[Blues-l] PLAYLIST: Cha Cha Cha In Blue, CKUT FM 90, 3 Montreal 20211205

John Detcheverry ckutblue@colba.net
Sun Dec 5 19:26:57 EST 2021

Tonight on Cha Cha Cha In Blue we're still in lockdown and this is my
83rd show recorded at home! Let's open by revisiting some of the cool
blues we've received recently by Lachy Doley, Altered Five Blues Band,
Tommy Castro, Jim Casson, and Izzo Blues Coalition. Steve Hill has
extended his Desert Trip with some new songs and I have new singles from
Brother John of The Blues Preachers, Donita Large, and The Marvellous
Hearts. As for new releases I've got Tony Holiday and Luther "Guitar
Junior" Johnson. In the history part of the show I've got Blind John
Davis, Sonny Boy Williamson, Big Walter Horton with Carey Bell, Junior
Wells, Guitar Slim, Hollywood Fats, Little Richard, Louis Prima, Julia
Lee, Jimmy Smith, and Rahsaan Roland Kirk. We'll close the show with a
song from Endrick & The Sandwiches in advance of their Saturday show at
Ausgang Plaza. Tune in to CKUT FM90,3 (Montreal) or http://www.ckut.ca
(everywhere else) from 9-11 PM. OUR FUNDRAISER HAS ENDED BUT DON'T LET
THAT STOP YOUR GENEROSITY! CHECK OUT OUR MERCH! CKUT HOODIES $40!!!
TURNTABLE SLIPMATS $15!!!  COOL TEES $20!!!
https://www.ckut.ca/en/content/store

running blues radio show
CKUT FM 90,3 Get the 20211205 show from the archives at http://www.ckut.ca

Artist/Album/Song/Label or Distributor
INTRO
ID - Harry Manx

LET'S REVISIT SOME DECENT RECENT
Lachy Doley/Studios 301 Sessions/Only Cure For The Blues Is The Blues/Indie
Altered Five Blues Band/Holler If You Hear Me/Guilty of a Good
Time/Blind Pig Records
ID - Tommy Castro
Tommy Castro/Tommy Castro Presents: A Bluesman Came To Town/Blues
Prisoner/Alligator Records
Jim Casson/Davis Hall & The Green Lanterns/White Pigeon/Bluestime
Productions
Izzo Blues Coalition/Take It Or Leave It/Take It Or Leave It/TAB Records

SOME NEW ONE-OFFS
Steve Hill/Desert Trip - Deluxe/Alternate Days/Indie
Brother John/None Of The Above - Single/None Of The Above/Soapbox Records
Donita Large/Ancestors In My Bones - Single/Ancestors In My Bones/Indie
AD TRACK 27 Polo and Pan_Gen Nov 22 - Dec 6
ID - Guy Davis
The Marvellous Hearts/Get Up! - Single/Get Up!/Soapbox Records

FEATURED NEW RELEASES
Tony Holiday/Porch Sessions, Vol. 2/Shes Tuff (Featuring Victor
Wainwright)/Blue Heart Records
PSA 32 COVID Vaccination 5-11 Information
ID - Victor Wainwright
Tony Holiday/Porch Sessions, Vol. 2/Recipe for Love (Featuring Bobby
Rush)/Blue Heart Records
Luther "Guitar Junior" Johnson/Once In A Blue Moon/Fever/Crossroads
Blues Media

COMMEMORATING BIRTHS, DEATHS, & OTHER NOTABLE EVENTS
Blind John Davis/1938/Booze Drinking Benny/da music
Sonny Boy Williamson/Little Boy Blue/Like A Wolf/Blue City Records
Big Walter Horton with Carey Bell/Alligator Records: 50 Years Of Genuine
Houserockin' Music/Have Mercy (Remastered)/Alligator Records
Junior Wells/Messin' With The Kid/Little By Little/Charly Records
Guitar Slim/Sufferin' Mind/The Story of My Life/Specialty Records
Hollywood Fats/Blues by the Pound, Vol. 1 (Live)/Okie Dokie Stomp
(Live)/Topcat Records
Little Richard (W-Johnny Otis Band)/Blues Masters Vol. 14: More Jump
Blues/Little Richard's Boogie/Rhino Records
AD TRACK One Stop Cusine  Radio Ad Official 2
ID - Joel DaSilva
Louis Prima With Sam Butera & The Witnesses/Blues Masters Vol. 14: More
Jump Blues/5 Months, 2 Weeks, 2 Days/Rhino Records
Julia Lee & Her Boy Friends/Kansas City Blues 1944-49/Decent Woman
Blues/Capitol Records
Jimmy Smith/Walk On The Wild Side: Best Of The Verve Years/Organ
Grinder's Swing/Verve Records
Rahsaan Roland Kirk/The Case Of The 3 Sided Dream In Audio Color/High
Heel Sneakers/Atlantic Jazz

APPEARING LIVE SAT DEC 11 @ Ausgang Plaza 6524 St-Hubert Montreal, QC
Endrick & The Sandwiches/Sunny Soul/How Do I Know About SC?/Indie
https://www.facebook.com/events/429857488660734/
-----------------------------
OUR FUNDRAISER HAS ENDED BUT DON'T LET THAT STOP YOUR GENEROSITY! PLEASE
SUPPORT BLUES RADIO AND TRUE DIVERSITY IN PROGRAMMING!
http://funding.ckut.ca/ "Men, Let your wallets flop out! And, Women,
open your purses!" Go to http://ckut.ca/donate and when you see "CHOOSE
A SHOW TO DONATE TO" please scroll down to "Cha Cha Cha In Blue"! And
check out our merch! CKUT HOODIES $40!!! TURNTABLE SLIPMATS $15!!!  COOL
TEES $20!!! https://www.ckut.ca/en/content/store Contact me at
mailto:ckutblue@colba.net <mailto:ckutblue@colba.net>

-- John Detcheverry mailto:ckutblue@colba.net
<mailto:ckutblue@colba.net> Cha Cha Cha In Blue, CKUT FM 90,3 Montreal