[Blues-l] PLAYLIST: Cha Cha Cha In Blue, CKUT FM 90, 3 Montreal 20220116

John Detcheverry ckutblue@colba.net
Sun Jan 16 19:18:54 EST 2022

Tonight on Cha Cha Cha In Blue we're still in lockdown and this is my
89th show recorded at home! The holidays are over so let's get back to
work! Leading off tonight's show are a few new singles from Misty Blues,
Lisa Richards, Shane Murphy, and Debra Power. Next comes a  tribute to
Canadian (& international) legend Harpdog Brown, another great who was
lost much too soon. The first new cd releases featured this year come
from two young guns Mike Nagoda, the double slide guitarist mentored by
Brian Cober, and Pierce Dipner. In the so-called "history" part of the
show I've got Blind Willie Johnson, Whistlin' Alex Moore, Champion Jack
Dupree, Charles Brown, Henry Gray, Johnny "Guitar" Watson, Eddie Taylor,
Freddie King, Johnny Jano, Smokin' Joe Kubek & Bnois King, and JW-Jones
Blues Band with David "Fathead" Newman. Tune in to CKUT FM90,3
(Montreal) or http://www.ckut.ca (everywhere else) from 9-11 PM. OUR
FUNDRAISER HAS ENDED BUT DON'T LET THAT STOP YOUR GENEROSITY! CHECK OUT
OUR MERCH! CKUT HOODIES $40!!! TURNTABLE SLIPMATS $15!!!  COOL TEES
$20!!! https://www.ckut.ca/en/content/store

running blues radio show
CKUT FM 90,3 Get the 20220116 show from the archives at http://www.ckut.ca

Artist/Album/Song/Label or Distributor
*INTRO*
ID - Harry Manx

*SOME NEW BLUES SINGLES*
Misty Blues/One Louder/Freight Car (feat. Justin Johnson)/Lunaria Records
Lisa Richards/I Got A Story/Dominoes/MGM Distribution
Shane Murphy/Lafayette Blues - single/Lafayette Blues - single/Indie
Debra Power/I'm Not From Chicago/What Colour Is Love (ft Keeshea
Pratt)/Indie
Misty Blues/One Louder/Leave My Home/Lunaria Records

*R.I.P. HARPDOG BROWN* (January 28, 1962 - January 7, 2022)
Harpdog Brown/For Love & Money/Blue Light Boogie/Dog House Records
PSA 13 COVID Vax_Parents_R_ENG
ID - Sunday Wilde
Sunday Wilde/Peace In Trouble/Too Damn Cute (Featuring Harpdog Brown)/Indie
Harpdog Brown/Travelin' with the Blues/What's Your Real Name (Featuring
Rusty Zinn)/Dog House Records

*FEATURED NEW RELEASES*
Mike Nagoda/Outside The Box/Outside The Box/Indie
PSA 10 Hows it going_Ang_MSSS-21
ID - Blind Lemon Pledge
Mike Nagoda/Outside The Box/Busker's Blues/Indie
Pierce Dipner/Goin' Back/Goin' Back/Indie
Pierce Dipner/Goin' Back/Tore Us Apart/Indie

*COMMEMORATING BIRTHS, DEATHS, & OTHER NOTABLE EVENTS*
Blind Willie Johnson/The No.1 Blues Collection/Jesus Make up My Dying
Bed/Stardust Entertainment
Whistlin' Alex Moore/Roots 'N' Blues: The Retrospective 1925-1950/They
May Not Be My Toes/Columbia Records
Champion Jack Dupree/Black Woman Swing/Dupree Shake Dance/CD Drive
Charles Brown/The Cocktail Combos/Gee!/Capitol Records
Henry Gray/Louisiana Swamp Blues/Midnight Dream/Flyright Records
AD TRACK One Stop Cusine  Radio Ad
ID - Tab Benoit
Johnny "Guitar" Watson/1952-1955/Motor Head Baby/Classics
Eddie Taylor/The Unavailable 16 & the Original Nitty Gritty/Bad Boy/Vee
Jay Records
Freddie King/Freddy King Sings/If You Believe (In What You Do)/Gusto Records
Johnny Jano/Sound Of The Swamp: The Best Of Excello Records, Vol
1/Havin' A Whole Lot Of Fun/Rhino Records
AD TRACK 04 Community Contact AD
ID - Reverend Freakchild
Smokin' Joe Kubek & Bnois King/Have Blues, Will Travel/RU4
Real?/Alligator Records
JW-Jones Blues Band/Kissing In 29 Days/Parasomnia feat. David "Fathead"
Newman/NorthernBlues Music Inc.
-----------------------------
OUR FUNDRAISER HAS ENDED BUT DON'T LET THAT STOP YOUR GENEROSITY! PLEASE
SUPPORT BLUES RADIO AND TRUE DIVERSITY IN PROGRAMMING!
http://funding.ckut.ca/ "Men, Let your wallets flop out! And, Women,
open your purses!" Go to http://ckut.ca/donate and when you see "CHOOSE
A SHOW TO DONATE TO" please scroll down to "Cha Cha Cha In Blue"! And
check out our merch! CKUT HOODIES $40!!! TURNTABLE SLIPMATS $15!!!  COOL
TEES $20!!! https://www.ckut.ca/en/content/store Contact me at
mailto:ckutblue@colba.net <mailto:ckutblue@colba.net>

-- John Detcheverry mailto:ckutblue@colba.net
<mailto:ckutblue@colba.net> Cha Cha Cha In Blue, CKUT FM 90,3 Montreal