[Blues-l] PLAYLIST: Cha Cha Cha In Blue, CKUT FM 90, 3 Montreal 202206058

John Detcheverry ckutblue@colba.net
Sun Jun 5 19:57:03 EDT 2022

Tonight on Cha Cha Cha In Blue we're still in lockdown and this is my
109th show recorded at home! The 2022 FUNDING DRIVE is over but IT'S
NEVER TOO LATE TO DONATE!  GO TO http://ckut.ca/donate Let's kick off
PRIDE Month with a set from proud artists Long John Baldry, Gaye
Adegbalola, Bobby Dove, Cécile Doo-Kingué, and Mike Nagoda. We'll also
salute two great artists lost this week ... Kelly Joe Phelps and Ronnie
Hawkins. I dug up a real treat from the Hawk with Duane Allman on slide
and King Biscuit Boy on harp! I've also got new singles from Spencer
Mackenzie, Blackie And The Rodeo Kings, and Chris Antonik. This week's
featured new release is from Cliff Stevens whose "Better Days" comes out
Friday. In the "history" part of the show I've got Bo Carter, Bumble Bee
Slim, Meade "Lux" Lewis, Howlin' Wolf, Junior Wells, Lightnin' Slim,
Muddy Waters, Boz Scaggs, and The Derek Trucks Band. We'll close with a
tune from Pat Loiselle who'll be hosting Friday's jam at Brasserie
L'Unik. Tune in to CKUT 90,3 FM (Montreal) or http://www.ckut.ca
(everywhere else) from 9-11 PM. PLEASE DONATE GENEROUSLY! PLEASE SUPPORT
BLUES RADIO AND TRUE DIVERSITY IN PROGRAMMING!  CHECK OUT OUR MERCH!
CKUT HOODIES $40!!! TURNTABLE SLIPMATS $15!!!  COOL TEES $20!!!
https://www.ckut.ca/en/content/store

running blues radio show
CKUT FM 90,3 Get the 20220605 show from the archives at http://www.ckut.ca

Artist/Album/Song/Label or Distributor
*INTRO*
ID - Harry Manx
*
**CELEBRATING PRIDE MONTH!*
Long John Baldry/Baldry's Out/Intro/EMI America
Long John Baldry/Baldry's Out/Baldry's Out/EMI America
Gaye Adegbalola/Gaye Without Shame/Queer Blues/Indie
Bobby Dove/Hopeless Romantic/Gas Station Blues/Indie
Cécile Doo-Kingué/Anybody Listening: Dialogues, Pt. 2/Sunshine Lady
(Featuring Malika Tirolien)/cdk musik
Mike Nagoda/Outside The Box/P.R.I.D.E./Indie
*
**REMEMBERING TWO LATE GREATS*
Kelly Joe Phelps/Lead Me On (15 Year Anniversary Edition)/Marking Stone
Blues/Burnside Records
12-Spirit Walk Ad - end July 11_v3
ID - Blind Lemon Pledge
Ronnie Hawkins/Greatest Hits/Down In the Alley/Unidisc Music

*NEW BLUES SINGLES!*
Spencer Mackenzie/Preach To My Soul/Preach To My Soul/Indie
Blackie And The Rodeo Kings/O Glory/No One To Turn To But Your
Brother/Warner Music
Chris Antonik/Morningstar/Waves Of Stone (feat. Jarekus
Singleton)/Second Half Records
*
**FEATURED NEW RELEASE*
Cliff Stevens/Better Days/Heard You Knocking/Indie
AD TRACK 10 Suoni Per Il Popolo Radio
ID - Kevin Harvey - Durham County Poets
Cliff Stevens/Better Days/I Been Thinking About You/Indie

*COMMEMORATING BIRTHS, DEATHS, & OTHER NOTABLE EVENTS*
Bo Carter/Roots 'N' Blues: The Retrospective 1925-1950/West Jackson
Blues/Columbia Records
Bumble Bee Slim/Roots 'N' Blues: The Retrospective 1925-1950/Hard Rocks
In My Bed/Columbia Records
Meade "Lux" Lewis/Picking the Blues: Boogie Woogie Pioneers/Six Wheel
Chaser/Document Records
Howlin' Wolf/The Chess Box/Howlin’ Wolf Talks #2/Chess Records
Howlin' Wolf/The Chess Box/I'm The Wolf/Chess Records
Junior Wells/Blues Hit Big Town, the 1953-54 Recordings/Hoodoo Man
Featuring Elmore James/Delmark Records
Lightnin' Slim/Rock Me Mama/Schoolboy Cleve - She's Gone/Blue Label
Muddy Waters/The Chess Box/My Love Strikes Like Lightning/Chess Records
FD 33 - Stretch - Never Too Late
ID - Howard Glazer
Boz Scaggs/Out Of The Blues/On The Beach/Concord Records
The Derek Trucks Band/Already Free/Something to Make You Happy/Sony
Music Entertainment

*APPEARING LIVE* FRIDAY, JUNE 10 at Ribfest Longueuil 195 Rue Empire
Greenfield Park, QC
Pat Loiselle/Sonny Boy Gumbo’s Blues/Dreaming of My Cheesecake/Indie
https://www.facebook.com/events/3182696071983385/
-----------------------------
HAVE YOU DONATED YET PLEASE BE GENEROUS! PLEASE SUPPORT BLUES RADIO AND
TRUE DIVERSITY IN PROGRAMMING! http://funding.ckut.ca/ "Men, Let your
wallets flop out! And, Women, open your purses!" Go to
http://ckut.ca/donate and when you see "CHOOSE A SHOW TO DONATE TO"
please scroll down to "Cha Cha Cha In Blue"! And check out our merch!
CKUT HOODIES $40!!! TURNTABLE SLIPMATS $15!!!  COOL TEES $20!!!
https://www.ckut.ca/en/content/store Contact me at
mailto:ckutblue@colba.net <mailto:ckutblue@colba.net>

-- John Detcheverry mailto:ckutblue@colba.net
<mailto:ckutblue@colba.net> Cha Cha Cha In Blue, CKUT FM 90,3 Montreal