[Blues-l] PLAYLIST: Cha Cha Cha In Blue, CKUT FM 90, 3 Montreal 20210905

John Detcheverry ckutblue@colba.net
Sun Sep 5 19:04:14 EDT 2021

Tonight on Cha Cha Cha In Blue we're still in lockdown and this is my
70th show recorded at home! It's September so it's time for our BACK TO
SCHOOL SPECIAL!. An hour long class is in session with Johnny Winter,
Anson Funderburgh & The Rockets, Saffire, Jimmy Bowskill, Jimmy Reed,
Sonny Boy Williamson, T-Bone Walker, Eddy Clearwater, Blind Lemon
Pledge, Son of Dave, Robert "Dr. Bobus" Paquin, Phillipa Fallon, Bobby
"Blue" Bland, Otis Rush, Johnny Max Band, Lawrence Lebo (BTW happy
birthday! and just why DO people who are timeless count their years?),
The Weber Brothers With Timothy Bracken, and The Arc Angels. Then it's
some future blues - advance singles from upcoming new releases from The
Blues Preachers, Davy Knowles, and Buffalo Nichols. The latter two were
culled from this week's list of "Essential Guitar Tracks" from Guitar
World magazine. In the history part of the show I've got Ma Rainey,
Albert Ammons, Sunnyland Slim, Pee Wee Crayton, Otis Redding, Katie
Webster, Baby Face Willette (with Grant Green), and Clarence "Gatemouth"
Brown. We'll close the show with a song from Shawn McPherson and the
Jive Band in advance of his Thursday appearance at UPSTAIRS. Tune in to
CKUT FM90,3 (Montreal) or http://www.ckut.ca <http://www.ckut.ca>
(everywhere else) from 9-11 PM. OUR FUNDRAISER HAS ENDED BUT DON'T LET
THAT STOP YOUR GENEROSITY! CHECK OUT OUR MERCH! CKUT HOODIES $40!!!
TURNTABLE SLIPMATS $15!!!  COOL TEES $20!!!
https://www.ckut.ca/en/content/store <https://www.ckut.ca/en/content/store>

running blues radio show
CKUT FM 90,3 Get the 20210905 show from the archives at
http://www.ckut.ca <http://www.ckut.ca>

Artist/Album/Song/Label or Distributor
INTRO
ID - Harry Manx

*BACK TO SCHOOL SPECIAL!*
Johnny Winter/Johnny Winter/Good Morning Little Schoolgirl/Columbia Records
Anson Funderburgh & The Rockets feat. Sam Myers/Rack 'Em Up/I'm Your
Professor/Black Top Records
Saffire: The Uppity Blues Women/Deluxe Edition/School Teacher's
Blues/Alligator Records
Jimmy Bowskill/Old Soul/Schoolhouse/Indie
Jimmy Reed/Greatest Hits/Go On To School/Highland Music
Sonny Boy Williamson/Early In The Morning/Good Morning Little
Schoolgirl/Newsound 200 Ltd.
T-Bone Walker/T-Bone's That Way/When We Were Schoolmates/Charly Records
Eddy Clearwater/Hillbilly Blues/Wear My Class Ring On A Ribbon/Redita
PSA 37 ELECTION Voter INfo ENGLISH
ID - Blind Lemon Pledge
Blind Lemon Pledge/A Satchel Full Of Blues/Teacher, Teacher/OFEH Records
Son of Dave/Call Me A Cab/I Don't Wanna Go To School Anymore/Kartel
Music Group
Robert "Dr. Bobus" Paquin/Poussières Bleues/Le Boogie-Woogie De
L'école/Disques Bros
Phillipa Fallon/The Beat Generation/High School Drag/Rhino Records
Bobby "Blue" Bland/I Pity The Fool -The Duke Recordings Vol. 1/I Learned
My Lesson/MCA Records
Otis Rush/Blues Legend of the Century/Homework/Vintage Masters Inc
PSA 10 COVID Passport Required Sept Eng.
ID - Popa Chubby
Johnny Max Band/Forty Nine Minutes Of The Best We Have/(You're) A Lesson
I've Learned/Pour Soul Records
Lawrence Lebo/Old School Girl/Old School Girl/On The Air Records
The Weber Brothers And Timothy Bracken/Choose Your Own
Adventure/Schoolin'/Indie
Arc Angels/Arc Angels/Paradise Cafe/Geffen

*FEATURED NEW RELEASES*
The Blues Preachers/The Kings Highway/Lord I Just Can't Keep From Crying
Sometimes/Soapbox Records
Davy Knowles/What Happens Next/Roll Me/Mascot Label Group-Provogue
Buffalo Nichols/Buffalo Nichols/Back on Top/Fat Possum Records

*COMMEMORATING BIRTHS, DEATHS, & OTHER NOTABLE EVENTS*
Ma Rainey/Blues Masters Vol. 11: Classic Blues Women/Daddy Goodbye
Blues/Rhino Records
Albert Ammons/Roots 'N' Blues: The Retrospective/Shout For Joy/Columbia
Records
Sunnyland Slim/Chicago Blues Of The 1950's/Highway 61/Paula Records
Pee Wee Crayton/Screaming and Crying/A Frosty Night/Fantastic Voyage
Otis Redding/The Definitive Soul Collection: Otis Redding/Hard to
Handle/Rhino Entertainment
Katie Webster/Alligator Records: 50 Years Of Genuine Houserockin'
Music/I'm Still Leaving You (Remastered)/Alligator Records
One Stop Cusine  Radio Ad Official 2
ID - Reverend Freakchild
Baby Face Willette/Stop And Listen/Worksong/Blue Note Records
Clarence "Gatemouth" Brown/Paint It Blue: Songs Of The Rolling
Stones/Ventilator Blues/House Of Blues

*APPEARING LIVE* THURS SEPT 9 @ UPSTAIRS’ 1254 MacKay Montreal Qc
Shawn McPherson and the Jive Band/The Moon of June/The Moon of June/Indie
https://www.facebook.com/events/352591946543541/
<https://www.facebook.com/events/352591946543541/>
-----------------------------
OUR FUNDRAISER HAS ENDED BUT DON'T LET THAT STOP YOUR GENEROSITY! PLEASE
SUPPORT BLUES RADIO AND TRUE DIVERSITY IN PROGRAMMING!
http://funding.ckut.ca/ <http://funding.ckut.ca/> "Men, Let your wallets
flop out! And, Women, open your purses!" Go to http://ckut.ca/donate
<http://ckut.ca/donate> and when you see "CHOOSE A SHOW TO DONATE TO"
please scroll down to "Cha Cha Cha In Blue"! And check out our merch!
<https://www.ckut.ca/en/content/store> Contact me at
mailto:ckutblue@colba.net <mailto:ckutblue@colba.net>

-- John Detcheverry mailto:ckutblue@colba.net
<mailto:ckutblue@colba.net> Cha Cha Cha In Blue, CKUT FM 90,3 Montreal