[Blues-l] PLAYLIST: Cha Cha Cha In Blue, CKUT FM 90, 3 Montreal 20220403

John Detcheverry ckutblue@colba.net
Sun Apr 3 19:29:30 EDT 2022

Tonight on Cha Cha Cha In Blue we're still in lockdown and this is my
100th show recorded at home! The 2022 FUNDING DRIVE is over but it's
NEVER TOO LATE TO DONATE!  GO TO http://ckut.ca/donate Let's start with
a few tunes from recent releases by Angel Forrest, The Harpoonist & The
Axe Murderer, Gunn, Kenny 'Blues Boss' Wayne, and Duke Robillard. We'll
speak with Eric Farran about his new single and then it's the WORLD
RADIO PREMIERE of his "Covid Blues". This week's new releases are from
Angelique Francis and Larry McCray. In the "history" part of the show
I've got Howlin' Wolf, Bumble Bee Slim, Billie Holiday, Forest City Joe,
Jimmy Nolan, B.B. King, Otis Spann, Muddy Waters, Michael Jerome Browne,
and Gary Moore. We'll close with a tune from Justin Saladino in advance
of his Saturday solo show at L'Aquarium. Tune in to CKUT FM90,3
(Montreal) or http://www.ckut.ca (everywhere else) from 9-11 PM. PLEASE
DONATE GENEROUSLY! PLEASE SUPPORT BLUES RADIO AND TRUE DIVERSITY IN
PROGRAMMING!  CHECK OUT OUR MERCH! CKUT HOODIES $40!!! TURNTABLE
SLIPMATS $15!!! COOL TEES $20!!! https://www.ckut.ca/en/content/store

running blues radio show
CKUT FM 90,3 Get the 20220403 show from the archives at http://www.ckut.ca

Artist/Album/Song/Label or Distributor
*INTRO*
ID - Harry Manx

*SOME RECENT DECENT ...*
Angel Forrest/Angel's 11 vol. II/Whiskey & Wonder (feat. Brandon
Isaak)/Ad Litteram
The Harpoonist & The Axe Murderer/Live At The King Eddy/Roll with the
Punches/Indie
Gunn/Hand In The Fire/Once I Was Alive/WOA Records
AD TRACK 43 DOPE IS DEATH
ID - Blind Lemon Pledge
Kenny 'Blues Boss' Wayne/Blues From Chicago To Paris/I Got A Razor/Stony
Plain Records
Duke Robillard/They Called It Rhythm and Blues/Eat Where You Slept Last
Night/Stony Plain Records

*ERIC FARRAN* TALKS ABOUT HIS NEW SINGLE
Eric Farran/Covid Blues - single/Covid Blues/Indie
*
**FEATURED NEW RELEASES*
Angelique Francis/Long River/Ashamed/Indie
PSA 45 Ukraine Benefit  CKUT April 16th
ID – Eric Farran
Angelique Francis/Long River/Storms From My Eyes/Indie
Larry McCray/Blues Without You/Arkansas/Keeping The Blues Alive Records
*
**COMMEMORATING BIRTHS, DEATHS, & OTHER NOTABLE EVENTS*
Howlin' Wolf/The Chess Box/Moanin' For My Baby/Chess Records
Bumble Bee Slim/Greatest 1920s & 1930s Blues Licks/Bricks In My
Pillow/Master Classics Records
Billie Holiday/After Hour Blues/Billie's Blues/Direct Source Special
Products
FD 33 - Stretch - Never Too Late
ID - Victor Wainwright
Forest City Joe/Black Angel Blues/A Woman On Every Street/Charly Records
Jimmy Nolan/The Rhythm & Blues Years/Strollin' With Nolen [Alt.]/Master
Classics Records
B.B. King/King Of The Blues/Help The Poor/MCA Records
Otis Spann/Rare Chicago Blues (1962-1968)/Blues For Martin Luther
King/Bullseye Blues
Muddy Waters/Fathers And Sons/Walkin' Thru The Park/Chess Records
AD TRACK 50 caribbean food factory
ID - Reverend Freakchild
AD TRACK 04 Community Contact AD
ID - Watermelon Slim_04
Michael Jerome Browne/That's Where It's At!/Black Nights/Borealis Records
Gary Moore/Best of the Blues/Still Got The Blues/Virgin Records

*APPEARING LIVE* SAT APR 9 AT L'AQUARIUM CAFÉ BAR 2923 Masson Montréal, Qc
Justin Saladino Band/A Fool's Heart/Mama Said/Indie
https://www.facebook.com/events/517078496669119/
-----------------------------
HAVE YOU DONATED YET PLEASE BE GENEROUS! PLEASE SUPPORT BLUES RADIO AND
TRUE DIVERSITY IN PROGRAMMING! http://funding.ckut.ca/ "Men, Let your
wallets flop out! And, Women, open your purses!" Go to
http://ckut.ca/donate and when you see "CHOOSE A SHOW TO DONATE TO"
please scroll down to "Cha Cha Cha In Blue"! And check out our merch!
CKUT HOODIES $40!!! TURNTABLE SLIPMATS $15!!!  COOL TEES $20!!!
https://www.ckut.ca/en/content/store Contact me at
mailto:ckutblue@colba.net <mailto:ckutblue@colba.net>

--
John Detcheverry