[Blues-l] PLAYLIST: Blues Cafe' 7/11/2020

David Carrigan papajoe61@hotmail.com
Sat Jul 11 11:22:03 EDT 2020

My show #992.  The Saturday Blue Plate Special was theme driven tuneage about gambling, an activity for the date 7/11.

Papajoe (David Carrigan)

101CAC  Reserve Street
UWSP
Stevens Point WI 54481​
715 346 2696
papajoe61@hotmail.c<mailto:papajoe61@hotmail.com>om
listen on the air   www.90fm.org<http://www.90fm.org/>

July 11, 2020
This Date in Blues History
Chess single record #1480
1951  Muddy Waters /Still a Fool /EP Collection /See for Miles
1951  Muddy Waters /My Fault /Rollin' Stone v2 /Chess
1929  Cow Cow Davenport /The Lover and the Beggar /Essentila v2 /Classics
1935  Bumble Bee Slim /Steady Roll Mama /Essential v1 /Classics
1946  Walter Brown /I've Come Back to Get You /1945-1947 /Classics
1951  Champion Jack Dupree /Watching My Stuff /Blues for Everybody /King
1952  Memphis Minnie /Conjur Man /Chess Blues box v2 /Chess
1952  Blue Smitty /Crying /Drop Down Mama /Chess
1956  Otis Rush /I Can't Quit You Baby /Cobra Recordings /Fuel
1956  Big Walter /Have a Good Time /Mr. Dixon's Workshop /Fuel
1997  Bonnie Lee /Meet Me with Your Black Drawers On /Red Hot Mamas /Blue Chicago
1997  Peaches Staten /Honey Don't /Red Hot Mamas /Blue Chicago
2001  Lester Davenport /Stop Beggin' Me /I Smell a Rat /Delmark
2008  Nick Moss /I Got All Kinds of Love /Live at Chan's Combo Platter #2 /Blue Bella

Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed, All of It Blue
featuring Anthony Geraci
old  wi. Ronnie Earl /Narcolepsy /They Call Me Mr. Earl /Black Top
borrowed  Let Your Conscience be Your Guide /Take It from Me /Tone Cool
blue  Angelina, Angelina /Why Did You Have to Go /Shining Stone
new  Tutti Frutti Booty /Daydreams in Blue /Shining Stone

Birthday Girl  Francine Reed  7/11/1947  73 today!
Francine Reed /title track /I Want You to Love Me /Ichiban
Francine Reed /A Touch of Love /Shades of Blue /Platinum
Francine Reed /Please Send Me Someone to Love /I Got a Right /CMO

New on the Menu
Eric Hughes /Waiting for That Day /Postcard from Beale Street /Endless Blues
Grant Dermody /I Can't Turn Back Time /My Dony /self
Victor Wainwright and The Train /Mississippi /Memphis Loud /Ruf
John Primer  Bob Corritore /Gambling Blues /The Gypsy Woman Told Me /SWMAF

Saturday Blue Plate Special  "Blues for 7-11"
Papa Charlie Jackson /Gay Cattin' /The Music of /vol. B /JSP
Foster and Harris /Alley Crap Game /Chronological Tampa Red /Document
Blind Blake /Playing Policy Blues /All the Published Sides v5 /JSP
Lucille Bogan /Skin Game Blues /Roots 'n Blues Retrospective v3 /Columbia
Lil Green /I'm Gonna Start a Racket /1940-1941 /Classics
T-Bone Walker /You're My Best Poker Hand /Capitol, Black and White Recordings /Capitol
Roy Milton / The Numbers Blues /and the Solid Senders /Specialty
Roy Brown /Gamblin' Man /1951-1953 /Classics
Tommy Brown /Card Game /Harmonica Blues Kings /Delmark
B.B. King /Gambler's Blues /Blues is King /MCA
Guitar Crusher /Since My Baby Hit the Numbers /East Coast Guitar Killers v1 /El Segundo
Johnny Winter /Broke Down Engine Blues /Progressive Blues Experiment /Imperial
Freddie King and Eric Clapton /Gambling Woman Blues /1934-1976 /RSO
Albert Collins /Blackjack /Showdown! /Alligator
Nappy Brown /Losin' Hand /Tore Up /Alligator
Smokey Wilson /title track /88th Street Blues /Blind Pig
Eddy Clearwater /Big Time Gambler /Help Yourself /Blind Pig
Mary Lane /3-6-9 Blues /Appointment with the Blues /Noir
Phillip Walker /Rub Some Good Luck on Me /I Got a Sweet Tooth /Black Top
Daddy Mack Blues Band /The Weekend /Fix It When I Can /Inside Sounds
Rick Estrin /Lottery Blues /On the Harp Side /self
Andy T  Nick Nixon Band /title track /Numbers Man /Blind Pig
James Harman /Lady Luck /Liquor Parking /Vizztone

New on the Menu
CD Woodbury /Wang Dang Doodle /World's Gone Crazy /self
Nick Telesca /Turn on a Dime /Higher Vibrations /self