[Blues-l] PLAYLIST: Cha Cha Cha In Blue, CKUT FM 90, 3 Montreal 20210912

John Detcheverry ckutblue@colba.net
Sun Sep 12 18:07:31 EDT 2021

Tonight on Cha Cha Cha In Blue we're still in lockdown and this is my
71st show recorded at home! It was 51 years ago this week that we lost
one of the most influential musicians of modern rock, Jimi Hendrix. Our
first set pays tribute with "original covers" from Cécile Doo-Kingué,
Taj Mahal, Popa Chubby, Harry Manx & Kevin Breit, Michael Jerome Browne,
Bob Walsh, Pat Metheny, The Gil Evans Orchestra, John Campbelljohn, and
Dawn Tyler Watson. This week's new releases come from the Starlite
Campbell Band and Robben Ford. We'll pay tribute to Carol Fran who
passed away Sept.1, 2021. In the history part of the show I've got
Robert Nighthawk, Muddy Waters, Silas Hogan, Sonny Boy Williamson,
T-Bone Walker, B.B. King, Langston Hughes & Leonard Feather, and Billy
Boy Arnold. We'll close the show with a song from Guy Belanger who will
be at the Jazz Fest on Wednesday, and yes, there's a live stream! Please
note that the outdoor shows are free but crowd size is COVID-limited so
reservations are required! Tune in to CKUT FM90,3 (Montreal) or
http://www.ckut.ca <http://www.ckut.ca> (everywhere else) from 9-11 PM.
OUR FUNDRAISER HAS ENDED BUT DON'T LET THAT STOP YOUR GENEROSITY! CHECK
OUT OUR MERCH! CKUT HOODIES $40!!! TURNTABLE SLIPMATS $15!!!  COOL TEES
$20!!! https://www.ckut.ca/en/content/store
<https://www.ckut.ca/en/content/store>

running blues radio show
CKUT FM 90,3 Get the 20210912 show from the archives at
http://www.ckut.ca <http://www.ckut.ca>

Artist/Album/Song/Label or Distributor
INTRO
ID - Harry Manx

TRIBUTE TO JIMI (NOV 27, 1942 – SEPT 18, 1970)
Cécile Doo-Kingué/Anybody Listening: Dialogues, Pt. 2/Manic
Depression/cdk musik
Taj Mahal & The Hula Blues Band/Blue Haze - Songs Of Jimi Hendrix/All
Along The Watchtower/Ruf Records
Popa Chubby/Prime Cuts: The Very Best Of The Beast From The East/Hey
Joe/Indie
Harry Manx & Kevin Breit/Jubilee/Voodoo Child (Slight
Return)/NorthernBlues Music
Michael Jerome Browne/Michael Jerome Browne/Manic Depression/Les Disques
Bros
Bob Walsh/Inside I Am All Blue/Angel/Les Disques Bros
AD TRACK 06 Pop General 2021
ID - Guy Davis
Pat Metheny/Stone Free: A Tribute To Jimi Hendrix/Third Stone From The
Sun/Reprise Records
The Gil Evans Orchestra/Plays the Music of Jimi Hendrix/Crosstown
Traffic feat. Hannibal Martin Peterson/BMG Entertainment
John Campbelljohn Trio/Weight Of The World/Little Wing/Nood Records
Dawn Tyler Blues Project/Ten Dollar Dress/Purple Haze/Preservation Records

FEATURED NEW RELEASES
Starlite Campbell Band/The Language of Curiosity/Gaslight/Supertone Records
PSA 01 COVID Passport Engl Female Restaurant
ID - Robben Ford
Robben Ford/Pure/Blues For Lonnie Johnson/earMUS

R.I.P. CAROL FRAN (October 23, 1933 – September 1, 2021)
Carol Fran/Sound Of The Swamp: The Best Of Excello Records, Vol 1/One
More Chance/Rhino Records
Clarence Hollimon/Blues Guitar Spotlight/Blues For Carol/Black Top Records

COMMEMORATING BIRTHS, DEATHS, & OTHER NOTABLE EVENTS
Robert Nighthawk/Black Angel Blues/Sweet Black Angel/Charly Records
Muddy Waters/Chess Blues 1952-1954/Whos's Gonna Be Your Sweet Man When
I'm Gone/Chess Records
Silas Hogan/Sound Of The Swamp: The Best Of Excello Records, Vol
1/Everybody Needs Somebody/Rhino Records
Sonny Boy Williamson/Little Boy Blue/Too Close Together/Blue City Records
T-Bone Walker/Guitar Legends the Best Guitar Songs/Call It Stormy
Monday/Boulevard Recordings
B.B. King/King Of The Blues/Paying The Cost To Be The Boss/MCA Records
PSA 10 COVID Passport Required Sept Eng.
ID - Delta Moon
Langston Hughes & Leonard Feather/The Beat Generation/Blues
Montage/Rhino Records
Billy Boy Arnold/The Blues Soul Of Billy Boy Arnold/Keep On
Rubbing/Stony Plain Records

APPEARING LIVE WED SEPT 15 @ Festival de Jazz de Montréal
Guy Belanger/Traces & Scars/Hot Time/Les Disques Bros
https://www.facebook.com/events/874707950135986/
<https://www.facebook.com/events/874707950135986/>
Livestream: https://youtu.be/fhkr1RX12f0 <https://youtu.be/fhkr1RX12f0>
-----------------------------
OUR FUNDRAISER HAS ENDED BUT DON'T LET THAT STOP YOUR GENEROSITY! PLEASE
SUPPORT BLUES RADIO AND TRUE DIVERSITY IN PROGRAMMING!
http://funding.ckut.ca/ <http://funding.ckut.ca/> "Men, Let your wallets
flop out! And, Women, open your purses!" Go to http://ckut.ca/donate
<http://ckut.ca/donate> and when you see "CHOOSE A SHOW TO DONATE TO"
please scroll down to "Cha Cha Cha In Blue"! And check out our merch!
<https://www.ckut.ca/en/content/store> Contact me at
mailto:ckutblue@colba.net <mailto:ckutblue@colba.net>

John Detcheverry mailto:ckutblue@colba.net <mailto:ckutblue@colba.net>
Cha Cha Cha In Blue, CKUT FM 90,3 Montreal Listen Live @