[Blues-l] PLAYLIST: Cha Cha Cha In Blue, CKUT FM 90, 3 Montreal 20211017

John Detcheverry ckutblue@colba.net
Sun Oct 17 19:15:59 EDT 2021

Tonight on Cha Cha Cha In Blue we're still in lockdown and this is my
76th show recorded at home! Let's start by revisiting a few recent
releases from Altered Five Blues Band, Thorbjørn Risager & The Black
Tornado, Avey Grouws Band, and Carolyn Wonderland plus a new single from
The Blue Chevys. This week's new releases are from David Gogo, Sue
Foley, and Dave Specter. In the history part of the show I've got Son
House, Barbecue Bob, Jessie Mae Hemphill, Alberta Hunter, Miles Davis
with Rubberlegs Williams, Johnny Moore's Three Blazers, Zuzu Bollin,
T-Bone Walker, Muddy Waters, Johnny Shines, Junior Wells, Chuck Berry,
and Elvin Bishop & Charlie Musselwhite. We'll close the show with a song
from Fuel Junkie in advance of their Thursday appearance at Upstairs.
Tune in to CKUT FM90,3 (Montreal) or http://www.ckut.ca (everywhere
else) from 9-11 PM. OUR FUNDRAISER HAS ENDED BUT DON'T LET THAT STOP
YOUR GENEROSITY! CHECK OUT OUR MERCH! CKUT HOODIES $40!!! TURNTABLE
SLIPMATS $15!!!  COOL TEES $20!!! https://www.ckut.ca/en/content/store

running blues radio show
CKUT FM 90,3 Get the 20211017 show from the archives at http://www.ckut.ca

Artist/Album/Song/Label or Distributor
INTRO
ID - Harry Manx

STILL NEW - STILL BLUE
Altered Five Blues Band/Holler If You Hear Me/Where's My Money?/Blind
Pig Records
Thorbjørn Risager & The Black Tornado/Best OF Thorbjørn Risager & The
Black Tornado/You Can Have It Your Way/Ruf Records
Avey Grouws Band/Tell Tale Heart/Bad, Bad Year/Indie
03 COVID SYMPTOMS _RADIO_EN
ID - Carolyn Wonderland_new album
Carolyn Wonderland/Tempting Fate/Texas Girl And Her Boots/Alligator Records
The Blue Chevys/The Night Calls/Willow Tree/Naked

FEATURED NEW RELEASES
David Gogo/Silver Cup/Never Gonna Change/Cordova Bay Records
ID - David Gogo
David Gogo/Silver Cup/Silver Cup/Cordova Bay Records
Sue Foley/Pinky's Blues/Okie Dokie Stomp/Stony Plain Records
AD TRACK 26 DJ Killa Jewel AD_Oct 22
ID - Sue Foley
Sue Foley/Pinky's Blues/Say It's Not So/Stony Plain Records
Dave Specter/Six String Soul: 30 Years On Delmark/The Stinger
(Instrumental)/Delmark Records
Dave Specter with Barkin’ Bill Smith & Ronnie Earl/Six String Soul: 30
Years On Delmark/Railroad Station/Delmark Records

COMMEMORATING BIRTHS, DEATHS, & OTHER NOTABLE EVENTS
Son House/Legends Of The Blues: Volume 1/Death Letter/Columbia Records
Barbecue Bob/Roots 'N' Blues: The Retrospective 1925-1950/Blind Pig
Blues/Columbia Records
Jessie Mae Hemphill/Deep Blues: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack/Shame
On You/Anxious Records
AD TRACK 50 caribbean food factory General Ad
ID - Chris Gill
Alberta Hunter/Blues Masters Vol. 11: Classic Blues Women/You Can't Tell
The Difference After Dark/Rhino Records
Miles Davis with Rubberlegs Williams/First Miles/Pointless Mama
Blues/Savoy Jazz
Johnny Moore's Three Blazers/The Cocktail Combos/Blazers Boogie/Capitol
Records
Zuzu Bollin/Texas Bluesman/Cold, Cold Feeling/Antone's Records
T-Bone Walker/The Imperial Blues Years - 50 Original Recordings/My Baby
Is Now On My Mind/Not Now Music
PSA 10 COVID Passport Required Sept oct Eng.
ID - Reverend Freakchild
Muddy Waters/The Chess Box/Louisiana Blues/Chess Records
Johnny Shines/Chess Blues 1947-1952/Joliet Blues/Chess Records
Junior Wells/Messin' With The Kid/You Sure Look Good To Me/Charly Records
Chuck Berry/Screaming and Crying/Mad Lad/Fantastic Voyage
Elvin Bishop & Charlie Musselwhite/100 Years Of Blues/100 Years Of
Blues/Alligator Records

APPEARING LIVE THURS OCT 21 @ UPSTAIRS’ 1254 MacKay Montreal Qc
514.931.6808 http://upstairsjazz.com/
Fuel Junkie/All Out/Get Out on the Road/Indie
https://www.facebook.com/events/1104787356929180/
OUR FUNDRAISER HAS ENDED BUT DON'T LET THAT STOP YOUR GENEROSITY! PLEASE
SUPPORT BLUES RADIO AND TRUE DIVERSITY IN PROGRAMMING!
http://funding.ckut.ca/ "Men, Let your wallets flop out! And, Women,
open your purses!" Go to http://ckut.ca/donate and when you see "CHOOSE
A SHOW TO DONATE TO" please scroll down to "Cha Cha Cha In Blue"! And
check out our merch! CKUT HOODIES $40!!! TURNTABLE SLIPMATS $15!!!  COOL
TEES $20!!! https://www.ckut.ca/en/content/store Contact me at
mailto:ckutblue@colba.net <mailto:ckutblue@colba.net>