[Blues-l] PLAYLIST: Cha Cha Cha In Blue, CKUT FM 90, 3 Montreal 20220424

John Detcheverry ckutblue@colba.net
Sun Apr 24 19:21:23 EDT 2022

Tonight on Cha Cha Cha In Blue we're still in lockdown and this is my
103rd show recorded at home! The 2022 FUNDING DRIVE is over but*IT'S
NEVER TOO LATE TO DONATE! * GO TO http://ckut.ca/donate Let's start with
some recent music from Son Of Dave, Angelique Francis, Ronnie Earl, and
The Harpoonist & The Axe Murderer. There was way too much sad news this
week and we'll remember Bill Bourne, Guitar Shorty, and Jerry Doucette
through their music. This week's featured new release comes from Detroit
powerhouse Eliza Neals. In the "history" part of the show I've got
Bessie Smith, Frank Hutchison, Charley Patton, Johnny Shines, Willie
Nix, J. B. Lenoir, Hop Wilson, Albert King, and Barkin’ Bill Smith.
We'll close with a tune from Southside Denny (recorded with his family
band "The Snyders", although it will be a solo show) in advance of his
Saturday show at Studio 77. Tune in to CKUT FM90,3 (Montreal) or
http://www.ckut.ca (everywhere else) from 9-11 PM. PLEASE DONATE
GENEROUSLY! PLEASE SUPPORT BLUES RADIO AND TRUE DIVERSITY IN
PROGRAMMING!  CHECK OUT OUR MERCH! CKUT HOODIES $40!!! TURNTABLE
SLIPMATS $15!!!  COOL TEES $20!!! https://www.ckut.ca/en/content/store

running blues radio show
CKUT FM 90,3 Get the 20220424 show from the archives at http://www.ckut.ca

Artist/Album/Song/Label or Distributor
*INTRO*
ID - Harry Manx

*SOME RECENT DECENT ...*
Son Of Dave/Call Me King/I'm Going Monkey For Your Love/Goddamn Records
Angelique Francis/Long River/Out Your Mind/Indie
Ronnie Earl And The Broadcasters/Mercy Me/Dave's Groove/Stony Plain Records
The Harpoonist & The Axe Murderer/Live At The King Eddy/Father's Son/Indie

*R.I.P. BILL BOURNE* (28 March 1954 – 16 April 2022)
Bill Bourne And The Free Radio Band/Bluesland/Home/Linus Entertainment
PSA 14 COVID Generic Measures 6th Wave eng
ID - Coco Robicheaux
Bill Bourne And The Free Radio Band/Bluesland/On The Sunny Side/Linus
Entertainment

*R.I.P. GUITAR SHORTY* (David William Kearney, September 8, 1934 – April
20, 2022)
Guitar Shorty/Chicago Blues Of The 1950's/You Don't Treat Me Right/Paula
Records
Guitar Shorty/Bare Knuckle/Betrayed/Alligator Records

*R.I.P. JERRY DOUCETTE* (September 9, 1951 – April 18, 2022)
Jerry Doucette/Live At The Yale Storman Norman's Sunday Blues/Help Me/Indie

*FEATURED NEW RELEASE*
Eliza Neals/Badder To The Bone/United We Stand/E-H-Records LLC
AD TRACK 27 BDOS HOUSE SPRING
ID - Victor Wainwright
Eliza Neals/Badder To The Bone/Queen Of The Nile (Featuring Lance Lopez
& Peter Keys)/E-H-Records LLC

*COMMEMORATING BIRTHS, DEATHS, & OTHER NOTABLE EVENTS*
Bessie Smith/The Complete Recordings, Volume 1/T'ain't Nobody's Business
If I Do/Columbia Records
Frank Hutchison/Roots 'N' Blues: The Retrospective 1925-1950/The Last
Scene Of The Titanic/Columbia Records
Charley Patton/The Rough Guide To Bottleneck Blues/A Spoonful Of
Blues/World Music Network
Johnny Shines/Traditional Delta Blues/Arguing and Boodling/Biograph Records
FD 33 - Stretch - Never Too Late
ID - Susan Tedeschi
Willie Nix/Chess Blues 1952-1954/Truckin' Little Woman/Chess Records
J. B. Lenoir/Definitive Blues Anthology/Don't Touch My Head/Not Now Music
Hop Wilson/Screaming and Crying/I'm a Stranger/Fantastic Voyage
Albert King/The Ultimate Collection/Personal Manager/Rhino Records
AD TRACK 28 fimav 2022 pangea de futura
ID - Mississippi Bigfoot
Dave Specter with Barkin’ Bill Smith & Ronnie Earl/Six String Soul: 30
Years On Delmark/Railroad Station/Delmark Records

*APPEARING LIVE* SATURDAY, APRIL 30 at Studio 77 271 Lakeshore Rd,
Pointe-Claire, QC
The Snyders/Reaching Higher/My Home/Indie
https://www.facebook.com/events/661987901710373/
-----------------------------
HAVE YOU DONATED YET PLEASE BE GENEROUS! PLEASE SUPPORT BLUES RADIO AND
TRUE DIVERSITY IN PROGRAMMING! http://funding.ckut.ca/ "Men, Let your
wallets flop out! And, Women, open your purses!" Go to
http://ckut.ca/donate and when you see "CHOOSE A SHOW TO DONATE TO"
please scroll down to "Cha Cha Cha In Blue"! And check out our merch!
CKUT HOODIES $40!!! TURNTABLE SLIPMATS $15!!!  COOL TEES $20!!!
https://www.ckut.ca/en/content/store Contact me at
mailto:ckutblue@colba.net <mailto:ckutblue@colba.net>

-- John Detcheverry mailto:ckutblue@colba.net
<mailto:ckutblue@colba.net> Cha Cha Cha In Blue, CKUT FM 90,3 Montreal