[Blues-l] PLAYLIST: Blues Cafe' 9/19/2020

David Carrigan papajoe61@hotmail.com
Sat Sep 19 12:31:25 EDT 2020

My show #1000.  The Saturday Blue Plate Special was a look back at show # 1.

Papajoe (David Carrigan)

101CAC  Reserve Street
UWSP
Stevens Point WI 54481​
715 346 2696
papajoe61@hotmail.c<mailto:papajoe61@hotmail.com>om
listen on the air   www.90fm.org<http://www.90fm.org/>

September 19, 2020
Muddy Waters /Forty Days and Forty Nights /Fathers and Sons /Chess
This Date in Blues History
1930  Funny Papa Smith /Howling Wolf no. 1 /Southern Country Blues /Star Sounds
1930  St. Louis Bessie /Sugar Man Blues part 1 /Essential Charley Jordan /Classic Blues
1934  Tiny Bradshaw /Shout Sister Shout /Breaking Up the House /Proper
1950  Floyd Dixon /Walkin' and Talkin' Blues /Cocktail Combos /Capitol
1951  Roy Milton  Best Wishes /and His Solid Senders /Specialty
1963  James Cotton /One More Mile /Cadillac Baby's Bea and Baby /Earwig
1975  Johnny Shines /They're Red Hot /Too Wet to Plow /Fat Possum
2001  Alex Schultz wi. Finis Tasby /I Love the Woman /Think About It /Severn
2003  Mark Hummel /100 Years /Blowin' My Horn /Electro-Fi

Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed
All of It Blue! featuring Johnny Nicholas
1974  wi. Boogie Woogie Red /Got to Find My Baby /Live at the Blind Pig /Blind Pig
1977  New Canned Heat Blues /Too Many Bad Habits /People's Label
2001  I'm a Fool to Care /Rockin' My Blues to Sleep /Top Cat
1988  Visitor in My Dreams /Broke Again Top Cat
new   She Stole My Mojo /Mistaken Identity /Valcour

A Blast from the Past  "Generic Blues Names  Smith, Brown and Johnson"
J.L. Smith /If It's Too Late /Rhythm and Blues v4 /Membran
Nappy Brown /The Right Time /Night Time is the Right Time /Savoy Jazz
Robert Johnson /Stones in My Passway /Complete Recordings /Columbia

New on the Menu
Vanessa Collier /Bloodhound /Heart on the Line /Phenix Fire
Peter Parcek /Everybody Ought to Make a Change /Mississippi Suitcase /Lightnin'
New Moon Jelly Roll Freedom Rockers /Pony Blues /Vol. 1 /Stony Plain
Bettye LaVette /Drinking Again /Blackbirds /Verve
Sugar Ray and The Bluetones /title track /Too Far from the Bar /Severn

Saturday Blue Plate Special   A Look Back July 24, 1997, Show #1
Big Time Sarah /Evil Gal Blues /Lay It on 'Em Girls /Delmark
Koko Taylor /You Can Have My Husband /Earthshaker /Alligator
Furry Lewis /John Henry /Beale Street Get-Down /Prestige
Miller Anderson /Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood /Knights of the Round Table /Viceroy
Pat Boyack wi. W.C. Clark /Righteous Love /Super Blue and Funky /Bullseye
Johnny Sansone /The Talkin' is Over (The Walkin' Has Begun) /Crescent City Moon /Bullseye
Johnny Dyer /What's on Your Mind? /Shake It /Black Top
Eddy Clearwater /Party at My House /Mean Case of the Blues /Bullseye
Otis and The Alligators /Bad Barbecue /Serious Allegations /False Dog
John Lee Hooker /Louise, Louise Blues /House of the Blues /Chess
Otis Spann wi. Rice Miller /Had My Fun /Sonny Boy Williamson in Europe /Evidence
Rice Miller /Dissatisfied /Sonny Boy Williamson in Europe /Evidence
Albert King /Don't Throw Your Love on Me So Strong /Thursday Night in San Francisco /Stax
Smokey Wilson /Bar Room Blues /and The William Clark Band /Black Magic
Brewer Phillips /Looking for a Woman /Homebrew /Delmark
Johnny B. Moore /Back Door Friend /Live at Blue Chicago /Delmark
Freddie King /Today I Sing the Blues /Is a Blues Master /Atlantic
Eddie Boyd /title track /Five Long Years /Evidence
Billy Boy Arnold I Ain't Got You /ElDorado Cadilac /Alligator
James Harman //My Little Girl /Two Sides to Every Story /Black Top

Bill Abel /Don't Laugh /Celestial Train /self

New on the Menu
Ron Thompson /Done Got Over It /From the Patio /Little Village Foundation
Eric Johanson /River of Oblivion /Below Sea Level /NOLA Blue
Ronnie Earl /I Shall Not be Moved /Rise Up /Stony Plain