[Blues-l] PLAYLIST: Cha Cha Cha In Blue, CKUT FM 90, 3 Montreal 20211212

John Detcheverry ckutblue@colba.net
Sun Dec 12 18:55:31 EST 2021

Tonight on Cha Cha Cha In Blue we're still in lockdown and this is my
84th show recorded at home! The opening set revisits some of the coolest
new blues we've received recently by Zoom With Shawn Kellerman, Dave
Specter, Colin James, Memphissippi Sounds, and Carolyn Wonderland. The
latest crop of new releases comes from Mississippi MacDonald, Rusty
Ends, and Joseph Veloz. This week's history portion starts and ends with
songs recorded on this very day, December 12 in 1941 and 1967 from
Memphis Minnie and Albert King, respectively. Sandwiched in between are
Big Joe Williams, Lonesome Sundown, Jimmy Nolen, Ike Turner, Pee Wee
Crayton, Lucky Peterson, Keith Richards, Billy Gibbons & Warren Haynes,
and Randy McAllister. We'll close the show with a song from The Stephen
Barry Band in advance of their Friday show at The Wheel Club. Tune in to
CKUT FM90,3 (Montreal) or http://www.ckut.ca (everywhere else) from 9-11
PM. OUR FUNDRAISER HAS ENDED BUT DON'T LET THAT STOP YOUR GENEROSITY!
CHECK OUT OUR MERCH! CKUT HOODIES $40!!! TURNTABLE SLIPMATS $15!!!  COOL
TEES $20!!! https://www.ckut.ca/en/content/store

running blues radio show
CKUT FM 90,3 Get the 20211212 show from the archives at http://www.ckut.ca

Artist/Album/Song/Label or Distributor
INTRO
ID - Harry Manx

INTO THE WILD BLUES YONDER!
Zoom With Shawn Kellerman/Chocolate Cake/Chocolate Cake/Mouhana Music
Dave Specter with Jesse Fortune/Six String Soul: 30 Years On
Delmark/Fortune Tellin Man/Delmark Records
Colin James/Open Road/There's A Fire/Stony Plain Records
Memphissippi Sounds/Welcome to the Land/Look out for the Wolf/Little
Village Foundation
AD TRACK 24 Tame-Impala-Slow-Rush-Tour
ID - Carolyn Wonderland
Carolyn Wonderland/Tempting Fate/Fragile Peace And Certain War/Alligator
Records

FEATURED NEW RELEASES
Mississippi MacDonald/Do Right, Say Right/I Was Wrong/Another Planet Music
Mississippi MacDonald/Do Right, Say Right/Drinker's Blues/Another Planet
Music
Rusty Ends/Rusty Ends Blues Band/What's Next/Earwig Music Company
PSA 03 COVID SYMPTOMS _RADIO_EN
ID - Kim Wilson
Rusty Ends/Rusty Ends Blues Band/The One Wish/Earwig Music Company
Joseph Veloz/Joseph and the Velozians/Pretty Is as Pretty Does
(Featuring Larry McCray)/Big O Records
Joseph Veloz/Joseph and the Velozians/Up in My Ear (Featuring Drew
Abbott)/Big O Records

COMMEMORATING BIRTHS, DEATHS, & OTHER NOTABLE EVENTS
Memphis Minnie/40 Must Have Minnie/Looking the World Over/One Media iP Ltd
Big Joe Williams/Legends Of The Blues: Volume 1/Don't You Leave Me
Here/Columbia Records
Lonesome Sundown/Sound Of The Swamp: The Best Of Excello Records, Vol
1/My Home Is A Prison/Rhino Records
Prison Radio PSA
ID - Reverend Freakchild
Jimmy Nolen/The Rhythm & Blues Years/Strollin' With Nolen [Alt.]/Master
Classics Records
Ike Turner/1951-1954/You're Driving Me Insane (04-?-52)/Classics
Pee Wee Crayton/Pee Wee's Blues: The Complete Aladdin And Imperial
Recordings/Daybreak/Capitol Records
PSA 30 COVID Vaccination 5 - 11 english
ID - Angel Forrest
Lucky Peterson/I'm Ready/Nothing But Smoke/Gitanes Jazz
Keith Richards/Hate It When You Leave/Key To The Highway - Single/Key To
The Highway/Mindless Records
Billy F Gibbons & Warren Haynes/Sing Me Back Home: The Music Of Merle
Haggard/Workin' Man Blues (Live)/Blackbird Production Partners
Randy McAllister/Paperbag Salvation/You're Like Mashed Potatoes/Reaction
Records
Albert King/King Of The Blues Guitar/Cold Feet/ Atlantic Records

APPEARING LIVE FRI DEC 17 @ The Wheel Club 3373 Cavendish, Montreal, QC
Stephen Barry Band/Bluesville/There Was a Time/Disques Bros
https://www.facebook.com/events/446012220304640/
-----------------------------
OUR FUNDRAISER HAS ENDED BUT DON'T LET THAT STOP YOUR GENEROSITY! PLEASE
SUPPORT BLUES RADIO AND TRUE DIVERSITY IN PROGRAMMING!
http://funding.ckut.ca/ "Men, Let your wallets flop out! And, Women,
open your purses!" Go to http://ckut.ca/donate and when you see "CHOOSE
A SHOW TO DONATE TO" please scroll down to "Cha Cha Cha In Blue"! And
check out our merch! CKUT HOODIES $40!!! TURNTABLE SLIPMATS $15!!!  COOL
TEES $20!!! https://www.ckut.ca/en/content/store Contact me at
mailto:ckutblue@colba.net <mailto:ckutblue@colba.net>

-- John Detcheverry mailto:ckutblue@colba.net
<mailto:ckutblue@colba.net> Cha Cha Cha In Blue, CKUT FM 90,3 Montreal