[Blues-l] PLAYLIST: Blues Cafe' 1/25/2020

David Carrigan papajoe61@hotmail.com
Sat Jan 25 11:08:12 EST 2020

My show #973.  The Saturday Blue Plate Special was a listen to my favorite 2019 albums, done countdown style.  This subjective list should take several weeks to complete.

Papajoe (David Carrigan)

101CAC  Reserve Street
UWSP
Stevens Point WI 54481
715 346 2696
papajoe61@hotmail.c<mailto:papajoe61@hotmail.com>om
listen on the air   www.90fm.org

January 25, 2020
Muddy Waters /Little Annie Mae /Goin' Way Back /Just a Memory
This Date in Blues History
1938  Virgil Childers /Dago Blues /A Richer Tradition box set /JSP
1940  Louis Jordan /You Run Your Mouth and I'll Run My Business /1938-1940 /JSP
1949  Camille Howard /Instantaneous Boogie /Legends of Boogie Woogie /Specialty
1952  Elmore James /My Baby's Gone /Traveling Record Man /Ace
1955  Little Walter /My Babe /The Singles A's and B's /Jasmine
1957  Fats Domino /Don't Deceive Me /The Fat Man box set /EMI
1968  Big Mama Thornton /title track /Ball n' Chain /Arhoolie
1989  Stevie Ray Vaughan /Tightrope /In Step /Epic

Birthday Boys and Girl
Blind Willie Johnson 1/25/1897 - 9/18/45
Dark was the Night, Cold was the Ground /Classic Blues Songs from the 20's v10 /Blues Images
Let Your Light Shine on Me /Classic Blues Songs from the 20's v14 /Blues Images
Sleepy John Estes  1/25/1899 - 6/5/77
Broken Hearted, Ragged and Dirty Too /Someday Baby Blues /Snapper
I'm Tearing Little Daddy /American Folk Blues Fest 1964 /L and R
Moses Whispering Smith  1/25/32 - 4/28/84
Storm in Texas /Bayou Blues Harp /Excello
Hound Dog Twist /Bayou Blues Harp /Excello
Little Mack Simmons  1/25/33 - 10/24/2000
Broken Heart /Cadillac Baby's Bea and Baby v2 /Earwig
Let Me Explain My Love /Little Mack is Back /Electro-Fi
Etta James  1/25/1938 - 1/20/2012
The Wallflower /Essential Modern Recordings /Virgin
I Want to Ta Ta You, Baby /Life, Love and the Blues /Windam Hill

New on the Menu
Joe Beard wi. Mark Hummel /Five Long Years /Wayback Machine /Electro-Fi
Jimmy Burns wi. Chris Shutters /No Consideration /Good Gone Bad /Third Street Cigar

Saturday Blue Plate Special  Blue Review 2019 Countdown
#10  Rick Estrin and The Nightcats /Contemporary /Alligator
The Main Event
I'm Running
Bo Dee's Bounce
#9  Troy Gonyea /Click, Click, Spark /self
Jumping at Shadows
As I Am
Tell Heaven
#8  James Harman /Liquor Parking /Bigtone
Done Deal
Woman Took My Woman
Lady Luck
#7  Cash Box Kings /Hail to the Kings! /Alligator
Ain't No Fun When the Rabbit Got the Gun
Poison in My Whiskey
Sugar Daddy
#6  Bob Corittore and Friends /Do the Hip-Shake Baby! /SWMAF
The Twist
You Better Slow Down
Trying to Make a Living
#5  Big Joe and the Dynaflows /Rockhouse Party /Severn
Driving Wheel
So Mean to Me
World Gone Wrong

New on the Menu
Thorbjorn Risager and Black Tornado /I'll be Gone /Come on In /Ruf
Forrest McDonald /Misery and Blues /Blues in a Bucket /World Talent