[Blues-l] PLAYLIST: Cha Cha Cha In Blue, CKUT FM 90, 3 Montreal 20220123

John Detcheverry ckutblue@colba.net
Sun Jan 23 18:54:34 EST 2022

Tonight on Cha Cha Cha In Blue we're still in lockdown and this is my
90th show recorded at home! Do you miss live music? The local scene?
Let's remind ourselves just how good our local blues artists are with
music from The Paul DesLauriers Band, Mike Goudreau Band, Angel Forrest,
Durham County Poets, Steve Hill, Jim Zeller, Steve Rowe, Cliff Stevens,
and Dawn Tyler Watson. This week's new releases come from the
Waterstreet Blues Band, Tinsley Ellis, and Baríton Loco. In the
"history" part of the show I've got Muddy Waters, Sonny Boy Williamson
II, Little Walter, Big Maybelle, Hot Lips Page, Big Joe Turner, Etta
James, Elmore James, Babs Gonzales, Bobby "Blue" Bland, Willie Dixon,
Omar & The Howlers, and Sherman Robertson. Tune in to CKUT FM90,3
(Montreal) or http://www.ckut.ca (everywhere else) from 9-11 PM. OUR
FUNDRAISER HAS ENDED BUT DON'T LET THAT STOP YOUR GENEROSITY! CHECK OUT
OUR MERCH! CKUT HOODIES $40!!! TURNTABLE SLIPMATS $15!!!  COOL TEES
$20!!! https://www.ckut.ca/en/content/store

running blues radio show
CKUT FM 90,3 Get the 20220123 show from the archives at http://www.ckut.ca

Artist/Album/Song/Label or Distributor
*INTRO*
ID - Harry Manx

*SO BLUE WE CAN'T SEE THESE LOCALS LIVE!*
The Paul DesLauriers Band/Bounce/Feeling All Kinds of Good/Disques Bros
Mike Goudreau Band/The Isolation Blues/Take a Chance with Me/Indie
Angel Forrest/Hell Bent With Grace/Ain't No Doubt/Indie
Durham County Poets/Hand Me Down Blues/If The Lid Don't Fit/Indie
PSA 16 COVID  Rapid home tests _EN
ID - Angel Forrest
Steve Hill/Desert Trip - Deluxe/Hellhound On My Trail/No Label Records
Jim Zeller/Blues from Another Planet/Life Is Good/Indie
Steve Rowe/The Urban Bluesman (Remastered Anthology)/Can't Forgive,
Won't Forget/Howlin' Blue Productions
Cliff Stevens/Nobody But You/Little By Little/Indie
Dawn Tyler Watson/Mad Love/This And That/Indie

*FEATURED NEW RELEASES*
Waterstreet Blues Band/Talkin' About/Talkin' About/Indie
Waterstreet Blues Band/Talkin' About/Temptation/Indie
Tinsley Ellis/Devil May Care/One Less Reason/Alligator Records
PSA 07 COVID Booster Dose General
ID - Mississippi Heat
Tinsley Ellis/Devil May Care/Don't Bury Our Love/Alligator Records
Baríton Loco/Down Below/Down Below/Naked - Rootz Rumble

*COMMEMORATING BIRTHS, DEATHS, & OTHER NOTABLE EVENTS*
Muddy Waters/The Chess Box/Long Distance Call/Chess Records
Sonny Boy Williamson II/Little Boy Blue/Don't Lose Your Eye/Blue City
Records
Little Walter/Chess Blues 1954-1960/My Babe/Chess Records
Big Maybelle w. Orch. under the direction of Danny Mendelsohn/Blues
Masters Vol. 13: New York City Blues/I'm Getting 'Long Alright/Rhino Records
Hot Lips Page And His Orchestra/Blues Masters Vol. 13: New York City
Blues/Walkin' In A Daze/Rhino Records
Big Joe Turner/75 R&b Classics/Flip, Flop and Fly/
AD TRACK 04 Community Contact AD
ID - Reverend Freakchild
Etta James/Chess Blues 1960-1967/Something's Got A Hold On Me/Chess Records
Elmore James/The Sky Is Crying: The History Of Elmore James/Hawaiian
Boogie/Rhino Records
Babs Gonzales/Shuckin' And Jivin'/House Rent Party/Charly R&B
Bobby "Blue" Bland/I Pity The Fool: The Duke Recordings, Vol.1/I Smell
Trouble/MCA Records
Willie Dixon/The Blues and Beyond/I Don't Trust Nobody/Festival
International de Jazz de Montreal
AD TRACK 50 caribbean food factory General Ad
ID - Coco Robicheaux
Omar & The Howlers/SwingLand/Hit the Road, Jack/Black Top Records
Sherman Robertson/Going Back Home/Me, My Guitar and the Blues/AudioQuest
Music
-----------------------------
OUR FUNDRAISER HAS ENDED BUT DON'T LET THAT STOP YOUR GENEROSITY! PLEASE
SUPPORT BLUES RADIO AND TRUE DIVERSITY IN PROGRAMMING!
http://funding.ckut.ca/ "Men, Let your wallets flop out! And, Women,
open your purses!" Go to http://ckut.ca/donate and when you see "CHOOSE
A SHOW TO DONATE TO" please scroll down to "Cha Cha Cha In Blue"! And
check out our merch! CKUT HOODIES $40!!! TURNTABLE SLIPMATS $15!!!  COOL
TEES $20!!! https://www.ckut.ca/en/content/store Contact me at
mailto:ckutblue@colba.net <mailto:ckutblue@colba.net>

-- John Detcheverry mailto:ckutblue@colba.net
<mailto:ckutblue@colba.net> Cha Cha Cha In Blue, CKUT FM 90,3 Montreal