[Blues-l] PLAYLIST: Blues Cafe' 7/18/2020

David Carrigan papajoe61@hotmail.com
Sat Jul 18 11:39:39 EDT 2020

My show #993.  The Saturday Blue Plate Special was theme driven tuneage about folks who brag about themselves or others. It's the "Braggadocio Blues."

Papajoe (David Carrigan)

101CAC  Reserve Street
UWSP
Stevens Point WI 54481​
715 346 2696
papajoe61@hotmail.c<mailto:papajoe61@hotmail.com>om
listen on the air   www.90fm.org<http://www.90fm.org/>

July 18, 2020
Muddy Waters /Hoochie Coochie Man /Chess Masters '52-'58 /Chess
This Date in Blues History
1929  Alberta Hunter wi Bobby Leecan /Gimme All You Got /Suitcase Breakdown /Frog
1933  Lucille Bogan /Baking Powder Blues /Best of /Columbia
1951  Jimmy Yancey /35th and Dearborn /Chicago Piano v1 /Atlantic
1952  Varetta Dillard /Them There Eyes /Rhythm and Blues v10 /Membran
1952  H-Bomb Ferguson /Work for My Baby /Rock H-Bomb Rock /Big Bang
1952  Floyd Dixon /Red Cherries /Cocktail Combos /Capitol
1952  Joe Hill Louis /Dorothy Mae /Be Bop Boy /Bear Family
1956  Jimmy Reed /Come on Baby /I'm Jimmy Reed /Charly
1960  Fats Domino /My Girl Josephine /They Call Me the Fat Man v2 /EMI
1968  Freddie King /Let Me Down Easy /Is a Blues Master /Atlantic
1969  Earl Hooker /I'm Your Main Man /The Moon is Rising /Arhoolie
1982  Louisiana Red /Back Door Friend /Sittin' Here Wonderin' /Earwig
2005  Mississippi Heat /Cold, Cold Feeling /One Eye Open /Denmark
2015  Terry Hanck /Smilin' Through My Tears /From the Roadhouse to Your House /Vizztone

Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed
All of it Blue! featuring JD Taylor
wi. Little Boys Blue /Ain't No Use in Crying /Bad Love /Jason
Little Boys Blue /Wanna be Your Lovin' Man /Tennissippi /Jaxon
Little Boys Blue /Blues Bug /Hard Blue Space /Vizztone
JD Taylor /Anastasia /Coldwater Sessions /Vizztone

New on the Menu
John Primer  Bob Corritore /Left Me with a Broken Heart /The Gypsy Woman Told Me /SWMAF
Victor Wainwright and The Train /Mississippi /Memphis Loud /Ruf
Anthony Geraci /Tomorrow May Never Come /Day Dreams in Blue /Shining Stone

Saturday Blue Plate Special  "Braggadocio Blues"
Bessie Smith /Nobody in Town Can Bake a Sweet Jelly Roll Like Mine /Volume 1 /Frog
Mississippi John Hurt /Candy Man /Complete 1928 Recordings /Sony
Carolina Peanut Boys /This Will Bring You Back /Jug Band Blues /Rough Guide
Joe Williams /Crawlin' Kingsnake /Complete Recordings v1 /Document
Robert Petway /Catfish Blues /Lonesome Road Blues 1926-1941 /Yazoo
Tony Hollins /Crosscut Saw Blues /Roots 'n Blues Retrospectives v4 /Columbia
Joe Liggins /The Honeydripper /Shuffle Boogie King /Proper
Camille Howard wi. Roy Milton /title track /Groovy Blues /Specialty
Louis Jordan and the Tympany Five /If it's Love You Want, Baby I Got It /1944-1946 /JSP
Eddie Vinson /Oil Man Blues /Old Maid Boogie /Blue Boar
Baby Dee /Look What Baby's Got for You /Don't You Feel My Leg /Delmark
Clarence Gatemouth Brown /Gatemouth Boogie /His First 1947-1951 /EPM
Buddy Johnson /Did You See Jackie Robinson Hit That Ball? /Walk 'Em /Ace
Jackie Brenston and The Delta Cats /Rocket 88 /Best of Ike Turner /Rhino
Howlin' Wolf /I'm the Wolf /Sings the Blues /Ace
Johnny Winter /Gangster of Love /Winter Essentials /Fuel
Ten Years After /Spider in My Web / Undead /Deram
Fleetwood Mac /Rollin' Man /Mr. Wonderful /Columbia
Albert Collins /title track /Trash Talkin' /Collectables
Hubert Sumlin /I Can't Lose with the Stuff I Use /King of Chicago Blues /Vogue
Koko Taylor /I Got What It Takes /South Side Lady /Evidence
Lovie Lee /title track /Good Candy /Earwig
Bobby Rush /Poison Ivy /Blues Harmonica Rumble /Dialtone
Candy Kane /Fit, Fat and Fine /Whole Lotta Love /Ruf
Ben Prestage /Catfish Blues-Back Door Man /Real Music /self
James Harman /I'm Lookin' Sharp /Two Sides to Every Story /Black Top
Mud Morganfield /title track /Son of the Seventh Son /Severn
Blues Masters feat. Hazel Miller /Good Time Woman /Volume 3 /DMD
Cash Box Kings /Sugar Daddy /Hail to the Kings! /Alligator