[Blues-l] PLAYLIST: Blues Cafe' 1/4/20

David Carrigan papajoe61@hotmail.com
Sat Jan 4 13:31:46 EST 2020

My show #970.  The Saturday Blue Plate Special was a finish up to the year end farewell to blues artists who left us in 2019 and more of Blue Review 2019.

Papajoe (David Carrigan)

101CAC  Reserve Street
UWSP
Stevens Point WI 54481
715 346 2696
papajoe61@hotmail.c<mailto:papajoe61@hotmail.com>om
listen on the air   www.90fm.org

January 4, 2020
Chess record # 1765
Muddy Waters /Tiger in Your Tank /Newport 1960 /Chess
Muddy Waters /Meanest Woman /Newport 1960 /Chess
This Date in Blues History
1933  Hunter and Jenkins /Lollypop /He Got Out His Big Ten Inch /Indigo
1938  Peetie Wheatstraw /What More Can a Man Do? /Essential /Classic Blues
1945  Henry Rubberlegs Williams /That's the Blues /Obscure Blues Shouters /Blue Moon
1950  Amos Milburn /Sax Shack Boogie /Blues, Barrelhouse and Boogie Woogie /Capitol
1956  Elmore James /Wild About You Baby /Blues After Hours /Ace
1969  Fleetwood Mac wi. Otis Spann /Hungry Country Girl /in Chicago /Sire
1994  Sam Lay /Jelly Jelly /Stone Blues /Evidence
2000  Big DooWopper /Your Love /All in the Joy /Delmark

Birthday Boys and Girl
Tommy McClennan  Jan. 4, 1905  Durant MS
Brown Skin Girl /Bluebird Recordings 1939-1942 /RCA
New Highway 51 /Bluebird Recordings 1939-1942 /RCA
Eddie Cusic  Jan. 4, 1926  Wilmot MS
Cut You Loose /Living Country Blues /Evidence
Pretty Thing /I Want to Boogie /HMG
Precious Bryant nee Bussey  Jan. 4, 1942  Talbot County GA
Don't You Wanna Jump /Fool Me Good /Terminus
Me and My Chauffeur /The Truth /Terminus

New on the Menu
Blind Willie McTell /Mama Tain't Long for Day /"It's the Best Stuff Yet!" /Frog
Frank Bey /Calling All Fools /All My Dues are Paid /Nola Blues
Fillmore Slim /Little Bluebird /Son of the Seven Sisters /Fillmore Slim Media
Thorbjorn Risager /title track /Come on In /Ruf
The Jimmys /title track /Gotta Have It /Brown Cow

continued from last week  "Blue Passings for 2019"
Larry "The Mole" Taylor  August 19, 2019
wi. Canned Heat /Evil Woman/ Boogie With /Liberty
wi. Kim Wilson /Early in the Morning /Smokin' Joint /M.C.
Beverly Watkins  October 1, 2019
Too Many Times /Back in Business /Music Maker
What About Me /Back in Business /Music Maker
Wee Willie Walker  November 19, 2019
and the Butanes /No Longer for Me /Right Where I Belong /One on One
wi. Anthony Paule /Hate Take a Holiday /After a While /Blue Dot

Blue Review 2019
International Blues
Bloodest Saxophone wi. Crystal Thomas /You Don't Move Me No More /Texas Queens 5 /Dialtone-Vizztone
Manx Marriner Mainline /Death Don't Have No Mercy /Hellbound for Heaven /Stony Plain
Giles Robson /Way Past Midnight /Don't Give Up on the Blues /American Showplace Music
Savoy Brown /Selfish World /City Night /Quarto Valley
T.D. Lind and Screamin' John /The Letter /Mr. Little Big Man /Down in the Alley
John Mayall /The Moon is Full /Nobody Told Me /Forty Below
A.G. Weinberger /Cadillac Blues /Reborn /Big Foot
Mick Clarke /Whisky Blues /Steppin' Out /Rockfold

Watermelon Slim /Tax Man Blues /Church of the Blues /NorthernBlues
Gracie Curran /Sweet Sativa /Come Undone /Vizztone
Reese Wynans /I've Got the Right to be Blue /Sweet Release /J&R Adventures
Bobby Rush /Hey Hey Bobby Rush /Sitting on Top of the Blues /Deep Rush
Scott Ramminger /88 Reasons /Rise Up /Arbor Lane
Coco Montoya /Lights are On, but Nobody's Home /Coming in Hot /Alligator
Ronnie Earl /Blues with a Feeling /Beyond the Blue Door /Stony Plain

John Mayall /