[Blues-l] PLAYLIST: Blues Cafe' 5/9/2020

David Carrigan papajoe61@hotmail.com
Sat May 9 15:46:23 EDT 2020

My show #983.  The Saturday Blue Plate Special was inspired by the large number of stay at home live performances lately. Today's special today was all live performances.

Papajoe (David Carrigan)

101CAC  Reserve Street
UWSP
Stevens Point WI 54481​
715 346 2696
papajoe61@hotmail.c<mailto:papajoe61@hotmail.com>om
listen on the air   www.90fm.org<http://www.90fm.org/>

April 25, 2020
Muddy Waters /Howling Wolf /Live in NY '77 /Keyhole
This Date in Blues History
1929  Papa Eggshell wi. Henry Brown /Stomp 'em Down to the Bricks /Shake Your Wicked Knees /Yazoo
1939  Curtis Jones wi. Charlie McCoy /Palace Blues /Jackson Stomp /Nehi
1940  Jazz Gillum /Key to the Highway /When the Sun Goes Down v3 /Bluebird
1940  Lil Green /What Have I Done /1940 -1941 /Classics
1949  Lonnie Johnson /You Take Romance /Blues Stay Away from Me /Jasmine
1956  Little Richard /Rip It Up /Essential /Specialty
2004  Willie King /Troubles to the Wind /Jukin' at Bettie's /Freedom Creek
2008  Mannish Boys wi. Johnny Dyer /Everything's Gonna be Alright /Live at Ground Zero /Delta Groove

Birthday Boys
A.C. Reed nee Aaron Corthen 1926 Wardell MO
This Little Voice wi. Earl Hooker /Blue Guitar /Paula
title track /Junk Food /Delmark

Robert H-Bomb Ferguson 1929 Charleston SC
Hard Lovin' Woman /Rock H-Bomb Rock /Big Bang
Over You, Losin' My Mind /Wiggin' Out /Earwig

Steady Rollin' Bob Margolin 1949 Boston MA  71 today!
Messin' with the Man wi. Muddy Waters Tribute Band /You're Gonna Miss Me /Telarc
Fine Little Mama wi. Clay Swafford /Rooster /Lost Cause

New on the Menu
Reverend Freakchild /Can't be Satisfied /Bodhisattva Blues /Treated and Released
Watermelon Slim /Oklahoma Blues /Travelin' Man /NorthernBlues
John Blues Boyd /49 Years /What My Eyes Have Seen.../Gulf Coast
John Primer  Bob Corritore /Walking the Back Streets Crying /The Gypsy Woman Told Me /SWMAF
RB Stone  Ben Rice /The Swamp East Boogie /Out of the Box /Middle Mountain Music
Anni Piper /Two's Company /Blow Up Doll /Sugar Daddy
Liz Mandeville /I Just Cry /Playing with Fire /Blue Kitty
Nighthawks /Tell Me What I Did Wrong /Tryin' to Get to You /Eller Soul

Saturday Blue Plate Special  "Blues Alive"
Albert Ammons /Monday Struggle /Boogie Woogie Stomp /Delmark
Dinah Washington /Cool Kind Papa /Gene Norman's Blues Jubilees /GNP
Big Bill Broonzy /Keep Your Hands Off Her /Black, Brown and White /Evidence
Memphis Slim /How Long, How Long Blues /Chicago Blues Masters /Capitol
Lightnin' Hopkins /Big Car Blues /Blues Hoot /DCC
Billy Boy Arnold /I Hear My Black Name Ringing /Rare Chicago Blues /Bullseye
Robert Nighthawk /Going Down to Eli's /Live on Maxwell Street /Rounder
Son House /Death Letter Blues /Newport Folk Festival /Vanguard
Muddy Waters /Honey Bee /Authorized Bootleg: Fillmore Auditorium /Geffen
Big Mama Thornton /Backdoor Blues /Spirituals to Swing /Columbia
Janis Joplin /Ball and Chain /Live at Hinterland Columbia
Otis Spann /Hotel Lorraine /Rare Chicago Blues /Bullseye
Big Boy Crudup /So Glad You're Mine /Ann arbor Blues Festival /Third Man
Hound Dog Taylor /She's Gone /Release the Hound /Alligator
Koko Taylor /I Got What It Takes /Got What it Takes /Chess
Boogie Woogie Red /The Reefer Song /Live at The Blind Pig /Blind Pig
Otis Rush /I Can't Quit You Baby /So Many Roads /Delmark
Freddie King /You Can Run but You Cannot Hide /Larger than Life /RSO
Fabulous Thunderbirds /Matilda /Different Tacos /Country Town
Etta James /I'd Rater Go Blind /Live from San Francisco /On the Spot

New on the Menu
Sass Jordan /Too Much Alcohol /Rebel Moon Blues /Stony Plain
Andrew Alli /Texas Woman /Hard Workin' Man /Eller Soul
The Proven Ones /I Ain't Goof for Nothin' /You Ain't Done /Gulf Coast
B.B. and the Blues Shacks /One More Drink /Dirty Thirty /Rhythm Bomb