[Blues-l] PLAYLIST: Blues Cafe' 10/03/2020

David Carrigan papajoe61@hotmail.com
Sat Oct 3 13:18:14 EDT 2020

My show #1001.  The Saturday Blue Plate Special was theme riven tuneage about birds.

Papajoe (David Carrigan)

101CAC  Reserve Street
UWSP
Stevens Point WI 54481​
715 346 2696
papajoe61@hotmail.c<mailto:papajoe61@hotmail.com>om
listen on the air   www.90fm.org<http://www.90fm.org/>

October 3, 2020
Aristocrat 1311
Muddy Waters /Canary Bird /Real Folk Blues /Chess
Muddy Waters /Little Geneva /Real Folk Blues /Chess
This Date in Blues History
1927  Rev. J.M. Gates /The End of the World and Time Will be No More /Best of /Columbia
1934  Tiny Bradshaw /I Ain't Got Nobody /Breakin' Up the House /Proper
1946  Blu Lu Barker /Buy Me Some Juice /Don't You Feel My Leg /Delmark
1949  Smokey Hogg /Every Morning at Sunrise /Angels in Harlem /Specialty
1953  Doctor Ross /Come Back Baby /Sun Blues box v4 /Bear Family
1956  Jimmy Reed /You Got Me Dizzy /I'm Jimmy Reed /Charly
1968  Big George Smith /Last Night /Chicago Blues Masters v3 /Capitol
1995  Gary Primich /Let Me Go Home Whiskey /Mr. Freeze /Flying Fish
2011  release Catfish Keith /Put on a Buzz /Reefer Hound /Fish Tail

Birthday Boy Billy Branch  69 today!
wi. The Highway Man /Louise, Louise Blues /Chico Chism's West Side Chicago Blues Party /SWMAF
wi. S.o.Bs./Don't Start Me to Talkin' /Chicago's Young Blues Generation /Evidence
Billy Branch /Slow Moe /Blues Shock /Blind Pig
Billy Branch /Blue and Lonesome /Roots and Branches /Alligator

Birthday Boy  Stevie Ray Vaughan
wi. Mark Benno and the Nightcrawlers /Lonesome Ride /Crawlin /Black Skunk
SRV and Double Trouble /title track /Texas Flood /Epic
wi. Albert King /Pride and Joy /In Session /Stax
SRV speaks /In Step Epic
Stevie Ray Vaughan /Life Without You /In Step /Epic

New on the Menu
Bobby Rush /Sometimes I Wonder /Rawer Than Raw /Deep Rush
New Moon Jelly Roll Freedom Riders /K.C. Moan /Volume 1 /Stony Plain
Peter Parcek /Beyond Here Lies Nothin' /Mississippi Suitcase /Lightnin
Johnny Nicholas /title track /Mistaken Identity /Valcour
Nora Jean Wallace /Martell /Blues Woman /Severn
Johnny Iguana /44 Blues /Chicago Spectacular /Delmark

Saturday Blue Plate Special "A Little Birdie Told Me"
Sleepy John Estes /Diving Duck Blues /Someday Baby Blues /Snapper
Robert Lee McCoy /Prowlin' Nighthawk /Bluebird Recordings /RCA
Sonny Boy Williamson /Bluebird Blues /Bluebird Recordings 1937-1938 /RCA
Rudy Green and His Orchestra /Buzzard Pe /Night Train to Nashville /CMF
Big Sis Andrews /Fly, Fly, Fly /Capitol Blues and Boogie v1 /Capitol
Tiny Kennedy /Early in the Morning, Baby /Strange Kind of Feeling /Alligator
Big Joe Turner /Chicken and the Hawk /Very Best of /Rhino
Big Maybelle /A Little Bird Told Me / Candy /Savoy Jazz
Howlin' Wolf /Bluebird Blues /Down Home Blues: Chicago v5 /Weinerworld
Jim Sweeney /The Buzzard and the Owl /Midnite Blues Party v1 /Electro-Fi
Johnny Winter /Road Runner /Winter Essentials /Fuel
Gatemouth Brown /May the Bird of Paradise Fly Up Your Nose /San Antonio Ballbuster /Charly
Tabby Thomas /Mr. Buzzard /Greatest Hits /Blue Beat
Mighty Joe Young /Chicken Heads /self titled /Blind Pig
Eddie Burns /Blue Jay /Detroit /Evidence
Buster Benton /Little Bluebird /I Like to Hear My Guitar Sing /Ichiban
Nappy Brown /Chickadee /Aw Shucks /Ichiban
Guy Davis /If I Could Fly Like an Eagle /You Don't Know My Mind /Red House
Big Al Blake /I am the Hummingbird /Magic Soul Elixir /Soul Sanctuary
Big Jack Johnson /Hummingbird /Memphis Barbecue Sessions /M.C.
John Long /Red Hawk /Stand Your Ground /Delta Groove

New on the Menu
Bettye Lavette /title track /Blackbirds /Verve
Sugar Ray and The Bluetones /Too Little, Too Late /Too Far from the Bar /Severn
Vanessa Collier /Freshly Squozen /Heart on the Line /Phenix Fire
Ronnie Earl and The Broadcasters /Blues for George Floyd /Rise Up /Stony Plain