[Blues-l] PLAYLIST: Blues Cafe 5/23/2020

David Carrigan papajoe61@hotmail.com
Sat May 23 14:03:58 EDT 2020

My show #985.  The Saturday Blue Plate Special was theme driven about loneliness.

Papajoe (David Carrigan)

101CAC  Reserve Street
UWSP
Stevens Point WI 54481​
715 346 2696
papajoe61@hotmail.c<mailto:papajoe61@hotmail.com>om
listen on the air   www.90fm.org<http://www.90fm.org/>

May 23, 2020
Muddy Waters /Lonely Man Blues /I'm Ready /Blue Sky
This Date in Blues History
1931  Beans Hambone  El Morrow /Beans /A Richer Tradition box /JSP
1939  Bukka White as Washington Barrelhouse White /Po' Boy /Screamin' and Hollering' the Blues v6 /Revenant
1941  Brownie McGhee /Million Lonesome Women /Sonny Terry Brownie McGhee box /JSP
1955  Smiley Lewis /I Hear You Knocking /New Orleans Rhythm and Blues /Jasmine
1956  Cal Green /I Can My Baby Calling /West Coast Guitar Killers v2 /El Segundo
1956  Harold Tidwell /Sweet Suzie /Blues from C.J. Records /Wolf
1964  Big Walter /I'm in the Mood /I Blueskvarter /Jefferson
1999  release T-Model Ford /Take a Ride with Me /She Ain't None of Your'n /Fat Possum
2010  Peaches Staten /I'd Rather Go Blind /Live at Legends /Swississippi
2013  release Deb Ryder /Bad Bad Dream /Might Just Get Lucky /Bejeb

Farewell Lucky Peterson 12/3/64 - 5/17/2020
James Peterson /Shoe on the Other Foot /Preachin' the Blues /Waldoxy
James Peterson /Call Before You Come Home /Too Many Knots /Ichiban
wi. Otis Rush (sorta) /Hold that Train, Conductor /Lost in the Blues /Alligator
Lucky Peterson /Tribute to the King /I'm Ready /Verve
Lucky Peterson /Nothing but Smoke /I'm Ready /Verve
Lucky Peterson /title track /The Son of a Bluesman /Jazz Village

New on the Menu
Rockin' Johnny /Sunnyland /No Border Blues Japan /Delmark
Andrew Alli /One More Chance /Hard Workin' Man /Eller Soul
Alex Dixon /Nothing New Under the Sun /The Real McCoy /Dixon Landing
The Nighthawks /I Hate a Nickel /Tryin' to Get to You /Eller Soul
Lindsey Alexander /Goin' Out Walkin' /Live at Rosa's /Delmark

Saturday Blue Plate Special  "Blue and Lonesome"
Ma Rainey /Nighttime Blues /Complete Collection v2 /King Jazz
Ida Cox wi. Papa Charlie Jackson /How Long Daddy, How Long? /The Music of Papa Charlie Jackson box /JSP
Barbecue Bob / Barbecue Blues /Chocolate to the Bone /Yazoo
Blind Lemon Jefferson /Lonesome House Blues /Black Snake Moan /Snapper
Casey Bill Weldon /Blues Everywhere I Go /Essential /Classic Blues
Robert Nighthawk /Lonesome World /Bluebird Recordings '37-'38 /RCA
(John Lee) Sonny Boy Williamson /Bluebird Blues /Bluebird Recordings '37-'38 /RCA
T-Bone Walker /Evening /The Beginning 1929-1946 /EPM
Charles Brown /Tonight I'm Alone /1944-1945 /Classics
Julia Lee /Tonight's the Night /That's What I Like /Mercury
Roosevelt Sykes /West Helena Blues /Chicago Bound /Delmark
Little Willie Littlefield /Til We Meet Again /Kat on the Keys /Ace
Johnny Fuller /Garden of Memories /California Blues /Jasmine
Elmore James /Something Inside Me /King of the Slide Guitar v1 /Capricorn
James Cotton /Decoration Day /Chicago Blues Harmonica /Wolf
Bobby Bland /Stormy Monday Blues /Greatest Hits Duke Recordings /MCA
Big Mama Thornton /My Heavy Load /In Europe /Arhoolie
Blues Magoos /Sometimes I Think About /Psychedelic Lollipop /Collectables
Butterfield Blues Band /Morning Blues /Elektra Anthology v2 /Elektra
Fenton Robinson /Somebody Loan Me a Dime /The Devil's Music v1 /Indigo
Jelly Roll Kings /Mighty Long Time /Rockin' the Juke Joint Down /Earwig
Candye Kane /Walkin' Talkin' Haunted House /Sister Vagabond /Delta Groove

New on the Menu
Ben Rice  RB Stone /Hey Politician /Out of the Box /Middle Mountain Music
John Primer  Bob Corritore /title track /The Gypsy Woman Told Me /SWMAF
Reverend Freakchild /I Know You Rider /Bodhisattva Blues /Treated and Released