town Blues Band
Kenny Neal/Straight From The Heart/Louise Ana feat. Rockin' Dopsie Jr.
and the Zydeco Twisters/Ruf Records
The Groove Krewe Featuring Nick Daniels lll/Run To Daylight/In The
Groove Zone/Sound Business Services LLC

*COMMEMORATING BIRTHS, DEATHS, & OTHER NOTABLE EVENTS*
The Nite-Owls/Roots N' Blues: The Retrospective/Memphis Blues/Columbia
Records
Bessie Smith/The Complete Recordings, Volume 1/Bleeding Hearted
Blues/Columbia Records
Eddie Lang & Lonnie Johnson/Blue Guitars/Bull Frog Moan/Smith & Co.
Lillie Mae Kirkman/Authentic Blues the Original Female Blues Singers
1920-1940/He's Just My Size/Nasjon LLC
AD TRACK 10 Suoni Per Il Popolo Radio
ID - Reverend Freakchild
Grace Brim/Chicago Blues Of The 1950's/Hospitality Blues/Paula Records
Lafayette "Thing" Thomas/Screaming and Crying/Sam's Drag/Fantastic Voyage
Jeannie & Jimmy Cheatham And The Sweet Baby Blues Band/Blues and the
Boogie Masters/Blues and the Boogie Masters/Concord Jazz
Wes Montgomery/Wes Montgomery/Missile Blues/Blue Note Records
AD TRACK 40  CaribPatties Announcer
ID - Angel Forrest
John Campbell/One Believer/Voodoo Edge/Elektra
Barrence Whitfield and The Savages/Let's Lose It/Dust On My Needle/Stony
Plain Records

*APPEARING LIVE* FRIDAY JUNE 17 @ BRUTOPIA 1219 Crescent Montreal QC
Paolo Stante/At It Again/No Name Working Band/Indie
https://www.brutopia.net/
-----------------------------
HAVE YOU DONATED YET PLEASE BE GENEROUS! PLEASE SUPPORT BLUES RADIO AND
TRUE DIVERSITY IN PROGRAMMING! http://funding.ckut.ca/ "Men, Let your
wallets flop out! And, Women, open your purses!" Go to
http://ckut.ca/donate and when you see "CHOOSE A SHOW TO DONATE TO"
please scroll down to "Cha Cha Cha In Blue"! And check out our merch!
CKUT HOODIES $40!!! TURNTABLE SLIPMATS $15!!!  COOL TEES $20!!!
https://www.ckut.ca/en/content/store Contact me at
mailto:ckutblue@colba.net <mailto:ckutblue@colba.net>

-- John Detcheverry mailto:ckutblue@colba.net
<mailto:ckutblue@colba.net> Cha Cha Cha In Blue, CKUT FM 90,3 Montreal