[Blues-l] PLAYLIST: Cha Cha Cha In Blue, CKUT FM 90, 3 Montreal 20220417

John Detcheverry ckutblue@colba.net
Sun Apr 17 19:04:33 EDT 2022

Tonight on Cha Cha Cha In Blue we're still in lockdown and this is my
102nd show recorded at home! The 2022 FUNDING DRIVE is over but it's
NEVER TOO LATE TO DONATE!  GO TO http://ckut.ca/donate Let's kick it off
with Easter wishes via William Clarke. This week's new releases feature
Son Of Dave, Ronnie Earl, Kenny Greenberg, The TWO, and Yulian Taylor.
BTW The TWO will be at Quai des Brumes tomorrow night so don't miss a
rare opportunity to catch this Euro-duo in a cozy venue. In the
"history" part of the show I've got Howlin' Wolf, Bill Gaither, Ray
Charles, Willie Mabon, Johnny Shines, Earl Hooker, Lonesome Sundown,
Albert King, and Paul Oscher. We'll close with a tune from Juno Award
winner Dawn Tyler Watson in advance of her TWO shows this week -
Thursday at Le Balcon with Ben Racine Band and Friday in a jazzier mode
at UPSTAIRS. Tune in to CKUT FM90,3 (Montreal) or http://www.ckut.ca
(everywhere else) from 9-11 PM. PLEASE DONATE GENEROUSLY! PLEASE SUPPORT
BLUES RADIO AND TRUE DIVERSITY IN PROGRAMMING!  CHECK OUT OUR MERCH!
CKUT HOODIES $40!!! TURNTABLE SLIPMATS $15!!!  COOL TEES $20!!!
https://www.ckut.ca/en/content/store

running blues radio show
CKUT FM 90,3 Get the 20220417 show from the archives at http://www.ckut.ca

Artist/Album/Song/Label or Distributor
*INTRO*
ID - Harry Manx
*
**HAPPY EASTER!*
William Clarke/Deluxe Edition/Easter Bunny Boogie/Alligator Records

*FEATURED NEW RELEASES*
Son Of Dave/Call Me King/Call Me King/Goddamn Records
Son Of Dave/Call Me King/Some Day Soon/Goddamn Records
Ronnie Earl And The Broadcasters/Mercy Me/Blow Wind Blow/Stony Plain Records
PSA 46 Soundwalk Symposium
ID - Duke Robillard
Ronnie Earl And The Broadcasters/Mercy Me/Blues For Duke Robillard/Stony
Plain Records
Kenny Greenberg/Blues For Arash/The Citadel/We R They Records
Kenny Greenberg/Blues For Arash/Memphis Style (feat. Wally Wilson)/We R
They Records
The TWO/Crossed Souls/Raw Man/Indie
PSA 42 Pipeline BTW April 22
ID - Hitman
The TWO/Crossed Souls/Feeling Blue/Indie
(THEY'LL BE *APPEARING LIVE* MONDAY APRIL 18 AT Quai des Brumes
https://www.facebook.com/events/491793532607288/ )
Yulian Taylor ft Lorenzo Thompson/Blues Friends/I Will Sing/Indie
Yulian Taylor ft Dexter Allen/Blues Friends/Start/Indie

*COMMEMORATING BIRTHS, DEATHS, & OTHER NOTABLE EVENTS*
Howlin' Wolf/The Chess Box/Bluebird/Chess Records
Bill Gaither ("Leroy's Buddy")/1935-41/You Done Ranked Yourself With
Me/da Music
Ray Charles/Best of Ray Charles/Drown In My Own Tears/World Star Collection
Willie Mabon/Chicago Blues Of The 1960's/Somebody Gotta Pay/Paula Records
FD 33 - Stretch - Never Too Late
ID - Reverend Freakchild
Johnny Shines/Traditional Delta Blues/Sitting On Top of the
World/Biography Records
Earl Hooker/Screaming and Crying/Blue Guitar/Fantastic Voyage
Lonesome Sundown/Louisiana Swamp Blues/Gonna Stick To You Baby/Flyright
Records
Albert King/King Of The Blues Guitar/Overall Junction/Atlantic Records
PSA 04 Community Contact AD
AD TRACK 50 caribbean food factory
ID - Victor Wainwright
ID - Watermelon Slim_04
Paul Oscher/Cool Cat/Dirty Dealin Mama (Featuring Miss Lavelle
White)/Blues Fidelity Recordings

*APPEARING LIVE* THURS 21 APRIL AT LE BALCON & FRI 22 APR AT UPSTAIRS
Dawn Tyler Watson/Mad Love/This And That/Indie
https://www.facebook.com/events/495281515411400/
https://www.facebook.com/events/5333916079979940/
-----------------------------
HAVE YOU DONATED YET PLEASE BE GENEROUS! PLEASE SUPPORT BLUES RADIO AND
TRUE DIVERSITY IN PROGRAMMING! http://funding.ckut.ca/ "Men, Let your
wallets flop out! And, Women, open your purses!" Go to
http://ckut.ca/donate and when you see "CHOOSE A SHOW TO DONATE TO"
please scroll down to "Cha Cha Cha In Blue"! And check out our merch!
CKUT HOODIES $40!!! TURNTABLE SLIPMATS $15!!!  COOL TEES $20!!!
https://www.ckut.ca/en/content/store Contact me at
mailto:ckutblue@colba.net <mailto:ckutblue@colba.net>

-- John Detcheverry mailto:ckutblue@colba.net
<mailto:ckutblue@colba.net> Cha Cha Cha In Blue, CKUT FM 90,3 Montreal