[Blues-l] PLAYLIST: Blues Cafe' 9/5/2020

David Carrigan papajoe61@hotmail.com
Sat Sep 5 14:05:17 EDT 2020

My show #999.  The Saturday Blue Plate Special was blues for the holiday, Labor Day.

Papajoe (David Carrigan)

101CAC  Reserve Street
UWSP
Stevens Point WI 54481​
715 346 2696
papajoe61@hotmail.c<mailto:papajoe61@hotmail.com>om
listen on the air   www.90fm.org<http://www.90fm.org/>

September 5, 2020
Aristocrat record single # 1302
Muddy Waters /Gypsy Woman /Real Folk Blues /Chess
Muddy Waters /Little Annie Mae /Rare and Unissued /Chess
This Date in Blues History
1921  Mamie Smith /Wang Wang Blues /Best of /Columbia
1929  Romeo Nelson /Head Rag Hop /Shake Your Wicked Knees /Yazoo
1935  Joe McCoy as Georgia Pine Boy /The World is a Hard Place to Live In /One in a Hundred /ABM
1941  Rosetta Tharpe wi. Lucky Millinder Orchestra /Shout Sister Shout /1942-1955 /Jasmine
1950 Claudine Clark wi. Tiny Grimes /My Baby's Cool /Come on Daddy /El Toro
1957  Rice Miller /Cross Your Heart /Essential /Chess
1957  Jimmy Reed /Ends and Odds /Very Best of /Rhino
1973  Hound Dog Taylor /Talk to Me Baby /Natural Boogie /Alligator
1975  Rod Piazza /Third Degree /Vintage Live /Tone Cool
1991  Omar and The Howlers /Shake for Me /Live at Paradiso /Bullseye
1991  album release Snooky Pryor /Lovin' You is Killin' Me /Too Cool to Move /Antone's
2001  Jody Williams /Brown Eyes and Big Thighs /Return of a Legend /Evidence

New in the Pantry
album  Billy Boy Arnold /Come Back Baby, I Wish You Would /Jasmine
Little Girl (Can I Go Home with You)
Kissing at Midnight
every Day and Every Night

album  Otis Blackwell /I Sing 'Em and I Write 'Em /Jasmine
Wake Up Fool
Please Help Me Find My Way Home

album  various artists /Hidden Gems from Herald Records
Mr. Stringbean wi. Joe Morris Orchestra /Pass the Juice Miss Lucy
Kitty Noble /Til the Cows Come Home

album  Bobby Parker /Soul of the Blues /Rhythm and Blues
Why Must I Wonder
Born Under a Bad Sign

New on the Menu
Lisa Mann /It's the Monkeys or Me /Old Girl /Jay Ray
Ron Thompson /When You Walk That Walk /Live from the Patio /LVF
Betty LaVette /One More Song /Blackbirds /Verve
Ronnie Earl and The Broadcasters /Higher Love /Rise Up /Stony Plain

Saturday Blue Plate Special  Blues for Labor Day
Lonnie Johnson /Crowing Rooster Blues /Essential /Classic Blues
Hi Henry Brown wi. Charley Jordan /Nut Factory Blues /Essential /Classic Blues
Peetie Wheatstraw /Working on the Project /Essential /Classic Blues
Three Bits of Rhythm /I Used to Work in Chicago /Modern Music - The First Year 1945 /Ace
Jimmy Lewis /Every Sunday Before Monday /Complete Recordings 1947-1955 /New Moon
Rufus Thomas /Night Workin' Blues /The Early Years /Blues City
Eunice Davis /Work, Daddy, Work /Come on Daddy /El Toro
Larry Darnell /Work, Baby, Work /Okeh Rhythm and Blues Story v3 /Okeh
Ashton Savoy /Need Shorter Hours /Bayou Blues Blasters /Ace
Arbee Stidham /Pawnshop Blues /Tired of Wondering /Prestige
Johnny Copeland /Working Man's Blues /Blues Power /Pea-Vine
Sunnyland Slim /Workin' Two Jobs /Be Careful How You Vote /Earwig
Albert Collins /Cash Talkin' (Workingman's Blues) /Cold Snap /Alligator
Harmonica Fats  Bernie Pearl /Every Day is a Working Day for Me /Two Heads are Better... /Bee Bump
Willie King /Ain't Gonna Work /Living in a New World /Rooster
Johnny Dyer  Barry Levenson /Chasing the Money /Hard Times Won /Storyville
Bill Lupkin /Bad Luck /Hard Pill to Swallow /Blue Bella
Eric Jerardi /Double for Half /Everybody's Waiting /Niche
Deb Ryder /Blue Collar Blues /Might Just Get Lucky /self
The Jimmys /What Gives /Hot Dish /Brown Cow
Karen Lovely /Company Graveyard /Ten Miles of Bad Road /self
San Pedro Slim /Low Pay Loser Blues /In Times Like These /Mojo King
Johnny Burgin /I Ain't Gonna be a Workin' Man No More /Neoprene Fedora /West Tone]
B.B. King Blues Band /Pocket Full of Money /The Soul of the King /Ruf

New on the Menu
Crooked Eye Tommy /Baby, Where You Been? /Hot Coffee and Pain /Blue Heart
Eric Johanson /Changes the Universe /Below Sea Level /Gulf Coast
New Moon Jelly Roll Freedom Riders /Night Time /Volume 1 /Stony Plain
Sugar Ray and The Bluetones /My Next Door Neighbor /Too Far from the Bar /Severn