[Blues-l] PLAYLIST: Cha Cha Cha In Blue, CKUT FM 90, 3 Montreal 20211128

John Detcheverry ckutblue@colba.net
Sun Nov 28 19:02:10 EST 2021

Tonight on Cha Cha Cha In Blue we're still in lockdown and this is my
82nd show recorded at home! There's not much time left to vote in the
Maple Blues Awards so let's seek inspiration from some of the nominees:
Dawn Tyler Watson, Endrick & The Sandwiches, David Gogo, Sue Foley, Rob
Lutes, and Guy Bélanger. Voting is open until Dec. 1, 2021 at
www.mapleblues.ca <http://www.mapleblues.ca>. Three new singles traverse
the globe with PD Martin (Europe), Daxton (Australia), and Layla Zoe
(transplanted from Canada to Europe). On the new release deck this week
we've got Memphissippi Sounds and Guitar Jack Wargo. In the history part
of the show I've got Dr. Isaiah Ross, Albert Ammons, Robert Nighthawk,
Magic Sam, Shuggie Otis, Mike Morgan, Jody Williams, Shakura S'Aida
(also an MBA nominee!), and the late, great Johnny V. We'll close the
show with a song from Alec Mcelcheran in advance of shows at BISTRO À
JOJO. Tune in to CKUT FM90,3 (Montreal) or http://www.ckut.ca
(everywhere else) from 9-11 PM. OUR FUNDRAISER HAS ENDED BUT DON'T LET
THAT STOP YOUR GENEROSITY! CHECK OUT OUR MERCH! CKUT HOODIES $40!!!
TURNTABLE SLIPMATS $15!!!  COOL TEES $20!!!
https://www.ckut.ca/en/content/store

running blues radio show
CKUT FM 90,3 Get the 20211128 show from the archives at http://www.ckut.ca

Artist/Album/Song/Label or Distributor
INTRO
ID - Harry Manx

*LAST CHANCE TO VOTE FOR THE MAPLE BLUES AWARDS!* www.mapleblues.ca
<http://www.mapleblues.ca>
Dawn Tyler Watson/Mad Love/Masochistic Heart/Indie
Endrick & The Sandwiches/Sunny Soul/Hot Spot/Indie
David Gogo/Silver Cup/Silver Cup/Cordova Bay Records
Sue Foley/Pinky's Blues/Pinky's Blues/Stony Plain Records
Rob Lutes/Come Around/In My Time Of Dyin'/Lucky Bear Records
Guy Bélanger/Traces & Scars/Hot Time/Les Disques Bros

*A TRIO OF NEW SINGLES*
PD Martin/Come To Bed/Come To Bed/Naked Records
Daxton/Otherside - single/Otherside/Foghorn Records
PSA 08 Dec 1 Wet_suwet_en Solidarity Action
ID - Layla Zoe
Layla Zoe/The Bluebird's Egg - single/The Bluebird's Egg/Indie

*FEATURED NEW RELEASES*
Memphissippi Sounds/Welcome to the Land/Groove with Me/Little Village
Foundation
Memphissippi Sounds/Welcome to the Land/High & Low/Little Village Foundation
Guitar Jack Wargo/Til The Money's Gone/Holla At Your Boy/War God Records
PSA 30 COVID Vaccination 5 - 11 smaller dose
ID - Angel Forrest
Guitar Jack Wargo/Til The Money's Gone/Deja Blues/War God Records

*COMMEMORATING BIRTHS, DEATHS, & OTHER NOTABLE EVENTS*
Dr. Isaiah Ross/Chess Blues 1947-1952/Dr. Ross' Boogie/Chess Records
Albert Ammons/Roots 'N' Blues: The Retrospective/Shout For Joy/Columbia
Records
Robert Nighthawk/Black Angel Blues/Annie Lee Blues/Charly Records
Magic Sam/West Side Guitar/All Your Love/Paula Records
AD TRACK 04 Community Contact AD
ID - Corey Harris
Shuggie Otis/Shuggie's Boogie: Shuggie Otis Plays The Blues/Shuggie's
Boogie/Sony Music
Mike Morgan & The Crawl/Blues Guitar Spotlight/You Ain't Like You Used
To Be/Black Top Records
AD TRACK 26 The Halluci Nation - Radio Ad Nov 8 - Dec 6
Jody Williams/Return of a Legend/You May/Evidence Records
Shakura S'Aida/Brown Sugar/Angels On High/Ruf Records
Johnny V's Blues Allstars/If My Daddy Could See Me Now/As Long As I'm
Movin'/Festival Records

*APPEARING LIVE* SAT DEC 4 @ BISTRO À JOJO 1627 St-Denis, Montreal, Qc
The Alec Mcelcheran Trio/The Blue in Everything/Fair Verona Blues/Indie
https://www.bistroajojo.com/calendrier
-----------------------------
OUR FUNDRAISER HAS ENDED BUT DON'T LET THAT STOP YOUR GENEROSITY! PLEASE
SUPPORT BLUES RADIO AND TRUE DIVERSITY IN PROGRAMMING!
http://funding.ckut.ca/ "Men, Let your wallets flop out! And, Women,
open your purses!" Go to http://ckut.ca/donate and when you see "CHOOSE
A SHOW TO DONATE TO" please scroll down to "Cha Cha Cha In Blue"! And
check out our merch! CKUT HOODIES $40!!! TURNTABLE SLIPMATS $15!!!  COOL
TEES $20!!! https://www.ckut.ca/en/content/store Contact me at
mailto:ckutblue@colba.net <mailto:ckutblue@colba.net>

-- John Detcheverry mailto:ckutblue@colba.net
<mailto:ckutblue@colba.net> Cha Cha Cha In Blue, CKUT FM 90,3 Montreal