[Blues-l] PLAYLIST: Blues Cafe' 3/21/2020

David Carrigan papajoe61@hotmail.com
Sat Mar 21 12:52:28 EDT 2020

My show #979.  The Saturday Blue Plate Special was tuneage about the stranger; seeing one and being one.

Papajoe (David Carrigan)

101CAC  Reserve Street
UWSP
Stevens Point WI 54481​
715 346 2696
papajoe61@hotmail.c<mailto:papajoe61@hotmail.com>om
listen on the air   www.90fm.org

March 21, 2020
Muddy Waters /Everthing's Gonna be Alright /Unk in Funk /Chess
This Date in Blues History
1929  Louisiana Jug Band /Don't Drink It in Here /Jug Band Blues /Rough Guide
1936  Oscar Woods /Don't Sell It, Don't Give It Away /Southern Country Blues /Star Sounds
1949  Louise Blue Lu Barker /Loan Me Your Husband /Capitol Blues 'n Boogie /Capitol
1955  Big Maybelle /Whole Lot of Shakin' Goin' On /Complete Okeh Recordings /Okeh
1960  Hound Dog Taylor /My Baby's Coming Home /Cadillac Baby's Bea and Baby v2 /Earwig
2007  Kilborn Alley Blues Band /Fire with Fire /Tear Chicago Down /Blue Bella
2009  Taildragger /Wander /Live at Rooster's Lounge /Delmark

Birthday Boys and Girl
Armenter Chatmon aka Bo Carter 3/21/1893 Bolton MS
wi. Mississippi Sheiks /West Jackson Blues /Best of /Columbia
as Bo Carter /Twist It Baby /1931-1940 /Yazoo
Eddie Son House 3/21/1902  Riverton MS
Mississippi County Farm Blues /Classic Blues Songs from the 20's 4 /Blues Images
Shetland Pony Blues /Delta Blues /Biograph
Lula Reed  3/21/26  Mungo Junction OH
title track /I'll Drown in My Tears Ace
wi. Freddy King /(Let Your Love) Watch Over Me /Takin' Care of Business V2 /Bear Family
Otis Spann 3/21/1930  Jackson MS
title track /Good Morning Mr. Blues /Analogue Productions
Blues is a Botheration /Cryin' Time /Vanguard

New on the Menu
Rory Block /title track /Prove It on Me /Stony Plain
John Blues Boyd /In My Blood /"What My Eyes Have Seen..." /Gulf Coast
Mark Hummel /Hello Stranger /Wayback Machine /Electro-Fi
Ben Rice  RB Stone /Hoodoo Workin' Overtime /Out of the Box /Middle Mountain Music
Sass Jordan /One Way Out /Rebel Moon Blues /Stony Plain
Chickenbone Slim /Tougher Than That /Sleeper /Low-Fi-Mob

Saturday Blue Plate Special  "The Stranger"
Willie Harris /Never Drive a Stranger from Your Door /A Richer Tradition box Vol. C /JSP
Mississippi Sheiks /Still I'm Travelin' On /Best of /Columbia
Casey Bill Weldon /I'm a Stranger in Your Town /Guitar Swing /Catfish
Ralph Willis /Just a Note /v1 1944-1951 /Document
Big Bill Bronzy /Lowland Blues /Black, Brown and White /Evidence
Grace Brim /Strange Man /Detroit Blues box /JSP
Rosco Gordon /Just in from Texas /Bootin' /Ace
Leroy Washington /Hello Stranger /Louisiana Bayou Rockers /Excello
Lightnin' Slim /Rocky Mountain Blues /I'm Evil /Excello
Tampa Red /I'm a Stranger /Don't tampa with the Blues (lp) /Bluesville
Hop Wilson /I'm a Stranger /Houston Ghetto Blues /Bullseye
Elmore James /Stranger Blues /King of the Slide Guitar v1 /Capricorn
Junior Wells /I'm a Stranger /1957-1963 /Paula
Charlie Musselwhite /Strange Land /Stand Back! /Vanguard
Charlie Musselwhite /I'm a Stranger /Tennessee Woman /Vanguard
Buddy Guy /You Don't Know How I Feel /Live at The Checkerboard /JSP
Eddie Burns /Kid Man /Detroit /Evidence
James Harman /Stranger Blues /Do Not Disturb /Black Top
Gary Primich /Lonesome Stranger /My Pleasure /Amazing
Harry Manx /Good Morning Stranger /Dog My Cat /NorthernBlues

New on the Menu
B.B. and The Blues Shacks /I Run for You /Dirty Thirty /Rhythm Bomb
Liz Mandeville /Comfort Food Blues /Playing with Fire /Blue Kitty
Watermelon Slim /Freightliner Blues /Travelin' Man /NorthernBlues
Richard Ray Farrell /Everything's Right /Three Pints of Gin /Blue Beet
Lisa Mills /I'd Rather Go Blind /The Triangle /Melody Place
Roomful of Blues /What Can I Do? /In a Roomful of Blues /Alligator