[Blues-l] PLAYLIST: Blues Cafe' 2/8/2020

David Carrigan papajoe61@hotmail.com
Sat Feb 8 13:22:01 EST 2020

My show #975.  The Saturday Blue Plate Special was 2 different looks at Valentines, one - blues titles that would work one those little heart shaped candies with short sayings on them, and two - a blues take on love for Valentines, rejection and heartache.

Papajoe (David Carrigan)

101CAC  Reserve Street
UWSP
Stevens Point WI 54481
715 346 2696
papajoe61@hotmail.c<mailto:papajoe61@hotmail.com>om
listen on the air   www.90fm.org

February 8, 2020
Muddy Waters /Mad Love /Chess Masters '52-'58 /Chess
This Date in Blues History
1932  Jimmie Davis /Red Nightgown Blues /When the Sun Goes Down v2 /Bluebird RCA
1932  Oscar Woods /Nok-em-All /Texas Blues /Catfish
1946  Harry Gibson /Who Put the Benzedrine in Mrs. Murphy's Ovaltine? /Drink Up-Light Up /Fantastic Voyage
1950  Tiny Bradshaw /Walking the Chalk Line /Walk That Mess! /Westside
1951  Roy Milton /So Tired /and His Solid Senders /Specialty
1952  Johnny Wicks and His Swingin' Ozarks /Jockey Jack Boogie /Boogie Woogie Goodies /Membran
1957  Bo Diddley /Mona aka I Need You Baby /Best of /Chess
1957  Rice Miller /I Don't Know /Essential /Chess
1962  Freddy King /(Let You Love) Watch Over Me /Takin' Care of Business v2 /Bear Family
1963  Buddy Guy /$100 Dollar Bill /Complete Chess /Chess
1994  album release Smoking' Joe and B'nois King /Still a Fool /Texas Cadillac /Bullseye
2008  Mick Fleetwood /Love That Burns /Blue Again /
Saturday Blue Plate Special  "Valentine Candy Blues"
Floyd Dixon /Forever and Ever /Cow Town Blues /Ace
Sure 'Nuff /Smokey Hogg /Angels in Harlem /Specialty
Elmore James /I Need You /King of the Slide Guitar /Capricorn
H-Bomb Ferguson /Good Lovin' /Rock H-Bomb Rock /Big Bang
Billy Emerson /Red Hot /Sun Blues box v7 /Bear Family
Otis Redding /Free Me /Deepest Soul of /Volt
Diunna Greenleaf /Be for Me /Trying to Hold On /Blue Mercy
Anson Funderburgh and The Rockets /True Love /My Love is Here to Stay Black Top
Mark Hummel /I'm Hooked /Lowdown to Uptown /Tone Cool
Kilborn Alley Blues Band /Tonight /Better Off Now /Blue Bella
New on the Menu
Jimmy Johnson /Rattlesnake /Everyday of Your Life /Delmark
Eddie Burns wi. Chris Shutters /Miss Annie Lou /Good Gone Bad /Third Street Cigar
Saturday Blue Plate Special  "Valentines Rejection and Loss"
Leroy Carr /Truthful of Blues /Chronological Vol. 1 /Document
Big Bill Broonzy /Mr. Conductor Man /Big Bill Blues /Wolf
John Lee Sonny Boy Williamson /Early in the Morning /Bluebird Recordings '37-'38 /RCA
Big Boy Crudup /That's Why I'm Lonesome /Everything's Alright /Our World
Forrest City Joe /Lonesome Day /Downhome Delta Harmonica /Delta Cat
Guitar Johnny Watson /Those Lonely, Lonely Nights /3 Hours Past Midnight /Flair
Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac /Blues with a Feeling /Live at the BBC /Fleetwood
Aretha Franklin /Drinking Again /Unforgettable /Columbia
B.B. King /How Blue Can You Get? /Live at the Regal /MCA
Etta James /I'd Rather Go Blind /Sweetest Peaches v2/ Chess
Buddy Guy and Junior Wells /Checkin' Up on My Baby /Drinkin' TNT, Smoking' Dynamite /Blind Pig
Snooky Pryor /Keyhole in Your Door /Too Cool to Move /Antones

Birthday Boys
Lonnie Johnson  2/8/1899 New Orleans
Mean Old Bedbug Blues /Essential /Classic Blues
6/88 Glide /Essential /Classic Blues
Eddie Burns  2/8/1928 Belzoni MS
Notoriety Woman /Detroit Blues '38-'54 box /JSP
I Call It Love /Snake Eyes /Delmark
Fito de la Parra  2/8/1946  Mexico City  74 today!
wi. John Lee Hooker /Whiskey and Women /Hooker and Heat /EMI
wi. Canned Heat /Evil Woman /Boogie With /Magic
Marquis Knox  2/8/1991 St. Louis  29 today!
Problems /Man Child /Analog Productions
Tears Fall Like Rain /Here I Am /Analog Productions
New on the Menu
Forrest McDonald /title track /Blues in a Bucket /World Talent
Richard Ray Farrell /Funny Feeling Blues /Three Pints of Gin /Blue Beet
Tinsley Ellis /Hole in My Heart /Ice Cream in Hell /Alligator