[Blues-l] PLAYLIST: Blues Cafe' 10/16/2021

David Carrigan papajoe61@hotmail.com
Sat Oct 16 16:19:57 EDT 2021

My show #1044 Back after a week in the Mississippi Delta.  The Saturday Blue Plate Special was "Downhearted Blues".
Papajoe (David Carrigan)
host of The Blues Cafe' since 1997 on 89.9FM, WWSP Saturdays 3-7pm CST
WWSP
101 CAC Reserve Street
Stevens Point WI 54481
studio phone 715 346 2696
papaajoe61@hotmail.com
listen on air www.90fm.org

October 16, 2021
Muddy Waters /My Fault /Rollin Stone /Chess
This Date in Blues History
1923  Bessie Smith /Any Woman Blues /Volume 2 /Frog
1924  Ma Rainey /Counting the Blues /Complete Recordings v2 /King Jazz
1936  Little Brother Montgomery /First Time I Met the Blues /when the Sun Goes Down v2 /Bluebird
1938  Calvin Frazier /Lilly Mae #1 /Detroit Blues box /JSP
1951  Roscoe Gordon wi. Bobby Bland /Love You til the Day I Die /Bobby Bland Singles Collection /Acrobat
1951  Little Richard /Every Hour /self titled /RCA Camden
1956  Little Richard /The Girl Can't Help It /Essential /Specialty
1963  Otis Spann /River Side Blues /Good Morning Mr. Blues /APO
1977  Otis Rush /You Got Me Running /Troubles, Troubles /Sonet
1972  Peg Leg Sam /Who's that Left Here 'While Ago /Kickin' It /32 Blues
1994  Foree Wells Jr. /Hey Little Bluebird /It's a New Day, Brother! /Stack House
1996  John Mayall /title track /Blues for the Last Days /Silvertone
1997  Pinetop Perkins /Miss Ida B /Down in Mississippi /HMG
2014  Robert Lockwood Jr. /King Biscuit Time /Last of the Great Mississippi Delta Bluesmen /Blue Shoe
2014  Henry Townsend /It's Got to End Somewhere /Last of the Great Mississippi Delta Bluesmen /Blue Shoe
2015  album release Reverend Shawn Amos /The Last Day I'm Loving you /Reverend Shawn Amos Loves You /Put Together
2015  album release Anthony Geraci /Everything is Wrong /50 Shades of Blue /Delta Groove
New on the Menu
Ben Levin /I'm Your Essential Worker /Still Here /Vizztone
Colin James /As the Crow Flies /Open Road /Stony Plain
Crystal Thomas /Can't You See What You're Doin' to Me /Now Dig This! /Dialtone
Eric Bibb /Whole World's Got the Blues /Dear America /Provogue
Tommy Castro /Blues Prisoner /A Bluesman Came to Town /Alligator
Memphissippi Sounds /I'm Mad /Welcome to the Land /Little Village Foundation
Cedric Burnside /Keep on Pushing /"I Be Trying" /Single Lock
Bobby Rush /Get Outta Here /Tony Holiday's Porch Sessions /Electro-Fi
Saturday Blue Plate Special  "Downhearted Blues"
Bessie Smith /Downhearted Blues /Volume 1 /Frog
Memphis Jug Band /Packed My Suitcase, Headed for the Train /self titled v1 /Frog
Ma Rainey /Victim of the Blues /Complete Collection v4 /King Jazz
Charlie Spand /Ain't Gonna Stand for That /Classic Blues Songs from the '20s v17 /Blues Images
Kokomo Arnold /Rainy Night Blues /It's the Best Stuff Yet /Frog
Robert Johnson /Dead Shrimp Blues /Centennial Collection /Columbia
T-Bone Walker /Mean Old World /The Beginning /Koch
Arthur Crudup /That's All Right /everything's All Right /Old World
Christine Kittrell /title track /Sittin' Here Drinkin' /Jasmine
Jr. Wells Hoodoo Man /Blues Hit Big Town /Delmark
Albert King /Won't be Hangin' Around /Door to Door /Chess
Freddie King /Let Me Be (Stay Away from Me) /Takin' Care of Business v2 /Bear Family
Frank Frost /So Tired of Living by Myself /Jelly Roll King /Charly
Paul Butterfield Blues Band /Blues with a Feeling /Elektra Anthology /Elektra
Electric Flag /Texas /A Long Time Comin' /Columbia
Hound Dog Taylor /See Me in the Evening /Natural Boogie /Alligator
Lurrie and Carey Bell /Worried Heartache Blues /Son of a Gun /Rooster
Luther Allison /Show Me a Reason /Serious /Blind Pig
James Harman /Dirty Work at the Crossroads /Mo' Na'kins, Please v2 /Cannonball
Omar and the Howlers /Blues in a Bottle /Blues Bag /Bullseye
New on the Menu
Catfish Keith /Dirty Mother for You /Land of the Sky /Fishtail
Ma Rainey /Little Low Mama Blues /Classic Blues Songs from the '20s v19 /Blues Images
MS Johnny Waters /I Can't Hang /Mark Hummel's East Bay Blues Vaults /Electro-Fi
Sue Foley /Boogie Real Low /Pinky's Blues /Stony Plain
Robbin Kapsalis /Living Large /Soul Shaker /Bird Song
GA-20 /Sitting at Home Alone /Does Hound Dog Taylor /Karma Chief
Sean Appel and R.L. Boyce /Made You Made Me - Love You Over and Over /Bad Apple Blues Club /self