[Blues-l] PLAYLIST: Cha Cha Cha In Blue, CKUT FM 90, 3 Montreal 20220102

John Detcheverry ckutblue@colba.net
Sun Jan 2 18:14:00 EST 2022

Tonight on Cha Cha Cha In Blue we're still in lockdown and this is my
87th show recorded at home!/*It's also the first show of my 33rd year
here at CKUT!*/ I never thought I'd be here that long but as Guitar
Gable sang, "This Should Go On Forever"! Let's open by paying tribute to
some of those we lost in 2021: Michael Fonfara (11 August 1946 – 8
January 2021), Sherman Robertson (October 27, 1948 – January 28, 2021),
Yaphet Kotto (November 15, 1939 – March 15, 2021), Paul Oscher (April 5,
1950 – April 18, 2021), James Harman (June 8, 1946 - May 20, 2021),
Carol Fran (October 23, 1933 – September 1, 2021), Ellen McIlwaine
(October 1, 1945 – June 23, 2021), Chuck E. Weiss (March 18, 1945 – July
20, 2021), Commander Cody (July 19, 1944 - September 26, 2021), Sonny
Rhodes (November 3, 1940 – December 14, 2021), Dr. Lonnie Smith (July 3,
1942 – September 28, 2021), and Dusty Hill (May 19, 1949 - July 28,
2021). I received almost 200 new releases in 2021; 60-some Canadian
releases, some of which I featured last week; and about 130 from USA,
Europe, and Australia. I appreciate all the hard work that goes into
writing, recording and releasing music and thank all the artists,
labels, and publicists who make sure that the work gets done. So I don't
do "top ten" lists - I just started out with a more or less alphabetical
list and picked out SOME of the ones I like. With so many this is
definitely going to be a 2-parter! This week we've got Ally Venable,
Altered Five Blues Band, Blind Lemon Pledge, Billy F. Gibbons, Brian
Setzer, Carolyn Wonderland, Chris Cain, Christone "Kingfish" Ingram,
Clarence Spady, Corey Harris, Chris Gill, Curtis Salgado, Damon Fowler,
and Dave Specter. Tune in to CKUT FM90,3 (Montreal) or
http://www.ckut.ca (everywhere else) from 9-11 PM. OUR FUNDRAISER HAS
ENDED BUT DON'T LET THAT STOP YOUR GENEROSITY! CHECK OUT OUR MERCH! CKUT
HOODIES $40!!! TURNTABLE SLIPMATS $15!!!  COOL TEES $20!!!
https://www.ckut.ca/en/content/store

running blues radio show
CKUT FM 90,3 Get the 20220102 show from the archives at http://www.ckut.ca

Artist/Album/Song/Label or Distributor
*INTRO*
ID - Harry Manx

*REMEMBERING THOSE WE LOST IN 2021!*
Michael Fonfara & Bill Payne/2B3 - The Toronto Sessions High Heel
Feat/Make It Real Records
Sherman Robertson/I'm The Man/Somebody's Messin'/Code Blue
Yaphet Kotto/AD Presents: Ponytone: A Cross-Cultural Mixtape/Have You
Ever Seen The Blues/ponytone
Paul Oscher/Cool Cat/Mississippi Poem (Featuring Russell Lee)/Blues
Fidelity Recordings
Paul Oscher/Cool Cat/Poor Man Blues (Featuring Russell Lee)/Blues
Fidelity Recordings
James Harman/Liqour Parking/Woman Took My Woman/BigTone Records
Carol Fran/Sound Of The Swamp: The Best Of Excello Records, Vol 1/One
More Chance/Rhino Records
Ellen McIlwaine/A Celebration Of Blues: Women In Blues/Born Under A Bad
Sign/St-Clair Entertainment
PSA 05 COVID Mesures_Critical
ID - Angel Forrest
Chuck E. Weiss/Red Beans and Weiss/Boston Blackie/ANTI- Inc.
Commander Cody/Dopers Drunks and Everyday Losers/They Kicked Me Out of
the Band/Blind Pig Records
Sonny Rhodes/Blue Diamond/Blues Walk/Stony Plain Records
Dr. Lonnie Smith/Breathe/Why Can't We Live Together Feat. Iggy Pop/Blue
Note Records
ZZ Top/Rancho Texicano/Arrested For Driving While Blind/Wea Custom - Rhino

*SOME OF MY FAVE NEW BLUES RELEASES OF 2021!*
Ally Venable/Heart Of Fire/Do It In Heels/Ruf Records
Altered Five Blues Band/Holler If You Hear Me/Clear Conscience, Bad
Memory/Blind Pig Records
Blind Lemon Pledge/A Satchel Full Of Blues/Death Dont Ask
Permission/OFEH Records
Billy F. Gibbons/Hardware/West Coast Junkie/Concord Records
Brian Setzer/Gotta Have the Rumble/Checkered Flag/Surfdog, Inc.
Carolyn Wonderland/Tempting Fate/Broken Hearted Blues/Alligator Records
PSA 03 Covid Symptoms NEW english E
ID - Howard Glazer
Chris Cain/Raisin' Cain/Can't Find A Good Reason/Alligator Records
Christone "Kingfish" Ingram/662/Your Time Is Gonna Come/Alligator Records
Clarence Spady/Surrender/If My Life Was a Book/NOLA Blue Records
ID - Corey Harris
Corey Harris/Insurrection Blues/Insurrection Blues (Chickens Come Home
To Roost)/M.C. Records
Chris Gill/Between Midnight and Louise/Song for Honeyboy/Endless Blues
Records
Curtis Salgado/Damage Control/Always Say I Love You (At The End Of Your
Goodbyes)/Alligator Records
AD TRACK 40  CaribPatties Announcer
ID - Damon Fowler
Damon Fowler/Alafia Moon/Taxman/Landslide
Dave Specter with Steve Freund/Six String Soul: 30 Years On
Delmark/Riverside Ride (Instrumental)/Delmark Records
-----------------------------
OUR FUNDRAISER HAS ENDED BUT DON'T LET THAT STOP YOUR GENEROSITY! PLEASE
SUPPORT BLUES RADIO AND TRUE DIVERSITY IN PROGRAMMING!
http://funding.ckut.ca/ "Men, Let your wallets flop out! And, Women,
open your purses!" Go to http://ckut.ca/donate and when you see "CHOOSE
A SHOW TO DONATE TO" please scroll down to "Cha Cha Cha In Blue"! And
check out our merch! CKUT HOODIES $40!!! TURNTABLE SLIPMATS $15!!!  COOL
TEES $20!!! https://www.ckut.ca/en/content/store Contact me at
mailto:ckutblue@colba.net <mailto:ckutblue@colba.net>

-- John Detcheverry mailto:ckutblue@colba.net
<mailto:ckutblue@colba.net> Cha Cha Cha In Blue, CKUT FM 90,3 Montreal