[Blues-l] PLAYLIST: Blues Cafe' 2/22/2020

David Carrigan papajoe61@hotmail.com
Sat Feb 22 13:16:53 EST 2020

My show #976.  The Saturday Blue Plate Special was a farewell to Henry Gray, who passed on Feb. 17.  Also tuneage for birthday boy Texas Johnny Brown.

Papajoe (David Carrigan)

101CAC  Reserve Street
UWSP
Stevens Point WI 54481​
715 346 2696
papajoe61@hotmail.c<mailto:papajoe61@hotmail.com>om
listen on the air   www.90fm.org

February 8, 2020
Muddy Waters /Things I Used to Do /Muddy Waters Chess box /Chess
This Date in Blues History
1921  Mamie Smith /"U" Need Some Lovin' Blues /Best of /Columbia
1932  Willie McTell /Mama Let Me Scoop for You /Best of /Yazoo
1949  Roy Milton /The Hucklebuck /and His Solid Senders /Specialty
1949  Wild Bill Moore /Rock and Roll /We're Gonna Rock, We're Gonna Roll /Proper
1957  Guitar Gable /Cool, Calm and Collected /Louisiana Bayou Rockers /Excello
1957  Guitar Gable /This Should Go On Forever /Louisiana Bayou Rockers /Excello
1987  Alabama Pettis Jr. /Heart Fixin' Blues /Nora Lee /Wolf
1999  Jimmie Lee Robinson /The Sun is Shining /All My Life /Analogue Productions

Birthday Boy Texas Johnny Brown  2/22/28  Ackerman MS - 7/1/13 Houston TX
There Goes the Blues /Atlantic Blues: Guitar Atlantic
wi. Amos Milburn and His Chickenshackers /Walkin' Blues /Blues, Barrelhouse and Boogie Woogie /Capitol
Blue and Lonesome /Texas Guitar Killers /El Paso
Snakehips /Texas Guitar Killers /El Paso
Strange Situation /Nothin' but the Truth /Choctaw Creek
Two Steps from the Blues /Nothin' but the Truth /Choctaw Creek
Handy Man /Blues Defender /Choctaw Creek
Rained Out /Blues Defender /Choctaw Creek

New on the Menu
Richard Ray Farrell /Dope Shootin' Woman /Three Pints of Gin /Blue Beet
Lisa Mills /Tell Mama /the Triangle /Melody Place
Jimmy Johnson /I Need You So Bad /Every Day of Your Life /Delmark
Mark Hummel /Road Dog /Wayback Machine /Electro-Fi
Cindy Cashdollar /How Many More Years /Waltz for Abilene /Silver Shot

Saturday Blue Plate Special  Farewell Henry Gray
Friends and Mentors
Sunnyland Slim /Keep Your Hands Out of My Money /and his Pals /JSP
Big Maceo /Chicago Breakdown /Bluebird Recordings '45-'47 /RCA
Little Hudson /Rough Treatment /JOB Records Story /Fuel
wi. Jimmy Rogers /What's the Matter /Complete Chess Recordings /Chess
wi. Morris Pejoe /May Bea /Wrapped in My Baby /Delmark
The Man
as Little Henry Gray /Matchbox Blues /Down Home Blues Chicago /Weiner World
wi. Billy Boy Arnold /I was Fooled /Best of Vee-Jay /Collectables
wi. Jimmy Reed /She Don't Want Me No More /Best of Vee-Jay /Collectables
Henry Gray /Goodbye Baby /Hand Me Down Blues /Relic
wi. Howlin' Wolf /Goin' Down Slow /Howlin' Wolf /Chess
Henry Gray /Cold Chills /Bluesin' on the Bayou /Ace
Henry Gray /Finger Snappin' Boogie /Lucky Man /Blind Pig
Henry Gray /Come On /Louisiana Swamp Blues v2 /Wolf
Henry Gray /She Don't Move Me No More /Blues Won't Let Me Take My Rest /Delta Groove
Henry Gray /Times are Getting Hard /Plays Chicago Blues /Hightone
Henry Gray /Sinner's Prayer /Rhythm Room Blues /Hightone
Henry Gray /Let Me Go /Direct to Disc /Analogue Productions
Henry Gray /Scratch the Cat /Watch Yourself /Lucky Cat
Henry Gray /How Long, How Long Blues /Scorcese Presents Piano Blues /Columbia
Henry Gray /Dust My Broom /Time Brings About a Change /High John
Henry Gray /How Could You Do It /Times are Getting Hard /Lucky Cat
Henry Gray /I'm Gonna Miss You /Blues Won't Let Me Take My Rest /Delta Groove
Henry Gray /Lord Will Make a Way Somehow /92 /Music Matters