[Blues-l] PLAYLIST: Blues Cafe' 7/4/2020

David Carrigan papajoe61@hotmail.com
Sat Jul 4 14:01:14 EDT 2020

My show #991.  The Saturday Blue Plate Special was theme driven tuneage about partying, a popular activity for the 4th of July.

Papajoe (David Carrigan)

101CAC  Reserve Street
UWSP
Stevens Point WI 54481​
715 346 2696
papajoe61@hotmail.c<mailto:papajoe61@hotmail.com>om
listen on the air   www.90fm.org<http://www.90fm.org/>

July 4, 2020
Muddy Waters /Let the Good Times Roll /Woodstock Album /Chess
This Date in Blues History
1959  Ashton Savoy /Need Shorter Hours /Goin' Down to Louisiana /Ace
1979  Willie Mabon /Louise, Louise /Chicago Blues Session /Evidence
1997  Luther Allison /Living in the House of the Blues /Songs from the Road /Ruf
2009  Downchild /What was I Thinking /I Need a Hat /Linus

Blues for Independence Day
Stick McGhee /You Gotta Have Something on the Ball /Chronological v1 /Document
Gladys Fatso Bentley /Fourth of July Boogie /Boogie Woogie Playgirl /Eddie's
Edith Wilson /Yankee Doodle Blues /Devil's Music /Indigo
Andre Williams /Abe Lincoln Blues /Fat Back and Corn Liquor /St. George
Sam Lay /Red, White and Blues /Stone Blues /Evidence
Big Jack Johnson /It's the Fourth of July /We Got to Stop This Killin' /M.C.
Zora Young /Living in the USA /Learned My Lesson /Delmark
James Day /Blues on a Fuse /Firecracker /Neon Blue
Birthday Blues
Alan Wilson
wi. Canned Heat /Help Me /Uncanned /EMI
wi. Canned Heat /On the Road Again /Boogie With /Magic
Jeremy Spencer
wi. Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac /I Can't Hold Out /BBC Sessions /Castle
Jeremy Spencer /Trouble and Woe /Precious Little /Blind Pig

New on the Menu
CD Woodbury /Walk Around Music /World's Gone Crazy /self
Grant Dermody /title track /My Dony /self
Victor Wainwright and The Train /South End of a North Bound Mule /Memphis Loud /Ruf
Eric Hughes /It's 4:20 Somewhere /Postcard from Beale Street /Endless Blues

Saturday Blue Plate Special "Party for the 4th of July"
Cow Cow Davenport /Mootch Piddle /Shake Your Wicked Knees /Yazoo
Romeo Nelson /Head Rag Hop /Shake Your Wicked Knees /Yazoo
Jolly Two /Come on Down /Barbecue Any Old Time /Old Hat
Bessie Smith /Gimme a Pigfoot /The Collection /Columbia
Georgia White /The Stuff is Here /Chronological v3 /Document
Alberta Hunter /My Castle's Rockin' The 20's and 30's /Jass
Louis Jordan /Sure Had a Wonderful Time / 1944-1946 /JSP
Roy Brown /title track /Good Rocking Tonight /Rhino
Amos Milburn /Chicken Shack Boogie /Blues, Barrelhouse and Boogie Woogie /Capitol
Earl Bostic /Who Snuck the Wine in the Gravy /Earl Blows a Fuse /Proper
Eddie Mack /title track /Hoot and Holler Saturday Night /Delmark
Jimmy Liggins /Saturday Night Boogie Woogie Man /and his Drops of Joy /Specialty
Big Mama Thornton /Mischievous Boogie The Original Hound Dog /Ace
Big Walter /Have a Good Time /Mr. Dixon's Workshop /Fuel
Koko Taylor /Wang Dang Doodle /self titled /Chess
William Clarke /Let's Celebrate Life /Now That You're Gone /Watch Dog
Mitch Woods /Quiet Whiskey /Solid Gold Cadillac /Blind Pig
James Harman /Grindin' Bump /Two Sides to Every Story /Black Top
Big Joe and the Dynaflows /Let's Get High /I'm Still Swingin' /Severn
Daddy Mack Blues Band /The Weekend /Fix It When I Can /Inside Sounds
Nora Jean Bruso /Miss Mae's Juke Joint /Goin' Back to Mississippi /Severn
Pocket Rockets wi. Blind Mississippi Morris /Gonna Have Some Fun /Walk with Me /Boogie BBQ
Richard Johnston wi. Moreland and Arbuckle /Long Past Midnight /Floyd's Market /Uncle Larry's
Cash Box Kings /House Party /Royal Mint /Alligator

New on the Menu
Mark Telesca /Papa's on the House Top /Higher Vibrations /self
Smoke Wagon Blues Band /Ain't Gonna be Your Fool /Ballad of Albert Johnson /self
John Primer  Bob Corritore /I Got the Same Old Blues /The Gypsy Woman Told Me /SWMAF