[Blues-l] PLAYLIST: Blues Cafe' 7/25/2020

David Carrigan papajoe61@hotmail.com
Sat Jul 25 13:55:01 EDT 2020

My show #994.  The Saturday Blue Plate Special was theme driven tuneage about desire in relationships.  It's the "I Want You Blues", easily one of the more popular themes in music.

Papajoe (David Carrigan)

101CAC  Reserve Street
UWSP
Stevens Point WI 54481​
715 346 2696
papajoe61@hotmail.c<mailto:papajoe61@hotmail.com>om
listen on the air   www.90fm.org<http://www.90fm.org/>

July 25, 2020
Aristocrat record # 994
Muddy Waters /Can't be Satisfied /Chess Blues box v1 /Chess
Muddy Waters /Feel Like Goin' Home /Chess Blues box v1 /Chess

This Date in Blues History
1930  Arthur Petties /That Won't Do /Mississippi Blues /Catfish
1935  Rev. Gary Davis /I am the Light of the World /American Epic v3 /Columbia
1935  Blind Boy Fuller /Rag Mama Rag /1935-1938 /JSP
1950  Roy Milton /Oh Babe! /and His Solid Senders /Specialty
1951  Tiny Bradshaw /The Train Kept a'Rollin' /Walk That Mess! /West Side
1952  Little Esther /Hollerin' and Screaming' /Ain't Gonna Hush /Fantastic Voyage
1955  Amos Milburn /I Guess I'll Go /Blues, Barrelhouse and Boogie Woogie /Capitol
1961  Earl King /It's Wrong /Complete Imperial Recordings /Imperial
1961  Freddie King /Swooshy /Taking Care of Business v2 /Bear Family
1965  Son House /Death Letter Blues /Newport Folk Festival v1 /Vanguard
1965  Butterfield Blues Band /Blues with a Feeling /Newport Folk Festival /Vanguard
2000  release Smokey Wilson /Talk to Me /More Blues from the South Side /South Side
2001  release Francine Reed /Stop Me! Before I Love Again /I Got a Right /CMO

Farewell Bobby Jones 1/2/35 - 7/21/2020
wi Mannish Boys /California Blues /Big Plans /Delta Groove
Bobby Jones /She's the One /Comin' Back Hard /Delta Groove
Bobby Jones /How Long Will It Last /Comin' Back Hard /Delta Groove
Bobby Jones /Mary Jane /Live at Ground Zero v2 /Delta Groove
wi Mannish Boys /Need My Baby /Lowdown Feelin' /Delta Groove
wi Mannish Boys /Hey Now /Shake for Me /Delta Groove

New on the Menu
Sam Joyner /title track /When U Need a Friend /self
Victor Wainwright and The Train /Disappear /Memphis Loud /Ruf
JD Taylor /Get Me Where You Want Me /Coldwater Sessions /Vizztone

Saturday Blue Plate Special  "I Need You Blues"
Alberta Hunter /Early Every Morn /The 20's and 30's /Jass
Papa Charlie Jackson /Butter and Egg Man Blues /The Music of Vol. B /JSP
Hokum Boys /Put Your Mind On It /You Can't Enough of That Stuff /Yazoo
Charlie Spand /Moanin' the Blues /Boogie Woogie Pioneers /Document
Irene Scruggs /You've Got What I Want /Classic Blues Songs from the 20's vol.12 /Blues Images
Bo Carter /Ants in My Pants /Banana in My Fruit Basket /Yazoo
Monkey Joe /Preach, Pray and Moan /Jackson Stomp /Nehi
Georgia White /Rock Me Daddy /Chronological v3 /Document
John Lee Sonny Boy Williamson /Good Gravy /Broken Heart Blues /History
Louis Jordan /Knock Me a Kiss /1941-1944 /JSP
Eddie Vinson /Is You Is or Is You Ain't My Baby /Old Maid Boogie /Blue Boar
Mabel Scott /Baseball Boogie /1938-1950 /Blues Classics
Iona Wade /Take My Number Baby /Hidden Gems v2  Peacock Records /Official
Jesse Thomas /It's You I'm Thinking Of /Rhythm and Blues v1 /Membran
Bobby Rush /Knockin' at Your Door /Raw /Deep Rush
Henry Manx /Bring That Thing /Dog My Cat /NorthernBlues
Howell and Devine /House in the Field /Modern Sounds of Ancient Ju Ju /Arhoolie
Doug MacLeod /Serious Doin' Woman /Exactly Like This /Reference Recordings
Mary Lane /I Always Want You Near /Chicago-The Blues Legends-Today! /West Tone
Rockin' Johnny /Give Me an Hour in Your Garden /Neoprene Fedora /West Tone
Dylan Bishop /Your Natural Charms /Exciting Sounds of... /Espanada
Andy T Band /I Want You Bad /Double Strike /American Showplace
Casey Hensley /Don't Want It to Stop /Live /Vizztone
Johnny Tucker /Tired of Doing Nothing /Seven Day Blues /HighJohn
Troy Gonyea /Bring It on Home /Click Clack Spark /self
Jimmie Vaughan /24 Hours a Day (It's Love Baby) /Baby, Please Come Home /Last Music

New on the Menu
Anthony Geraci /Mister /Daydreams in Blue /Shining Stone