[Blues-l] PLAYLIST: Cha Cha Cha In Blue, CKUT FM 90, 3 Montreal 20211107

John Detcheverry ckutblue@colba.net
Sun Nov 7 18:51:37 EST 2021

Tonight on Cha Cha Cha In Blue we're still in lockdown and this is my
79th show recorded at home! The nominees for the 25th annual Maple Blues
Awards were announced this week and our opening sets provide examples
from two categories - New Artist and Recording/Producer of the Year.
Voting is open until Dec. 1, 2021 at www.mapleblues.ca
<http://www.mapleblues.ca>. Then it's on to a couple of tunes from Colin
James' new cd Open Road. In the history part of the show I've got Bukka
White, Black Ace, Lonnie Pitchford, Tommy Douglas, Hank Garland,
Gatemouth Moore, Mose Allison, Robert Nighthawk, Kenny “Blues Boss”
Wayne, Bobby Rush, and John Hammond. We'll close the show with a song
from Riot AKA Alain Godmer in advance of his Saturday show at L'Aquarium
Café Bar. Tune in to CKUT FM90,3 (Montreal) or http://www.ckut.ca
(everywhere else) from 9-11 PM. OUR FUNDRAISER HAS ENDED BUT DON'T LET
THAT STOP YOUR GENEROSITY! CHECK OUT OUR MERCH! CKUT HOODIES $40!!!
TURNTABLE SLIPMATS $15!!!  COOL TEES $20!!!
https://www.ckut.ca/en/content/store

running blues radio show
CKUT FM 90,3 Get the 20211107 show from the archives at http://www.ckut.ca

Artist/Album/Song/Label or Distributor
INTRO
ID - Harry Manx

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL THE NOMINEES FOR THE MAPLE BLUES AWARDS!
...AND THE NOMINEES FOR RECORDING/PRODUCER OF THE YEAR  ARE:
Colin Linden/bLOW/bLOW/Highway 20 Records
Steve Marriner/Hope Dies Last/Petite Danse/Stony Plain Records
Jack De Keyzer/Tribute/You Turned My World to Blue/Blue Star Records
PSA 03 COVID SYMPTOMS _RADIO
ID - Sue Foley
Sue Foley/Pinky's Blues/Hurricane Girl/Stony Plain Records
Samantha Martin & Delta Sugar/The Reckless One/Don't Have to Be/Gypsy
Soul Records

...AND THE NOMINEES FOR NEW ARTIST OF THE YEAR  ARE:
Beauwater/Who Works For Who?/Flavour Of The Week/Indie
Broke Fuse/Rocket Ride/The Ballad Of Sonny Shade/Indie
Shakey Trill/Shakey Trill/Lighthouse/Indie
Endrick & The Sandwiches/Sunny Soul/Doing Well (Sunny Soul)/Indie
The Lowdown Dirty Mojos/Stone Cold Groovers/Superstition Blues/Indie

FEATURED NEW RELEASE
Colin James/Open Road/Open Road/Stony Plain Records
AD TRACK 24 Referendum Ad
ID - Hitman
Colin James/Open Road/That's Why I'm Crying/Stony Plain Records

COMMEMORATING BIRTHS, DEATHS, & OTHER NOTABLE EVENTS
Bukka White/Legends Of The Blues: Volume 1/Fixin' To Die Blues/Columbia
Records
Black Ace/Blues Masters, Vol. 15: Slide Guitar Classics/I Am The Black
Ace/Rhino Records
Lonnie Pitchford/Roots Of Rhythm And Blues: A Tribute To The Robert
Johnson Era/Come On In My Kitchen/Columbia Records
AD TRACK 11 RIDM_2021_Nov 8 - 22 2eng
ID - Blind Lemon Pledge
Tommy Douglas/Kansas City Blues 1944-49/Leaving Town Blues/Capitol Records
Hank Garland/Top 50 Classics - The Very Best of Hank Garland/Guitar
Shuffle/GRR Music
Gatemouth Moore/Down Home Blues/Did You Ever Love A Woman/Direct Source
Special Products
Mose Allison/The Best of Mose Allison/Your Mind Is On Vacation/Classic
Records
PSA Radio Moon Mental Health PSA
ID - Johnny Burgin
Robert Nighthawk/Black Angel Blues/My Sweet Lovin' Woman/Charly Records
Kenny “Blues Boss” Wayne/Go, Just Do It!/Let The Rock Roll/Stony Plain
Records
Bobby Rush/Sitting On Top Of The Blues/Slow Motion/Deep Rush Records
John Hammond/Ready For Love/Slick Crown Vic/Virgin Records

APPEARING LIVE SAT NOV 13 @ L'Aquarium Café Bar 2923 Masson Montreal, QC
Riot And The Blues Devils/The Roxboro Sessions/Saturday Night Widow/Indie
https://www.facebook.com/events/1209078909614304/
-----------------------------
OUR FUNDRAISER HAS ENDED BUT DON'T LET THAT STOP YOUR GENEROSITY! PLEASE
SUPPORT BLUES RADIO AND TRUE DIVERSITY IN PROGRAMMING!
http://funding.ckut.ca/ "Men, Let your wallets flop out! And, Women,
open your purses!" Go to http://ckut.ca/donate and when you see "CHOOSE
A SHOW TO DONATE TO" please scroll down to "Cha Cha Cha In Blue"! And
check out our merch! CKUT HOODIES $40!!! TURNTABLE SLIPMATS $15!!!  COOL
TEES $20!!! https://www.ckut.ca/en/content/store Contact me at
mailto:ckutblue@colba.net <mailto:ckutblue@colba.net>

--
John Detcheverry