[Blues-l] PLAYLIST: Cha Cha Cha In Blue, CKUT FM 90, 3 Montreal 20220109

John Detcheverry ckutblue@colba.net
Sun Jan 9 19:22:05 EST 2022

Tonight on Cha Cha Cha In Blue we're still in lockdown and this is my
88th show recorded at home!. Last week I mentioned that I received
almost 200 new releases in 2021 - 60-some Canadian releases and about
130 from USA, Europe, and Australia. Last week I featured part 1 of my
recap of SOME of my faves and tonight I'll continue with part 2. I've
included selections from Eddie 9V, Ghalia Volt, Guy Davis, Maria
Muldaur, Lachy Doley, Hitman Blues Band, Memphissippi Sounds, Mike Zito,
New Moon Jelly Roll Freedom Rockers, Selwyn Birchwood, Reverend
Freakchild, Robben Ford, Shemekia Copeland, The Reverend Peyton's Big
Damn Band, Ricci and Krown, The WildRoots, Tony Holiday, Thorbjørn
Risager, Tito Jackson, Tommy Castro, Wee Willie Walker & The Anthony
Paule Soul Orchestra, and Zac Harmon. We'll close with birthday wishes
for Montreal's blues godfather Stephen Barry! Tune in to CKUT FM90,3
(Montreal) or http://www.ckut.ca (everywhere else) from 9-11 PM. OUR
FUNDRAISER HAS ENDED BUT DON'T LET THAT STOP YOUR GENEROSITY! CHECK OUT
OUR MERCH! CKUT HOODIES $40!!! TURNTABLE SLIPMATS $15!!!  COOL TEES
$20!!! https://www.ckut.ca/en/content/store
(N.B. I had already recorded and uploaded my show when I received the
heartbreaking news that Harpdog Brown had passed away so I apologize for
not commemorating him on this broadcast)

running blues radio show
CKUT FM 90,3 Get the 20220109 show from the archives at http://www.ckut.ca

Artist/Album/Song/Label or Distributor
INTRO
ID - Harry Manx

SOME OF MY FAVE NEW BLUES RELEASES OF 2021 (PART 2)!
Eddie 9V/Little Black Flies/Travelin' Man/Ruf Records
Ghalia Volt/One Woman Band/Espìritu Papàgo/Ruf Records
Guy Davis/Be Ready When I Call You/Be Ready When I Call You/M.C. Records
Maria Muldaur/I'm Vaccinated & Ready For Love! - single/I'm Vaccinated &
Ready For Love! - single/Stony Plain Records
Lachy Doley/Studios 301 Sessions/Give It But You Just Can't Take It/Indie
Hitman Blues Band/Not My Circus, Not My Monkey/Not My Circus/Nerus Records
Memphissippi Sounds/Welcome to the Land/Look out for the Wolf/Little
Village Foundation
Mike Zito/Resurrection/Resurrection/Gulf Coast Records
New Moon Jelly Roll Freedom Rockers/Volume 2/Blues For Yesterday feat.
Charlie Musselwhite/Stony Plain Records
Selwyn Birchwood/Living In A Burning House/I Got Drunk, Laid And
Stoned/Alligator Records
Reverend Freakchild/Supramundane Blues/Personal Jesus/Treated And
Released Records
Robben Ford/Pure/Blues For Lonnie Johnson/earMUSIC
Shemekia Copeland/Uncivil War/Clotilda's On Fire/Alligator Records
The Reverend Peyton's Big Damn Band/Dance Songs For Hard Times/Ways And
Means/Indie
Ricci and Krown/City Country City/The Jimmy Smith Strut/Gulf Coast Records
The WildRoots/WildRoots Sessions Volume 1/Square/WildRoots Records, LLC
Tony Holiday/Porch Sessions, Vol. 2/Bad Bad Girl (Featuring Johnny
Burgin)/Blue Heart Records
Thorbjørn Risager & The Black Tornado/Best OF Thorbjørn Risager & The
Black Tornado/Same Old Lies part deux/Ruf Records
Tito Jackson/Under Your Spell/Rock Me Baby feat. George Benson &
Claudette King/Gulf Coast Records
Tommy Castro/Tommy Castro Presents: A Bluesman Came To Town/Blues
Prisoner/Alligator Records
Wee Willie Walker & The Anthony Paule Soul Orchestra/Not In My
Lifetime/Make Your Own Good News/Blue Dot Records
Zac Harmon/Long As I Got My Guitar/People Been Talking/Catfood Records

HAPPY 75TH BIRTHDAY TO THE GODFATHER OF MONTREAL BLUES STEPHEN BARRY (b.
1947-0109)
Stephen Barry/Original/The Bare-Naked Man/Disques Bros
The Stephen Barry Band/Bluesville/There Was a Time/Disques Bros
Granary Blues All-Stars/Again/Let The Good Times Roll/Electric Desert
Records
-----------------------------
OUR FUNDRAISER HAS ENDED BUT DON'T LET THAT STOP YOUR GENEROSITY! PLEASE
SUPPORT BLUES RADIO AND TRUE DIVERSITY IN PROGRAMMING!
http://funding.ckut.ca/ "Men, Let your wallets flop out! And, Women,
open your purses!" Go to http://ckut.ca/donate and when you see "CHOOSE
A SHOW TO DONATE TO" please scroll down to "Cha Cha Cha In Blue"! And
check out our merch! CKUT HOODIES $40!!! TURNTABLE SLIPMATS $15!!!  COOL
TEES $20!!! https://www.ckut.ca/en/content/store Contact me at
mailto:ckutblue@colba.net <mailto:ckutblue@colba.net>

-- John Detcheverry mailto:ckutblue@colba.net
<mailto:ckutblue@colba.net> Cha Cha Cha In Blue, CKUT FM 90,3 Montreal