[Blues-l] PLAYLIST: Blues Cafe' 11/27/2021

David Carrigan papajoe61@hotmail.com
Sat Nov 27 16:07:23 EST 2021

My show #1049  The Saturday Blue Plate Special was about food, primarily associated with southern country fare.
Papajoe (David Carrigan)
host of The Blues Cafe' since 1997 on 89.9FM, WWSP Saturdays 3-7pm CST
WWSP
101 CAC Reserve Street
Stevens Point WI 54481
studio phone 715 346 2696
papaajoe61@hotmail.com
listen on line www.90fm.org

November 20, 2021
Muddy Waters /Long Distance Call /Montreaux Years /Montreaux Sounds
This Date in Blues History
1929  Texas Alexander /Broken Yo-Yo /Story of the Blues /Columbia
1930  Scrapper Blackwell /Pack Up the Trunk Blues /Virtuoso Guitar of /Yazoo
1933  Memphis Minnie /My Butcher Man /He Got Out His Big Ten Inch /Indigo
1937  Robert Johnson /Cross Road Blues /Centennial Collection
1940  Tampa Red /I Want to Swing /Voice of the Blues /Catfish
1941  Champion Jack Dupree /Black Cow Blues /1940-1950 /Wolf
1957  Jimmy Reed /I'm Gonna Get My Baby /Complete Singles /Jasmine
1962  Freddie King /Someday, After Awhile /Taking Care of Business /Bear Family
1967  Johnny Young /On the Road Again /Chicago Blues /Arhoolie
1972  Luther Snake Johnson /Little Red Rooster /On the Road Again /Evidence
Birthday Boy   James Marshall Hendrix
Albert King /Travelin' to California /Complete King and Bobbin Recordings /Collectables
Jimi Hendrix /Red House /Are You Experienced /Experience Hendrix
Jimi Hendrix /Once I Had a Woman /Blues /MCA
Jimi Hendrix /Little Wing /Axis: Bold as Love /MCA
New on the Menu
Port City Blues Society Players /I Love How You Used To /Socially Distant Blues /self
Carolyn Wonderland /Fortunate Few /Tempting Fate /Alligator
Jon Spear Band /My Old T-Shirts /B-Side of My Life /self
Chickenbone Slim /Top of the Clouds /Serve It to Me Hot /Vizztone
Ron Thompson /I'm Shaking /Mark Hummel's East Bay Blues Vaults /Electro-Fi
Catfish Keith /Santa Claus Blues /Land of the Sky /Fishtail
Sean Appel /Karma /Bad Apple /self
Southern Avenue /Peace Will Come /Tony Holiday's Porch Sessions v2 /Blue Heart
Saturday Blue Plate Special
Mamie Smith /I Ain't Gonna Give Nobody None of This Jelly Roll /Best of /Columbia
Bobby Leecan /Shortnin' Bread /Suitcase Breakdown /Frog
Memphis Jug Band /Peaches in the Springtime /self titled /Frog
King David's Jug Band /What's This Smell Like Gravy  /Jug Band Blues /Rough Guide
Louis Jordan /Boogie Woogie Blue Plate /1947-1949 /JSP
Joe Morris /Beans and Cornbread /Rhythm and Blues v1 /Membran
Red Rodney /Dig This Menu Please /Okeh R&B Story /Okeh
Big Twist and The Mellow Fellows /Too Much Barbecue /Live from Chicago /Alligator
Lil Ed and The Blues Imperials /title track /Chicken, Biscuits and Gravy /Alligator
Augie Junior /Hot Tub Gumbo /Drinker's Choice /Barrelhouse
Henry Qualls /Squirrel Sandwich /Blues Across America: Dallas /Cannonball
Billy Boy Arnold /Goin' Back to Arkansas /Sings Bill Broonzy /Electro-Fi
Liz Mandeville /Sweet Potato Pie /Clarksdale Sessions /Blue Kitty
Jimmie Bratcher /Bologna Sandwich Man /Secretly Famous /Ain't Skeert
Smokin' Joe Kubek Bnois King /I Ain't Greasin' ?Road Dog's Life /Delta Groove
Dave Duncan  Stan Street /Watermelon. BBQ and Beer /Baptized by the Blues /self
Lex Gray /Chow Down /Usual Suspects /self
Cash Box Kings /Smoked Jowl Blues /Hail to the Kings /Alligator
Mick Kolassa /Sweet Tea /If You Can't be Good, Be Good At It! /Endless Blues
Liz Mandeville /Comfort Food Blues /Playin' with Fire /Blue Kitty
CD Woodbury /Can't Eat That Stuff No More /world's Gone Crazy /self
New on the Menu
Lightnin Malcom /Long Road /Turnt Up on Loud /Shake Down
Luther Guitar Junior Johnson /Mean Old World /Once in a Blue Moon /Crossroads Blues Media
Brewer Phillips /Everyday I Have the Blues /Tearing the Roof Off /JSP
Memphissippi Sounds /Groove With Me /Welcome to the Land /Little Village Foundation
Mick Kolassa /All I Want for Christmas is You /Uncle Mick's Christmas Album /Endless Blues