[Blues-l] PLAYLIST: Cha Cha Cha In Blue, CKUT FM 90, 3 Montreal 20220220

John Detcheverry ckutblue@colba.net
Sun Feb 20 18:53:52 EST 2022

Tonight on Cha Cha Cha In Blue we're still in lockdown and this is my
94th show recorded at home! We start tonight with a roundup of the top
Canadian blues according to the Roots Music Report featuring David
Rotundo, the Night Bluemers, David Gogo, Colin Linden, Sue Foley, and
Colin James. This week's new releases are from Kenny "Blues Boss" Wayne,
Bernard Allison, and Scott Ellison. In the "history" part of the show
I've got Lightnin' Hopkins, Bessie Smith, Bukka White, Jimmy Yancey, Big
Maceo Merriweather, Memphis Slim, Vann "Piano Man" Walls, Slim Gaillard,
Corey Harris, Troy Gonyea, A.C. Reed, and Johnny Winter. We'll close
with a tune from the Ben Racine Band in advance of Thursday's LIVE SHOW
at Upstairs. Tune in to CKUT FM90,3 (Montreal) or http://www.ckut.ca
(everywhere else) from 9-11 PM. OUR FUNDRAISER HAS ENDED BUT DON'T LET
THAT STOP YOUR GENEROSITY! CHECK OUT OUR MERCH! CKUT HOODIES $40!!!
TURNTABLE SLIPMATS $15!!!  COOL TEES $20!!!
https://www.ckut.ca/en/content/store
<https://www.ckut.ca/en/content/store>
running blues radio show
CKUT FM 90,3 Get the 20220220 show from the archives at http://www.ckut.ca

Artist/Album/Song/Label or Distributor
*INTRO*
ID - Harry Manx

*ROOTS MUSIC REPORT TOP CANADIAN BLUES*
David Rotundo/So Much Trouble/Raw/Dreams We Share
Night Bluemers/Welcome Aboard The Midnight Train/Midnight Train/Indie
David Gogo/Silver Cup/Blues For Dollface/Cordova Bay Records
Colin Linden/bLOW/Ain't No Shame/Highway 20 Records
AD TRACK 28 No Visible Trauma co-presentation CKUT
ID - Sue Foley
Sue Foley/Pinky's Blues/Pinky's Blues/Stony Plain Records
Colin James/Open Road/Bad Boy/Stony Plain Records
*
**FEATURED NEW RELEASES*
Kenny "Blues Boss" Wayne/Blues from Chicago to Paris/Rock This
House/Stony Plain Records
ID - Kenny Wayne
Kenny "Blues Boss" Wayne/Blues from Chicago to Paris/Messin' With The
Blues/Stony Plain Records
Bernard Allison/Highs & Lows/Hustler (Feat. Bobby Rush)/Ruf Records
Bernard Allison/Highs & Lows/Side Step/Ruf Records
Scott Ellison/There's Something About The Night/Ain't No Love In the
Heart of the City/Liberation Hall
PSA 22 Hema Qc Sickle Cell commercial eng CKUT V2.1
ID – Scott Ellison
Scott Ellison/There's Something About The Night/There's Something About
The Night/Liberation Hall

*COMMEMORATING BIRTHS, DEATHS, & OTHER NOTABLE EVENTS*
Lightnin' Hopkins/Prestige Profiles: Lightnin' Hopkins/Happy Blues for
John Glenn/Prestige
Bessie Smith/The Complete Recordings, Volume 1/Gulf Coast Blues/Columbia
Records
Bukka White/The Blues, In The Beginning/Parchman Farm Blues/Legacy
Entertainment
Jimmy Yancey/Picking the Blues: Boogie Woogie Pioneers/35th And
Dearborn/Document Records
Major "Big Maceo" Merriweather/Picking the Blues: Boogie Woogie
Pioneers/Chicago Breakdown/Document Records
Memphis Slim/Chess Blues 1947-1952/Mother Earth/Chess Records
Vann "Piano Man" Walls/Atlantic Blues: Piano/After Midnight/Atlantic Records
Slim Gaillard/Shuckin' And Jivin'/Sightseeing Boogie/Charly R&B
PSA 16 COVID  Rapid home tests _EN
ID - Corey Harris
Corey Harris/Insurrection Blues/Insurrection Blues (Chickens Come Home
To Roost)/M.C. Records
Troy Gonyea/Click Click Spark/That's Why I'm Crying/Indie
A.C. Reed/I'm In The Wrong Business/Miami Strut/Alligator Records
Johnny Winter/Second Winter/Highway 61 Revisited/Columbia Records

*APPEARING LIVE *THURSDAY FEB 24 @ UPSTAIRS’ 1254 MacKay Montreal Qc
https://www.upstairsjazz.com/calendar/
Ben Racine Band/A Grand New Brew/Let It All Hang out (Featuring Dawn
Tyler Watson)/Indie
-----------------------------
OUR FUNDRAISER HAS ENDED BUT DON'T LET THAT STOP YOUR GENEROSITY! PLEASE
SUPPORT BLUES RADIO AND TRUE DIVERSITY IN PROGRAMMING!
http://funding.ckut.ca/ "Men, Let your wallets flop out! And, Women,
open your purses!" Go to http://ckut.ca/donate and when you see "CHOOSE
A SHOW TO DONATE TO" please scroll down to "Cha Cha Cha In Blue"! And
check out our merch! CKUT HOODIES $40!!! TURNTABLE SLIPMATS $15!!!  COOL
TEES $20!!! https://www.ckut.ca/en/content/store Contact me at
mailto:ckutblue@colba.net <mailto:ckutblue@colba.net>

-- John Detcheverry mailto:ckutblue@colba.net
<mailto:ckutblue@colba.net> Cha Cha Cha In Blue, CKUT FM 90,3 Montreal