[Blues-l] PLAYLIST: Cha Cha Cha In Blue, CKUT FM 90, 3 Montreal 20211121

John Detcheverry ckutblue@colba.net
Sun Nov 21 18:45:31 EST 2021

Tonight on Cha Cha Cha In Blue we're still in lockdown and this is my
81st show recorded at home! Let's start by honouring the Maple Blues
Awards nominees for Entertainer Of The Year and Electric Act Of The
Year: David Gogo, Steve Marriner, Dawn Tyler Watson, Samantha Martin &
Delta Sugar, Sue Foley, Jack De Keyzer, and Colin James. Voting is open
until Dec. 1, 2021 at www.mapleblues.ca. On the new release deck this
week we've got Jason Ricci & Joe Krown, blues-roots fiddler Ilana Katz,
and Stacy Mitchhart. In the history part of the show I've got B.B. King,
Big Joe Turner, H-Bomb Ferguson, Scatman Crothers, Harold Burrage,
Fenton Robinson, Big Moose Walker, Bernard Allison, and R.L. Burnside.
We'll close the show with a song from Ben Racine Band in advance of
shows at both Upstairs and L'Aquarium Café Bar. Tune in to CKUT FM90,3
(Montreal) or http://www.ckut.ca (everywhere else) from 9-11 PM. OUR
FUNDRAISER HAS ENDED BUT DON'T LET THAT STOP YOUR GENEROSITY! CHECK OUT
OUR MERCH! CKUT HOODIES $40!!! TURNTABLE SLIPMATS $15!!!  COOL TEES
$20!!! https://www.ckut.ca/en/content/store

running blues radio show
CKUT FM 90,3 Get the 20211121 show from the archives at http://www.ckut.ca

Artist/Album/Song/Label or Distributor
INTRO
ID - Harry Manx

*CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL THE NOMINEES FOR THE MAPLE BLUES AWARDS!**
**...AND THE NOMINEES FOR ELECTRIC ACT AND ENTERTAINER OF THE YEAR  ARE:*
David Gogo/Silver Cup/Whatever I Need To Do/Cordova Bay Records
Steve Marriner/Hope Dies Last/Coal Mine/Stony Plain Records
Dawn Tyler Watson/Mad Love/Bad Seed (Feat. Steve Hill)/Indie
Samantha Martin & Delta Sugar/Run To Me/Good Trouble/Gypsy Soul Records
PSA 17 COVID generic measures fall
PSA Maple Blues Awards - Voting 2021
ID - Victor Wainwright
Sue Foley/Pinky's Blues/Two Bit Texas Town/Stony Plain Records
Jack De Keyzer/Tribute/If My Baby Left Me/Blue Star Records
Colin James/Open Road/As The Crow Flies/Stony Plain Records

*FEATURED NEW RELEASES*
Ricci and Krown/City Country City/Down n' Dirty/Gulf Coast Records
Ricci and Krown/City Country City/Drifting Blues/Gulf Coast Records
Ilana Katz/In My Mind/Downtown With The Devil/Regina Royale Records
AD TRACK 26 The Halluci Nation - Radio Ad
ID - Johnny Burgin
Ilana Katz/In My Mind/Woman, Play the Blues/Regina Royale Records
Stacy Mitchhart/Printers Alley/She Knows What To Do/Indie
Stacy Mitchhart/Printers Alley/I Might Be Your Husband/Indie

*COMMEMORATING BIRTHS, DEATHS, & OTHER NOTABLE EVENTS*
B.B. King/King Of The Blues/Every Day I Have The Blues/MCA Records
Big Joe Turner/Shouting The Blues/Midnight Is Here Again Aka Dawn Is
Breaking Through/Specialty Records
H-Bomb Ferguson/Shouting The Blues/She's Been Gone/Specialty Records
Scatman Crothers/Rock N' Jive/Beale Street On Saturday Night/
AD TRACK 25 Lydium ad Nov 7 - Dec 5
ID - Howard Glazer
Harold Burrage/Chicago Blues Of The 1960's/I Cry For You/Paula Records
Fenton Robinson/Chicago Blues Of The 1960's/Say You're Leavin'/Paula Records
Big Moose Walker/Chicago Blues Of The 1960's/Ramblin' Woman/Paula Records
AD TRACK 55 MANGO BAY 2016 AD
ID - Watermelon Slim_07-low down dirty blues
ID - Reverend Freakchild
Bernard Allison/Ruf Records 25 Years Anniversary/Backdoor Man/Ruf Records
R.L. Burnside/Wish I Was In Heaven Sitting Down/Chain Of Fools/Fat
Possum Records

*APPEARING LIVE* THURS NOV 25 @ UPSTAIRS & SAT NOV 27 @ L'Aquarium Café
Bar 2923 Masson Montreal, QC
Ben Racine Band/Live À Montréal/Grand New Brew (Live Montréal)/Indie
https://www.facebook.com/events/941025856766827/
https://www.facebook.com/events/246973207402570/
-----------------------------
OUR FUNDRAISER HAS ENDED BUT DON'T LET THAT STOP YOUR GENEROSITY! PLEASE
SUPPORT BLUES RADIO AND TRUE DIVERSITY IN PROGRAMMING!
http://funding.ckut.ca/ "Men, Let your wallets flop out! And, Women,
open your purses!" Go to http://ckut.ca/donate and when you see "CHOOSE
A SHOW TO DONATE TO" please scroll down to "Cha Cha Cha In Blue"! And
check out our merch! CKUT HOODIES $40!!! TURNTABLE SLIPMATS $15!!!  COOL
TEES $20!!! https://www.ckut.ca/en/content/store Contact me at
mailto:ckutblue@colba.net <mailto:ckutblue@colba.net>

John Detcheverry mailto:ckutblue@colba.net <mailto:ckutblue@colba.net>
Cha Cha Cha In Blue, CKUT FM 90,3 Montreal Listen Live @