[Blues-l] PLAYLIST: Blues Cafe' 10/10/2020

David Carrigan papajoe61@hotmail.com
Sat Oct 10 12:16:07 EDT 2020

My show #1002.  The Saturday Blue Plate Special was blues about the back door man.

Papajoe (David Carrigan)

101CAC  Reserve Street
UWSP
Stevens Point WI 54481​
715 346 2696
papajoe61@hotmail.c<mailto:papajoe61@hotmail.com>om
listen on the air   www.90fm.org<http://www.90fm.org/>

October 10, 2020
Aristocrat 1306
Muddy Waters /Whiskey Blues /More Real Folk Blues /Chess
Muddy Waters /Train Fare Home /More Real Folk Blues /Chess
This Date in Blues History
1927  Jim Jackson /Jim Jackson's Kansas City Blues /Blues Masters: Memphis /Rhino
1928  William Harris /I'm a Roamin' Gambler /Classic Blues Songs from the '20s v16 /Blues Images
1935  Robert Wilkins /New Stockyard Blues /Masters of Memphis Blues box/ JSP
1944  T-Bone Walker /I'm Still in Love with You /The Beginning 1929-1946 /EPM
1946  Louis Jordan /Jack, You're Dead /1944-1946 /JSP
1947  Memphis Slim /Throw This Poor Dog a Bone /Complete Recordings v2 /EPM
1949  Jimmy McCracklin /Hamburger Joint /Modern Recordings 1948-1950 /Ace
1952  Eddie Boyd /Hard Time Getting' Started /Chess Blues v2 /Chess
1976  Muddy Waters /Mannish Boy /Hard Again /Blue Sky
2000  Big Jack Johnson /Don't Care Nothing /Memphis Barbecue Sessions /M.C.
2005  Chris Thomas King /Baptized in Dirty Water /Rise /21st Century

Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed
All of it Blue!  featuring Nora Jean Bruso
old  wi. Jimmy Dawkins /Oh My Love /The Leric Records Story /Delmark
borrowed from Etta James /I'd rather Go Blind /Sings the Blues /Red House
Miss Mae's Juke Joint /Goin' Back to Mississippi /Severn
new  Rag and a Bucket /Blues Woman /Severn

New on the Menu
Dave Riley  Bob Corritore /title track /Travelin' the Dirt Road /SWMAF
Bobby Rush /Hard Times /Rawer Than Raw /Deep Rush
Charlie Musselwhite  Elvin Bishop /Good Times /100 Years of Blues /Alligator
Kim Wilson /Fine Little Woman /Take Me Back! The Bigtone Sessions /M.C.
(John Lee) Sonny Boy Williamson /Good Morning Schoolgirl/ Classic Blues Songs from the '20s-'50s v18 /Blues Images
Ben Levin /Stuck /Carryout or Delivery /Vizztone

Saturday Blue Plate Special  "Back Door Blues"
Ma Rainey /Big Boy Blues /Complete Recordings v2 /King Jazz
Emery Glen /Back Door Blues /A Richer Tradition: Country Blues /JSP
Blind Blake /Back Door Slam /All the Published Sides vC /JSP
Whistlin' Alex Moore /They May Not be My Toes /Roots 'n Blues Retrospectives v2 /Columbia
Scrapper Blackwell /Back Door Blues /Virtuoso Guitar of /Yazoo
J.D. Short as Joe Stone /Back Door Blues /Classic Blues Songs from the '20s v17 /Blues Images
Blind Boy Fuller /If You Don't Give Me What I Want /1935-1938 /JSP
Casey Bill Weldon /Back Door Blues /Guitar Swing /Catfish
(John Lee) Sonny Boy Williamson /Coal and Iceman Blues /Broken Heart Blues /History
Memphis Slim Quartet /Kilroy Has Been Here /Complete Recordings v2 /EPM
Elmore James /title track /Whose Muddy Shoes /Chess
Howlin' Wolf /Back Door Man /self titled remastered /Hoodoo
Al Kooper  Mike Bloomfield /One Way Out /Lost Concert Tapes /Columbia
Frank Frost /title track /Midnight Prowler /Earwig
William Clarke /My Dog Don't Bark /Tip of the Top /King Ace
Omar and The Howlers /Midnight Ramblin' Man /Muddy Springs Road /Water Melon
James Harman /Back Door Rhumba /Blues Harp Meltdown v1 /Mountain Top
Alberta Adams /He May be Your Man /Live "AA" /East Lawn
Candye Kane /Who's Been Sleepin' in My Bed? /Superhero /Delta Groove
Rick Estrin /Too Close Together /You Asked for It...Live /Alligator
Oscar Wilson wi. Bob Corritore Tell Me Mama /Don't Let the Devil Ride /SWMAF

New on the Menu
New Moon Jelly Roll Freedom Riders /Come on Down to My House /Volume One /Stony Plain
Johnny Iguana /Burning Fire /Chicago Spectacular /Delmark
Ronnie Earl and The Broadcasters /Mess Around /Rise Up /Stony Plain
Sugar Ray and The Bluetones /My Next Door Neighbor /Too Far from the Bar /Severn
Johnny Nicholas /Highway 190 /Mistaken Identity /Valcour