[Blues-l] PLAYLIST: Cha Cha Cha In Blue, CKUT FM 90, 3 Montreal 20220206

John Detcheverry ckutblue@colba.net
Sun Feb 6 17:47:39 EST 2022

Tonight on Cha Cha Cha In Blue we're still in lockdown and this is my
92nd show recorded at home! Do you still miss live music? The local
scene? The third installment of local blues focuses on Black History
Month and includes music from Ria Reece Band, Miche Love, Dawn Tyler
Watson, Carolyn Fe Blues Collective, and Cécile Doo-Kingué. Two greats
were lost to us recently so we'll acknowledge the passing of Jimmy
Johnson and Sam Lay. In the "history" part of the show I've got Bumble
Bee Slim, Casey Bill Weldon, Lonnie Johnson, Sonny Boy Williamson II,
Guitar Slim, Otis Clay, Philip Walker, and Dwane Dixon. We'll close with
a tune from the Justin Saladino Band in advance of Friday's webcast from
the Wheel Club. Tune in to CKUT FM90,3 (Montreal) or http://www.ckut.ca
(everywhere else) from 9-11 PM. OUR FUNDRAISER HAS ENDED BUT DON'T LET
THAT STOP YOUR GENEROSITY! CHECK OUT OUR MERCH! CKUT HOODIES $40!!!
TURNTABLE SLIPMATS $15!!!  COOL TEES $20!!!
https://www.ckut.ca/en/content/store

running blues radio show
CKUT FM 90,3 Get the 20220206 show from the archives at http://www.ckut.ca

Artist/Album/Song/Label or Distributor
*INTRO*
ID - Harry Manx

*LOCAL LADIES + BLACK HISTORY MONTH = GREAT BLUES!*
Ria Reece Band/Out All Night/Get It!/Disco Fairy Records
Miche Love/Miche Love/I Believe/Indie
Dawn Tyler Watson//Mad Love/Bad Seed (Feat. Steve Hill)/Indie
PSA 07 COVID Booster Dose General
ID - Angel Forrest
Carolyn Fe Blues Collective/Bad Taboo/Not Anymore/Indie
Cécile Doo-Kingué/Anybody Listening: Dialogues, Pt. 2/Animal Kingdom
(Featuring Kim Richardson & Alan Prater)/cdk musik

*R.I.P. JIMMY JOHNSON*  (November 25, 1928 – January 31, 2022)
Dave Specter with Jimmy Johnson/Six String Soul: 30 Years On
Delmark/Feels So Bad/Delmark Records
Jimmy Johnson/Every Day Of Your Life/Strange Things Happening/Delmark
Records
PSA 23 TREE CANADA PSA Luke voice
ID - Mississippi Bigfoot
Jimmy Johnson/Johnson's Whacks/Take Five/Delmark Records
Jimmy Johnson/North // South/Sang A Song In Heaven/Delmark Records

*R.I.P. SAM LAY*  (March 20, 1935 – January 29, 2022)
Howlin’ Wolf/The Chess Box/Three Hundred Pounds Of Joy/Chess Records
Muddy Waters/Fathers And Sons/Long Distance Call/Chess Records
Siegel–Schwall Band/Flash Forward/Twisted/Alligator Records
Bob Dylan/Highway 61 Revisited/Highway 61 Revisited/Sony Music
*
**COMMEMORATING BIRTHS, DEATHS, & OTHER NOTABLE EVENTS*
Bumble Bee Slim/Roots 'N' Blues: The Retrospective 1925-1950/Hard Rocks
In My Bed/Columbia Records
Casey Bill Weldon/The Ultimate Dirty Blues Collection/Has My Gal Been
Here/Grammercy Europe
Lonnie Johnson & Clarence Williams/The Ultimate Dirty Blues
Collection/Wipe It Off/Grammercy Europe
PSA 16 COVID  Rapid home tests _EN
ID - Corey Harris
Sonny Boy Williamson II/Vol.1 Don't Start Me To Talkin'/Fattening Frogs
For Snakes/Roots
Guitar Slim/Sufferin' Mind/Twenty-Five Lies/Specialty Records
AD TRACK 04 Community Contact AD
ID - Reverend Freakchild
Otis Clay/Paint It Blue: Songs Of The Rolling Stones/Wild Horses/House
Of Blues
Philip Walker/Blues/Big Rear Window/Hightone Records
Dwane Dixon/Betting on a Gambling Man/Betting on a Gambling Man/Indie

*APPEARING ON LIVE WEBCAST* FRIDAY FEB 11 FROM THE WHEEL CLUB
Justin Saladino Band/A Fool's Heart/Honey/Indie
https://www.facebook.com/events/465636441818561/
-----------------------------
OUR FUNDRAISER HAS ENDED BUT DON'T LET THAT STOP YOUR GENEROSITY! PLEASE
SUPPORT BLUES RADIO AND TRUE DIVERSITY IN PROGRAMMING!
http://funding.ckut.ca/ "Men, Let your wallets flop out! And, Women,
open your purses!" Go to http://ckut.ca/donate and when you see "CHOOSE
A SHOW TO DONATE TO" please scroll down to "Cha Cha Cha In Blue"! And
check out our merch! CKUT HOODIES $40!!! TURNTABLE SLIPMATS $15!!!  COOL
TEES $20!!! https://www.ckut.ca/en/content/store Contact me at
mailto:ckutblue@colba.net <mailto:ckutblue@colba.net>

--
John Detcheverry