[Blues-l] PLAYLIST: Blues Cafe' 3/14/2020

David Carrigan papajoe61@hotmail.com
Sat Mar 14 14:15:59 EDT 2020

My show #978.  The Saturday Blue Plate Special was part two of tuneage about undying love.  Also a farewell to Charlie Baty.

Papajoe (David Carrigan)

101CAC  Reserve Street
UWSP
Stevens Point WI 54481​
715 346 2696
papajoe61@hotmail.c<mailto:papajoe61@hotmail.com>om
listen on the air   www.90fm.org

March 14, 2020
Chess single # 1490
Muddy Waters /Early Morning Blues /More Real Folk Blues /Chess
Muddy Waters /She Moves Me /EP Collection /See for Miles
This Date in Blues History
1927  Blind Lemon Jefferson /Matchbox Blues /Southern Country Blues /Star Sounds
1929  Hambone Willie Newbern /Roll and Tumble Blues /Roots of Robert Johnson /Yazoo
1932  Hi Henry Brown /Titanic /Classic Blues Songs from the 20's v10 /Blues Images
1932  J.D. Short /Snake Doctor Blues /fr. Henry Townsend Henry's Worry Blues /Catfish
1938  Jazz Gillum /Gillum's Windy Blues /Bluebird Recordings '34-'38 /RCA
1938  Tampa Red /We Gonna Get High Together /Bluebird Recordings /'36'-'38 /RCA
1947  Merline Johnson /Bad Whiskey Blues /The Yas Yas Girl /Wolf
1950  Roosevelt Sykes /West Helena Blues /Chicago Boogie /Delmark

Farewell Charlie Baty 7/10/53 - 3/6/20
wi. The Nightcats /Right Around the Corner /All the Way Crazy /Alligator
wi. The Nightcats /I'll Take You Back /Alligator 30th Anniversary /Alligator
wi. The Nightcats /Jump Start /The Big Break /Alligator
wi. The Nightcats /Rain /Captured Live! /Alligator
wi. The Nightcats /Buzzsaw /Night Vision /Alligator
Charlie Baty /Cobalt Blues /Skronky Tonk /Eller Soul

New on the Menu
Richard Ray Farrell /He's in the Jailhouse Now /Three Pints of Gin /Blue Beet
Lisa Mills /That's How Strong My Love Is /The Triangle /Melody Place
Chickenbone Slim /Vampire Baby /Sleeper /Lo-Fi-Mob
B.B. and the Blues Shacks /Sweet Temptation Blues /Dirty Thirty /Blues Bomb
Rory Block /Milk Man Blues /Prove It on Me /Stony Plain
Ryan Perry /title track /High Risk, Low Reward /Ruf
Sass Jordan /Leavin' Trunk /Rebel Moon Blues /Stony Plain
John Blues Boyd /That Singing Roofer /"What My Eyes Have Seen..." /Gulf Coast
Roomful of Blues /Phone Zombies /In a Roomful of Blues /Alligator

Saturday Blue Plate Special  "Undying Blues"  part 2
Walter Davis /Jacksonville part 1 /Essential /Classic Blues
Tommy McClennan /My Little Girl /Bluebird Recordings '39-'42 /RCA
Lil Green /If I Don't Have You /Chronological /Classic Blues
Ivory Joe Hunter /Blues at Sunrise /Essential /Indigo
Gatemouth Brown /Without Me Baby /His First Recordings /EPM
Goree Carter /Drunk or Sober /Complete Recordings /Blue Moon
Clarence Garlow /I'm Hurt /self titled /La Cienega
Frank Frost /Didn't Mean No Harm /Jelly Roll King /Charly
Honeyboy Edwards /Hot Springs Arkansas Blues /Don't Mistreat a Fool /Adelphi
Big John Wrencher /Where Did You Stay Last Night /Big John's Boogie Plus /Castle
Joe Carter /Treat Me the Way You Do /Mean and Evil Blues /P-Vine
Etta James /Blind Girl /Deep in the Night /Bullseye
Doug Sahm /You Give Me Nothing but the Blues /Hell of a Spell /Takoma
Sam Myers and Anson Funderburgh /Life Problem /My Love is Here to Stay /Black Top
Doyle Bramhall /Other Side of Love /Bird Nest on the Ground /Antones
Darrell Nulisch /Pouring Water on a Drowning Man /Business as Usual /Black Top
Jimmie Vaughan /Don't Cha Know /Strange Pleasure /Epic
Henry Gray /How Could You Do It /Plays Chicago Blues /High Tone
Omar Kent Dykes  Jimmie Vaughan /I'll Change My Style /On the Jimmy Reed Highway /Ruf

New on the Menu
Ben Rice  RB Stone /Train of Time /Out of the Box /Middle Mountain Music
Casey Hensley /Don't Want It to Stop /Good as Gone /Vizztone
Mark Hummel /Reefer Headed Woman /Wayback Machine /Electro-Fi