[Blues-l] PLAYLIST: Cha Cha Cha In Blue, CKUT FM 90, 3 Montreal 20220213

John Detcheverry ckutblue@colba.net
Sun Feb 13 18:55:55 EST 2022

Tonight on Cha Cha Cha In Blue we're still in lockdown and this is my
93rd show recorded at home! Let's open with new singles from HOROJO
Trio, GeminiiDragon, Nick Andrea, and the Travellin' Blue Kings. Days
after his brother Jimmy died, Syl Jonson, one of the most sampled
artists ever, has also passed on. We remember him with a couple of his
'90s recordings and bring you his two most sampled tracks. This week's
new releases are from The Simon Kinny-Lewis Band and Debra Power. In the
"history" part of the show I've got Blind Boy Fuller, Brownie McGhee,
Magic Sam, Henry Gray, Little Walter, Ray Charles, B.B. King, Lou Ann
Barton, Mike Bloomfield, Dutch Mason, Sugaray Rayford, and Toronzo
Cannon. We'll close with a tune from Fuel Junkie in advance of
Thursday's LIVE SHOW at Upstairs. Tune in to CKUT FM90,3 (Montreal) or
http://www.ckut.ca (everywhere else) from 9-11 PM. OUR FUNDRAISER HAS
ENDED BUT DON'T LET THAT STOP YOUR GENEROSITY! CHECK OUT OUR MERCH! CKUT
HOODIES $40!!! TURNTABLE SLIPMATS $15!!!  COOL TEES $20!!!
https://www.ckut.ca/en/content/store

running blues radio show
CKUT FM 90,3 Get the 20220213 show from the archives at http://www.ckut.ca

Artist/Album/Song/Label or Distributor
*INTRO*
ID - Harry Manx

*NEW BLUES SINGLES!*
HOROJO Trio/Set The Record/Hard As I Can/Stony Plain Records
GeminiiDragon/Fighting Fire With Fire/Just The Way It Is/Nepotism Recordings
Nick Andrea/Blues @ Dark/Superstition (Feat. Truth Jones)/Indie
Travellin' Blue Kings/Bending the Rules/A Stiffer Drink/Naked

*R.I.P. SYL JOHNSON* (July 1, 1936 – February 6, 2022)
Syl Johnson/Back In The Game/Back In The Game/Delmark Records
Syl Johnson/Talkin' Bout Chicago/Different Kind Of Man/Delmark Records
PSA 02 Black History Month AD
ID - Blind Lemon Pledge
Syl Johnson/Different Strokes b/w Is It Because I'm Black -
Single/Different Strokes/Numero Group
Syl Johnson/Different Strokes b/w Is It Because I'm Black - Single/Is It
Because I'm Black/Numero Group

*FEATURED NEW RELEASES*
The Simon Kinny-Lewis Band/King Biscuit/Swamp Rat/Indie
The Simon Kinny-Lewis Band/King Biscuit/Goin' Down Slow (Feat Josh
Smith)/Indie
Debra Power/I'm Not From Chicago/I'm Not From Chicago (feat. Harpdog
Brown)/Indie
PSA 07 COVID Booster Dose General
ID - Reverend Peyton
Debra Power/I'm Not From Chicago/The Last Time I Saw Memphis (feat.
Harpdog Brown)/Indie

*COMMEMORATING BIRTHS, DEATHS, & OTHER NOTABLE EVENTS*
Blind Boy Fuller/The Ultimate Dirty Blues Collection/Worn Out Engine
Blues/Grammercy Europe
Brownie McGhee/Livin' The Blues/Face In The Crowd/Direct Source Special
Products
Magic Sam/West Side Guitar/Every Night About This Time/Delmark Records
Henry Gray/Louisiana Swamp Blues/Midnight Dream/Flyright Records
Little Walter/The No.1 Blues Collection/Boom Boom (Out Go The
Lights)/Stardust Entertainment
Ray Charles/75 R&b Classics/What'd I Say, Parts. 1, 2/
B.B. King/King Of The Blues/Sloppy Drunk/MCA Records
PSA 24 Tree Cdn  Impact PSA
ID - Lex Grey
Lou Ann Barton & Stevie Ray Vaughan/Solos, Sessions & Encores/You Can
Have My Husband/Sony BMG Music
Mike Bloomfield/Don't Say That I Ain't Your Man! Essential Blues
1964-1969/Albert's Shuffle/Sony Music
Dutch Mason/You Can't Have Everything/But I Was Cool/Stony Plain Records
Sugaray Rayford/Somebody Save Me/Dark Night of the Soul/Forty Below Records
Toronzo Cannon/Alligator Records: 50 Years Of Genuine Houserockin'
Music/The Chicago Way/Alligator Records

*APPEARING LIVE* THURSDAY FEB 17 @ UPSTAIRS’ 1254 MacKay Montreal Qc
Fuel Junkie/All Out/High Stress, Low Money/Indie
https://www.facebook.com/events/303301038489969/
-----------------------------
OUR FUNDRAISER HAS ENDED BUT DON'T LET THAT STOP YOUR GENEROSITY! PLEASE
SUPPORT BLUES RADIO AND TRUE DIVERSITY IN PROGRAMMING!
http://funding.ckut.ca/ "Men, Let your wallets flop out! And, Women,
open your purses!" Go to http://ckut.ca/donate and when you see "CHOOSE
A SHOW TO DONATE TO" please scroll down to "Cha Cha Cha In Blue"! And
check out our merch! CKUT HOODIES $40!!! TURNTABLE SLIPMATS $15!!!  COOL
TEES $20!!! https://www.ckut.ca/en/content/store Contact me at
mailto:ckutblue@colba.net <mailto:ckutblue@colba.net>

-- John Detcheverry mailto:ckutblue@colba.net
<mailto:ckutblue@colba.net> Cha Cha Cha In Blue, CKUT FM 90,3 Montreal