[Blues-l] PLAYLIST: 1/11/20

David Carrigan papajoe61@hotmail.com
Sat Jan 11 12:46:36 EST 2020

My show #971.  The Saturday Blue Plate Special was a listen to my favorite 2019 albums, done countdown style.  This subjective list should take several weeks to complete.

Papajoe (David Carrigan)

101CAC  Reserve Street
UWSP
Stevens Point WI 54481
715 346 2696
papajoe61@hotmail.c<mailto:papajoe61@hotmail.com>om
listen on the air   www.90fm.org

January 11, 2020
Muddy Waters /Honey Bee /Live Recordings 1965-1973 /Wolf
This Date in Blues History
1924  birthday  Slim Harpo /I'm a King Bee /Buzzin' the Blues v1 /Bear Family
1929  Tampa Red and Georgia Tom /Chicago Moan Blues /Chronological v1 /Document
1947  Louis Jordan /Friendship /1947-1949 /JSP box
1954  Ernest Cotton /Empty Bed /Long Man Blues /Delmark
1954  L.C. McKinley /Disgusted /Long Man Blues /Delmark
1963  Lightnin' Slim /title track /I'm Evil /Excello
1963  Rice Miller /Help Me /Essential /Chess
1973  Doug Sahm /Your Friends /and Friends /Rhino
1982  birthday Andrew Duncanson wi Kilborn Alley Blues Band /I'm Spent /Tear Chicago Down /Blue Bella
1984  Stevie Ray Vaughan /Close to You /The Sky is Crying /Epic
1984  Hollywood All-Stars /Gambler's Blues /Hard Hitting Blues from Memphis /HMG
2001  release Henry Gray /Somebody's Got to Go /Watch Yourself /Lucky Cat
2004  Mark Hummel /Where Y'at /Blues Harp Meltdown v3 /Mountain Top

Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed, All of It Blue!
featuring Mark Hummel
old 1984 /Blue and Lonesome /Chicago Blues Party /Mountain Top
2015 /Prove It to You /Golden State Lone Star Blues Revue /Electro-Fi
borrowed /Keep-a-Talking /Lowdown to Uptown /Tone Cool
new /So Much Trouble /Wayback Machine /Electro-Fi

New on the Menu
Jimmy Johnson /Somebody Loan Me a Dime /Every Day of Your Life /Delmark
The Jimmys /Take You Back /Gotta Have It /Brown Cow
Frank Bey /I Bet I Never Cross Your Mind /All My Dues are Paid /Nola Blues

Saturday Blue Plate Special  Blue Review 2019 -The Countdown
#23  Reed Turchi and the Kudzu Choir /Midnight in Memphis /self
Teacher's Blues
Discount Store
Lord I'm so Glad I Don't Crave Everything I See
#22  Lil A and the Allnighters /Hip Ya /Straight Up Blues
Chromatic Jump
Country Girl
Must be Jelly
#21  Jr. Watson /Nothin' to It, But to Do It /Little Village Foundation
Well Yo Know
A Shot in the Dark
PeeWee Classic
#20  Altered Five Blues Band /Ten Thousand Watts /Blind Pig
Right On, Right On
Mischief Man
Dollars and Demons
#19  Nick Moss /Lucky Guy! /Alligator
312 Blood
Movin' on My Way
The Comet
#18  Magic Slim /I'm Gonna Play the Blues /Wolf
Come on In This House
Please Don't Dog Me
Playing with My Mind

New on the Menu
Fillmore Slim /title track /Son of the Seven Sisters /Fillmore Slim Media
Thorbjorn Risager /Never Giving In /Come on In /Ruf
Curley Weaver /Dirty Deal Blues /"It's the Best Stuff Yet!" /Frog