[Blues-l] PLAYLIST: Blues Cafe' 9/11/2021

David Carrigan papajoe61@hotmail.com
Sat Sep 11 18:57:53 EDT 2021

My show #1040 The Saturday Blue Plate Special was theme driven tuneage about sexiness.
Papajoe (David Carrigan)
host of The Blues Cafe' since 1997 on 89.9FM, WWSP Saturdays 3-7pm CST
WWSP
101 CAC Reserve Street
Stevens Point WI 54481
studio phone 715 346 2696
papaajoe61@hotmail.com
listen on air www.90fm.org

September 11, 2021
Muddy Waters /I Just Want to Make Love to You /Live in Los Angeles 1954 /GNP
This Date in Blues History
1928  Memphis Jug Band /On the Road Again /American Epic v1 /Columbia
1930  Lonnie Johnson /No More Troubles Now /Essential /Classic Blues
1934  Son Bonds /Trouble, Trouble /Legendary Country Artists vol.D /JSP
1934  Jimmie Gordon /Bed Springs Blues /Bed Spring Poker /Indigo
1935  Kokomo Arnold /Down and Out Mama /Old Original Kokomo Blues /Wolf
1941  Arthur Crudup /If I Get Lucky /That's All Right Mama /BMG
1941  Johnnie Temple /What is That She Got /When the Sun Goes Down v3 Bluebird
1945  Charles Brown wi. Johnny Moore's Three Blazers /Drifting Blues /1944-1945 /Classics
1952  Ray Charles /The Midnight Hour /The Genius Sings the Blues /Atlantic
1968  Peter Green wi. Fleetwood Mac /Preachin' Blues /Live at the BBC /Fleetwood
1974  Hot Tuna /Walkin' Blues /America's Choice /RCA
1985  Eddy Clearwater /IRS Man /Flimdoozie /Rooster
2000  Tommy Bankhead /If You Call That Gone /Please Accept My Love /Fedora
2000  Louisiana Red /Where's My Friends /Different Shade of Red /Severn
2000  Bennie Smith /wish Me Well /Shook Up /Fedora
2001  album release Jimmie Vaughan /The Deep End /Do You Get the Blues /Artemis
2007  album release Dave Riley  Bob Corritore /Safe at Last /Travelin' the Dirt Road /Blue Witch
2010  Ben Waters /Somebody Changed the Lock on My Door /The ABC and D 0f Boogie Woogie /Eagle
2015  album release Shemekia Copeland /Cardboard Box /Outskirts of Love /Alligator
New on the Menu
Sue Foley /Say It's Not So /Pinky's Blues /Stony Plain
Neil BBQ Barnes /Close Call /East Bay Blues Vaults /Electro-Fi
Altered Five Blues Band /Holding on With Just One Hand /Holler If You Need Me /Blind Pig
GA-20 /Sadie /Does Hound Dog Taylor /Karma Chief
Kingfish Christone Ingram /She Calls Me Kingfish /662 /Alligator
Saturday Blue Plate Special  "Sexy"
Furry Lewis /Good Looking Girl Blues /Classic Blues Songs from the '20s v11 /Blues Images
Jimmie Davis /She's a Hum Dum Dinger from Dingersville /Bottleneck Guitar Masterpieces /Yazoo
Tampa Red /Black Angel Blues /Guitar Wizard /Columbia
Robert Johnson /Little Queen of Spades /Centennial Collection /Columbia
Bill Broonzy /Dreamy Eyed Baby /Chronological v9 /Document
Eddie Vinson /Cherry Red Blues /Old Maid Boogie /Blue Boar
Walter Davis /Susie May /1945-1947 /Classic Blues
Louis Jordan /Reet, Petite and Gone /1944-1946 /JSP
Gene Phillips /Big Legs /Swinging the Blues /Ace
Rice Miller /She Brought Eyesight to the Blind /Goin' in Your Direction /Alligator
Big Mama Thornton /Sweet Little Angel /Ball 'n Chain /Arhoolie
Hound Dog Taylor /What'd I Say /Genuine Houserockin' Music /Alligator
J.B. Hutto /My Heart is Aching to Love You /Slideslinger /Evidence
Fabulous Thunderbirds /She's Tuff /Girls Go Wild /Bench Mark
Doyle Bramhall /Dimples /Fitchburg Street /Yep Roc
Blind Mississippi Morris /Mississippi Jukin' /Bad to Worse Boogie BBQ
R.L. Burnside /Georgia Women /Mr. Wizard /Fat Possum
Elam McKnight /Ms Maureen (electric version) /Braid My Hair /Black Hand
Mark Hummel /What is That She Got /The Hustle is Reallly On /Electro-Fi
Paul Oscher /Work That Stuff /Cool Cat /Blues Fidelity
Bobby Rush /Good Stuff /Sitting on Top if the Blues /Deep Rush
Kim Wilson /Fine Little Woman /Take Me Back  The Bigtone Sessions /M.C.
New on the Menu
Wee Willie Walker /Make Your Own Good News /Not in My Lifetime /Blue Dot
Elly Wininger /Skinny Leg Blues /The Blues Never End /Earwig
Colin Linde n /Boogie Let Me Be /bLOW /Highway 20
Johnny Tucker featuring Kid Ramos /Snowplow /75 and Alive /Blue Heart