[Blues-l] PLAYLIST: Cha Cha Cha In Blue, CKUT FM 90, 3 Montreal 20211003

John Detcheverry ckutblue@colba.net
Mon Oct 4 17:03:29 EDT 2021

Was supposed to go out Sunday but my email wasn't working

Tonight on Cha Cha Cha In Blue we're still in lockdown and this is my
74th show recorded at home! I've got new singles from Brigitte Purdy,
The Blues Preachers, The Marvellous Hearts, Layla Zoe , and Kalo and a
new cd from Izzo Blues Coalition. We also pay tribute to the late
organist Dr. Lonnie Smith. In the history part of the show I've got
Howlin' Wolf, Little Walter, J.B. Lenoir, Billy Lee Riley, Nick Curran,
Duke Robillard, Billy Branch, Keb' Mo', and Rick Estrin & The Nightcats.
We'll close the show with a song from the Mike Goudreau Band in advance
of their Thursday appearance at Upstairs. Tune in to CKUT FM90,3
(Montreal) or http://www.ckut.ca <http://www.ckut.ca> (everywhere else)
from 9-11 PM. OUR FUNDRAISER HAS ENDED BUT DON'T LET THAT STOP YOUR
GENEROSITY! CHECK OUT OUR MERCH! CKUT HOODIES $40!!! TURNTABLE SLIPMATS
$15!!!  COOL TEES $20!!! https://www.ckut.ca/en/content/store
<https://www.ckut.ca/en/content/store>

running blues radio show
CKUT FM 90,3 Get the 20211003 show from the archives at
http://www.ckut.ca <http://www.ckut.ca>

Artist/Album/Song/Label or Distributor
INTRO
ID - Harry Manx

NEW BLUES SINGLES
Brigitte Purdy/Stylin' - single/Stylin' - single/Indie
The Blues Preachers/The Blue Album/The Angel Of Death/Soap Box Records
The Blues Preachers/The Blue Album/Under The Bombs/Soap Box Records
The Marvellous Hearts/Arrivals & Departures/Love Is Great/Soap Box Records
PSA Vax_Parents_R_EN
ID - Layla Zoe
Layla Zoe/Better World - single/Better World - single/Indie
Kalo/Eyes Shut - single/Eyes Shut - single/Something Blue Records

R.I.P. DR. LONNIE SMITH (July 3, 1942 – September 28, 2021)
Dr. Lonnie Smith/Breathe/Why Can't We Live Together Featuring Iggy
Pop/Blue Note Records
Lou Donaldson/The History of Blue Note, Vol. 3: Organ and Soul/Alligator
Boogaloo/Blue Note Records
PSA 10 COVID Passport Required
ID - Blind Lemon Pledge
Dr. Lonnie Smith/Breathe/Sunshine Superman Featuring Iggy Pop/Blue Note
Records

FEATURED NEW RELEASE
Izzo Blues Coalition/Take It Or Leave It/Take It Or Leave It/TAB Records
PSA 04 Community Contact AD
ID - Reverend Freakchild
Izzo Blues Coalition/Take It Or Leave It/It's Been a Long Long Time/TAB
Records

COMMEMORATING BIRTHS, DEATHS, & OTHER NOTABLE EVENTS
Howlin' Wolf/The Chess Box/My Last Affair/Chess Records
Little Walter/Chess Blues 1954-1960/Mellow Down Easy/Chess Records
J.B. Lenoir/Chess Blues 1952-1954/Mama Talk To Your Daughter/Chess Records
Billy Lee Riley/Hightone Records First 10 Years/Calhoun City/Hightone
Records
AD TRACK 55 MANGO BAY 2016 AD
AD TRACK One Stop Cusine
ID - Kim Wilson
Nick Curran and the Nitelifes/Bare Blues: Instrumental Gems/Stompin' At
The Fort/Blind Pig Records
Duke Robillard/Duke's Blues/Love Slipped In/Stony Plain Records
Billy Branch And The Sons Of Blues/Alligator Records: 50 Years Of
Genuine Houserockin' Music/Blue and Lonesome (Remastered)/Alligator Records
Keb' Mo'/Suitcase/The Itch/Sony BMG Music
Rick Estrin & The Nightcats/Alligator Records: 50 Years Of Genuine
Houserockin' Music/I'm Running (Remastered)/Alligator Records

APPEARING LIVE THURS OCT 7 @ UPSTAIRS’ 1254 MacKay Montreal Qc
514.931.6808 http://upstairsjazz.com/ <http://upstairsjazz.com/>
Mike Goudreau Band/The Isolation Blues/Speak to Me Softly/Indie
-----------------------------
OUR FUNDRAISER HAS ENDED BUT DON'T LET THAT STOP YOUR GENEROSITY! PLEASE
SUPPORT BLUES RADIO AND TRUE DIVERSITY IN PROGRAMMING!
http://funding.ckut.ca/ "Men, Let your wallets flop out! And, Women,
open your purses!" Go to http://ckut.ca/donate <http://ckut.ca/donate>
and when you see "CHOOSE A SHOW TO DONATE TO" please scroll down to "Cha
Cha Cha In Blue"! And check out our merch! CKUT HOODIES $40!!! TURNTABLE
SLIPMATS $15!!!  COOL TEES $20!!! https://www.ckut.ca/en/content/store
<https://www.ckut.ca/en/content/store> Contact me at
mailto:ckutblue@colba.net <mailto:ckutblue@colba.net>

--