[Blues-l] PLAYLIST: Blues Cafe' 4/24/2021

David Carrigan papajoe61@hotmail.com
Sat Apr 24 16:03:49 EDT 2021

My show #1024.  The Saturday Blue Plate Special was the 17th Annual Mudfest tribute to Muddy Waters.  Also a farewell to Paul Oscher.
Papajoe (David Carrigan)
101CAC  Reserve Street
UWSP
Stevens Point WI 54481
715 346 2696
papajoe61@hotmail.c<mailto:papajoe61@hotmail.com>om
listen on the air   www.90fm.org<http://www.90fm.org/>

April 24, 2021
Muddy Waters /Forty Days and Forty Nights /Chess Masters '52-'58 /Chess
This Date in Blues History
1926  Rev. J.M. Gates /Death's Black Train is Coming /His Best /Columbia
1928  Lillian Glinn /Shake It Down /Story of the Blues /Columbia
1945  Henry Rubberlegs Williams /Pointless Mama Blues /Obscure Blues Shouters /Blue Moon
1949  Julia Lee and Her Boyfriends /Chuck It (in a Bucket) /Kansa City Blues /Mercury
1952  John Lee Hooker /Sugar Mama /Best Chess Sides /Chess
1969  Muddy Waters /Honey Bee /Fathers and Sons /Chess
1962  Budd Spudd and The Sprouts /The Mash /Flyin' High /SWMAF
2007  album release Rick Holmstrom /On the Vine /Late in the Night /M.C.
Birthday Girl  Debra Honey Alexander Piazza  70 today!
wi. Rod Piazza /Five Long Years /Essential Collection /Hightone
wi. The Mighty Flyers /Miss Bee-Having /Beyond the Source /Tone Cool
Farewell  Paul Oscher 4/5/50 - 4/18/2021
wi. Otis Spann /I Love theLife I Live /Live the Life /Testament
wi. Muddy Waters /You Don't Have to Go /Live at Mr. Kelly's /Chess
Paul Oscher /title track /Alone with the Blues /Electro-Fi
Paul Oscher /Driftin' Blues /Down in the Delta /Blues Fidelity
Paul Oscher /Blues and Trouble /Cool Cat /Blues Fidelity
New on the Menu
Jimmie Bratcher /Bologna Sandwich Man /I'm hungry /Ain't Skeert Tunes
New Moon Jelly Roll Freedom Rockers /Black Water /Vol. 2 /Stony Plain
Reverend Freakchild /Preachin' the Blues /Supramundane Blues /Treated and Released
Bob Corritore and Friends /title track /Spider in My Stew /SWMAF
Damon Fowler /Taxman /Alifia Moon /Landslide
Halley Devestern Band /Try /Money Ain't Time /self
Saturday Blue Plate Special  17th Annual Mudfest
as by McKinley Morganfield /I Be's Troubled /Complete Plantation Recordings

as by McKinley Morganfield /Take a Little Walk with Me /Complete Plantation Recordings
as James "Sweet Lucy" Carter /Mean Red Spider /1941-1946 /Document
as Muddy Water <sp> wi. Sunnyland Slim /Little Anna Mae /Rare and Unissued /Chess
as Muddy Water <sp> wi. Sunnyland Slim /Gypsy Woman /Real Folk Blues /Chess
Muddy Waters /title track /Rollin' Stone /Chess
Muddy Waters /Soon Forgotten /At Newport 1960 /Chess
Muddy Waters /Hey Hey Baby /Sings Bill Broonzy /Chess
Muddy Waters /Cold Weather Blues /Folk Singer /Chess
Muddy Waters /Long Distance Call /Fathers and Sons /Chess
Muddy Waters /Bus Driver /Hard Again /Blue Sky
Muddy Waters /Howling Wolf /Live in NY '77 /Keyhole
Muddy Waters /Nine Below Zero /Hoochie Coochie Man /Just a Memory
Covers of Muddy's Tunes
Louisiana Red /Rollin' Stone /Best of /Evidence
James Cotton /She Moves Me /Chicago Blues Masters v3 /Capitol
Larry Garner /Champagne and Reefer /Here Today, Gone Tomorrow /Dixie frog
Cash Box Kings /Flood /Royal Mint /Alligator
Bobby Rush /Honey Bee /Rawer Than Raw /Deep Rush
New on the Menu
Gary Moore /title track /How Blue Can You Get /Provogue
Rev. Peyton's Big Damn Band /Ways and Means /Dance Songs for Hard Times /Family Owned
The Hungry Williams /Everybody Loves Me (Why Don't You?) /Brand New Thing /Rochelle
Chris Cain /Too Many Problems /Raisin' Cain /Alligator
Skylar Rogers /Hard Headed Woman /Firebreather /self
Kat Danser /Get Right, Church /One Eye Open /Black Hen